9-4: Bills Worked Out Paxton Lynch & Ten Other Players Today

26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Can Lynch go on the practice squad? If so maybe I can see some justification - though there other sucky young guys I'd prefer to take a shot on. If it is someone for the 53 aren't Matt Moore and Derek Anderson still out there? Both are better than Lynch could ever dream of being.

I would agree, but I believe Lynch is still PS eligible and there are very few guys that fit that criteria with the experience Lynch has.

I hate the idea of Lynch being on the 53 - that would make no sense, but if you are working him out with an eye on the PS just to see.  Then I have no issue.

I would like to think the Bills know who is available and are looking at this as an opportunity to get a guy and maybe use it for a pick later on.  Same way a team like the Jets are looking at him.

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yep.  Striking out in 38% of one's at bats at the AA level usually gets the call.

So he would have to play to strikeout, correct? Just trying to understand what your definition of "play" is. I mean, I know what it ACTUALLY means.

Just now, Luka said:

So he would have to play to strikeout, correct? Just trying to understand what your definition of "play" is. I mean, I know what it ACTUALLY means.

If you think Tim Tebow was suiting up for the Mets' AA affiliate because of his baseball playing ability, then you weren't paying attention.

But yes ... you are correct.  He played baseball until he broke his hand right before he needed to get ready for college football season.  What a coincidence.

9 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Does any one know if Paxton passed his first test?............ Hitting the side of the Adpro Center? ;)

Reports are that yes, in two of three throws he did hit the broad or length side of the Adpro. But he refused to try to throw and hit the end or width sides of the building, obviously a much more difficult throw. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I read earlier today that the Giants? (whomever signed Davis Webb to PS) gave him the same contract he would have had on their 53. I wonder if the Bills would be willing to do that with Lynch. Not his old contract but the vet minimum 53 man roster number for his third year. 

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I read earlier today that the Giants? (whomever signed Davis Webb to PS) gave him the same contract he would have had on their 53. I wonder if the Bills would be willing to do that with Lynch. Not his old contract but the vet minimum 53 man roster number for his third year. 

Yep. It was the NYJ. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Yep.  Striking out in 38% of one's at bats at the AA level usually gets the call.

That just means that he isnt striking out 62% of the time. 38% isnt that bad, isnt that around what Judge with the Yankees was doing last year? Also might be less then Davis from the Orioles IIRC.....

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

That just means that he isnt striking out 62% of the time. 38% isnt that bad, isnt that around what Judge with the Yankees was doing last year? Also might be less then Davis from the Orioles IIRC.....

Judge set records (not good ones) with his strikeouts and it's a different story when you're hitting a ton of HRs.

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be among those rooting for Lynch to succeed.

"Obviously, he just didn't do the job," Sanders said about Lynch in an interview with NFL.com's Nick Shook. "I was rooting for the guy. He's got all the intangibles in the world. Six-foot-6, 6-foot-7, big arm, can scramble, can run. I just think that for Paxton, he's just got to keep honing in on his mental skills, his study skills, how to go about playing the quarterback position, knowing your reads and checkdowns and also playing with a sense of confidence that runs through the offense, spreads through like a wildfire throughout the offense."

Sounds to me like he's either lazy or stupid.

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will be among those rooting for Lynch to succeed.

"Obviously, he just didn't do the job," Sanders said about Lynch in an interview with NFL.com's Nick Shook. "I was rooting for the guy. He's got all the intangibles in the world. Six-foot-6, 6-foot-7, big arm, can scramble, can run. I just think that for Paxton, he's just got to keep honing in on his mental skills, his study skills, how to go about playing the quarterback position, knowing your reads and checkdowns and also playing with a sense of confidence that runs through the offense, spreads through like a wildfire throughout the offense."

Sounds to me like he's either lazy or stupid.

1991 - Frank Layden, Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I told him, 'Son, what is it with you. Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.' "

• Haha (+1) 1

...anybody offer up an OBJECTIVE analysis as to what has gone wrong so far with the Lynch kid?.......skip the "because he sucks" crap......collegiate style did not translate well to NFL ball?...coaching?...Elway?......struggles with reads/progressions like so many do?.......what would the Bills see in him to try him out?....just curious.....

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Bills Worked Out Paxton Lynch & Ten Other Players Today
2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

3 OL, at least it's something. Are they waiting until after week one to work out Vets so they don't pay guaranteed contracts?  Seems like Boone and Joeckel should be brought in.  Someone posted a link to 15 Cuts that the Bills should be looking at. I couldn't find the thread or link,  but remembered there were some interesting names on the list.

• Like (+1) 1