If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

I see you joined 10 years ago but still only have a couple thousand posts.  However, after reading your post, it all makes sense.

Your comments seem thoughtful, well reasoned, don't include any obvious spelling errors, and you've even included the proper Latin plural for "stadium" which I thought was a nice touch and appreciated.

You don't really fit in around here.  I fully understand the restraint in your posting behavior.

Aw shucks I just try my very very best.  I'm probably one of the oldest posters around here and I just chime in once in awhile.  I mostly take umbrage at the personal attacks by some people; I try to chuck a brick their way when I get the chance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Not at all.

Incompetence hiring incompetence is why the Bills have been bad to average the past 20 years.

Do you realize in the span of the whole drought, the Steelers had two coaches and the Bengals just ONE?

Let's try something different and keep a coach and gm around for five years. Just once.

On 9/1/2018 at 9:37 AM, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

For the camaraderie and recipes. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There's a reason many people wonder why Marvin Lewis still has a job.

The Steelers are a class organization. They are well functioning from top to bottom. 

When was the last time Tomlin had a losing year? 

When has he not had roethlisberger?

I understand the people who are skeptical about moves the Bills make, weaknesses on the roster, our starting QB, O line, D line, moves by the coaching staff etc etc., and I have zero issue with questioning it, or even taking a pessimistic outlook most of the time. 

Not everyone needs to be optimistic about everything, or “drinking the kook-aid” or whatever, and we’ve been through a lot as Buffalo fans. Pessimism about buffalo sports kind of comes naturally to us after so many years of abuse. 

But what I do not understand are the very small group of posters here who do absolutely nothing but constantly trash the Bills with pretty much every post.  

I don’t understand the point of posting here, or even following the Bills if you seem to hate every single thing they do... why torture yourself like that? 

There is a difference between questioning moves and being negative nearly 100% of the time. 

57 minutes ago, SoTier said:

No, you are not, but you are trying to stifle real discussion by continually questioning the fanhood of posters who are critical of the how the team is run ... and that's defacto censorship.   Your view of "reasonable dialog" is all posters praising the Pegulas, McDermott, and Beane as saviors, and anybody else keeping their views to themselves. 

No it's not and any review of my history of posts would tell you that.  My question is very simple:  what is the motivation behind some posters being continually negative?  I truly do not get that.

Rather than stifle discussion I would rather promote good discussion.  Rather than people who post Beane sucks with no context and the like.  What is the motivation behind that? 

When I feel criticism is warranted I'll provide it.  I thought hiring Rex was wrong and said so at the time as an example.  For the current team I do not understand keeping Ducasse.  So spare me the censorship crap.  And spare me the crap about wanting to ban anything negative about the organization.  No where here have I said people should be banned.  I am asking why they want to be on a Bills site if all they feel about them is negative.  

Here's an example of a negative idea I'd love to discuss in more detail.  Isn't it you that talks a lot about how the team just wants to make money and that's all that's motivated them for years and years?  How exactly does that make sense given the Pegulas spent 1.4 billion?  They are not Ralph Wilson.

So for you and others, if you don't want to explain the negativity fine.  But don't tell me I'm the one trying to stifle things.  I'm the one asking a question you don't want to answer.

20 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Spreading B.S. is not 'humor'..

in your opinion, right?

i don't believe you to be the official authority on humor, especially a joke as ridiculous as the Al Gore internet nonsense.  yikes.

sounds like your jimmies are a little rustled. 

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

There's a reason many people wonder why Marvin Lewis still has a job.

The Steelers are a class organization. They are well functioning from top to bottom. 

When was the last time Tomlin had a losing year? 

Do you realize the coaches made the playoffs over and over and over again.  You have your cause and effect backasswards. 

6 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

I’m amazed that football fans can have such disdain for NFL football players and still watch the games.

People in my life have watched the NFL every regular season week and every playoff game for five decades and have complained the whole game how boring it is 

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

What the hell are you trying to say?

The NFL is the only sport that people sit there and complain about how boring it is, every single game they watch

and they come back every week and complain about how boring it is 

I

8 hours ago, PaulieYayo said:

I definitely was around for the great years, but at least they had the talent to prospectively be a good team. I get what you're saying. but IMO they needed to build on last year and take that next step forward but they didn't. This roster regressed from last year, they are very flawed. 

They are flawed, but they were last year too.  Can Peterman pick the passing game up to a higher level?  That's going to be the question.

I'm no Bills optimist, at least not for 2018. But I'm feeling better about 2020 and on ...

... so why do I come here?

1. Some great news/insight. Nobody gets the info out quicker than 26 Corner Blitz. Some other mainstays - Hapless Bills Fan comes to mind - provide better insight than what you'll find in the print/standard online media. 

2. Entertainment value. Snarky posters, you know who you are. And some of you are really good. (Some not so much. The problem is everyone thinks they're the former.)

3. A sense of a Bills community. I haven't lived in Buffalo since I was a kid. And that's a long time ago. My main connection to Buffalo? The Bills.

Why do I post if it's negative? Well, Cubs and Red Sox fans will understand the idea of following a team even if you spend most of your time complaining about it. It can be fun. Maybe that's part of the community thing too. Cubs fans and Red Sox fans are a whole lot less likable since they became fans of the winners rather than lovable losers. We're still lovable. Most of the time ...

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Just curious, is me saying I think this roster is one of the worst in the NFL me hating the Bills?

I love how everyone is taking my OP completely out of context.  Is you saying this wrong?  No more than me saying I am disappointed in them not bringing more O linemen in this year.  I am referring to those who consistently post negative thoughts on the team, and my simple question is why.  And some have offered an explanation, that it is likely a defense mechanism.  Which I can understand.

Because I ask this question all I get are insults and these kinds of posts about if you say one thing are you a hater.  Of course you are not.  But if all you can post are negatives, then it seems to me you at the very least have a strong dislike of the team, so maybe the word hate was ill advised.  Nevertheless, I find it an intriguing psychological question:  why spend so much time on a message board for a team you purport to be a fan of, only to criticize them at every turn?  Just seems odd to me, and I wonder why.

38 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

But if all you can post are negatives, then it seems to me you at the very least have a strong dislike of the team

A strong dislike of how the team is run is not the same as an actual dislike for the team.  You can't seem to separate the two...  I hate the Dolphins, that's a strong dislike of the actual team.  I don't hate the Bills, it's the team I grew up with.  What I hate is how they have been run, going on decades now...

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

A strong dislike of how the team is run is not the same as an actual dislike for the team.  You can't seem to separate the two...  I hate the Dolphins, that's a strong dislike of the actual team.  I don't hate the Bills, it's the team I grew up with.  What I hate is how they have been run, going on decades now...

good point.

We all love the Bills, we just hate and are tired of sucking. If you grew up in Buffalo, this team is in your bloodline and you can not and will not ever let go. But rooting for them is so hard sometimes when we are continual bottom feeders making horrible decisions for 50 years.

That said, I think we finally have a mostly competent staff. Although some of this years off-season moves have not seemed to work as intended. If they win 7-9 games, this will be a banner year, because it will be a lot to build on with the cap space and draft of 2019.

If we win 6 or less and are not competitive in at least 12 games, if we are less than 3-3 in our division, then this will be a big step backwards with a lot of ground to gain. Losing is hard to take and Bills fans have had their fill.

26 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Seems silly to me to repeat a 'joke' which is as stupid as 'Why did the chicken cross the street'?

But, that's not a joke. Chickens crossing the road is a serious issue.

I didn't know that was a joke?  Because, honestly, it's a real problem. My chickens keep crossing the street and I'm not sure why and don't want them to get hit.  My white leghorn rooster keeps going across the road, and once in a while the RRI's do, too.  They scare me!

That's not funny at all and I should report you!

On 9/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

I don’t think they hate the team. Sadly, I think many use TSW as an outlet for their misery. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 9/1/2018 at 11:13 AM, LABillzFan said:

Seems we have this discussion every year. 

It's not that they hate the Bills. It's that they love saying "I told you so." Their vehicle is to predict failure, the single easiest thing to predict in the NFL. They then cheer for the failure so they can walk around saying "I told you that was a bid pick! I told you we should have fill-in-the-blank-with-something-another-team-did-successfully-that-is-completely-irrelevant-to-what-the-Bills-did."

And then when you call them out on the complete laziness of their position, they call you a fascist. :lol:

Nailed it!!!  

75749243-trophy-cup-with-shadow-icon-gol

On 9/4/2018 at 6:11 AM, AllenWillBust said:

Personally I have been following your posts and you are exactly the type of poster the op is talking about

you don’t have one good thing to say about your supposed fav team and your screen name is a direct insult to one of the players

personally I don’t care whether you stay or go because your mostly the house clown and your opinion means less the. Spit but let’s not act like you don’t know your a troll fan that is exactly what you are

• Thank you (+1) 1

I love them so I am frustrated when they don't look good. The Bills are more than Beane and the Pegulas and the Process. I just want to enjoy the Bills every week every year and hope they don't crap the bed.. all I ask for.

I'm a fan and I hate tanking. So when I see tanking it goes against my grain as a fan to root for every single game feeling like everybody's living for next year. That's not the Fan's job. Hold accountability for your lack of entertainment. Damn proud McDermott made sure we did everything but the narrative tank last year, that's why he's my favorite FO guy by far.. still wary of Beane.

On 9/6/2018 at 3:23 PM, RobbRiddick said:

If you hate your government does that mean you hate your country?

recent events prove you can do far less, and be accused of "hating" the country. then of course you're met with the brilliant and unique retort, "why don't you leave!"

...wait. oh I just realized this thread is basically the same thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 87168 said:

recent events prove you can do far less, and be accused of "hating" the country. then of course you're met with the brilliant and unique retort, "why don't you leave!"

...wait. oh I just realized this thread is basically the same thing.

I find it interesting that the punch bowl pissers are trying to make this a political thing

cimmon sense it is far easier to root for a different team then actually leave the country 

On 9/1/2018 at 11:05 AM, Ittakestime said:

In most football minds out there, he has built the worst roster in the NFL.

The playoffs last year was largely on Whaley's moves.

The guy wasted way too many picks on a QB that just doesn't have the football IQ and then traded even more to draft a LB.

You need to change your user name if you don't realize what is going on. We traded for the QB of the O and D for the future which was a necessity.

Let them develop like all rookies do - It Takes Time

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Maybe after today OP realized why some people were skeptical of the Bills roster, coaching, and GM. That doesn't mean we're not fans. It means we don't have homer binders on. 

Doesn't change at all.  We stunk today.  Still no reason for some posters to do nothing but post negatives.  The question is why.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Doesn't change at all.  We stunk today.  Still no reason for some posters to do nothing but post negatives.  The question is why.

That question has been answered. Get your head out of your ass. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1