If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

Just now, Ittakestime said:

Only the ones with high potential take time.  Time is too valuable to waste on bums.

Can't wait for the Bills to pass on a top QB next year because Allen is here.  Meanwhile Allen will be trash and we had the chance to draft a top guy.

Get over yourself.  You are not Nostradamus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

In most football minds out there, he has built the worst roster in the NFL.

The playoffs last year was largely on Whaley's moves.

The guy wasted way too many picks on a QB that just doesn't have the football IQ and then traded even more to draft a LB.

And this is the kind of utter dumb!@#$ery that makes me question whether or not the Bills have anything remotely resembling an intelligent fanbase.

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

The franchise didn't need rebuilding in player department.  It needed coaching, which we got with McDermott.

Shock. Wrong again. WAY too many overpriced and undertalented people on the roster. Not to mention AGING.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Seems we have this discussion every year. 

It's not that they hate the Bills. It's that they love saying "I told you so." Their vehicle is to predict failure, the single easiest thing to predict in the NFL. They then cheer for the failure so they can walk around saying "I told you that was a bid pick! I told you we should have fill-in-the-blank-with-something-another-team-did-successfully-that-is-completely-irrelevant-to-what-the-Bills-did."

And then when you call them out on the complete laziness of their position, they call you a fascist. :lol:

Well said. For some you wonder which matters more ; enjoying football games or being able to say “ I was right “ ?  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I love discussion but some of what I see is not that

I've watched them since opening day 1960.  Believe me, there have been far worse times.

From one old man fan to another I have to agree with Drdawkins that a lot of Bills fans like complaining better than winning.  Think back to the 90's when the bills were the best in their history.  Remember 'the bickering Bills'?  There was some contention but the media and the fans made that out to be worse than it was.  There were fans that complained Kelly couldn't win enough, so-and-so player(s) and coaches sucked, play calling was bad et cetera et cetera.

I agree that some complains are well deserved but a lot are over the top.  You just have to expect negativity on this message board.

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

We should all be good little obedient boys and love everything the team does or else your fanhood gets questioned!

Didn't somebody say something about fascists earlier?

There is a difference between legitimate debate and critique and mindless drivel

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Like I said above, I don't think it can be taught so "developing" will do nothing in him reading a defense at LOS, quick audibles, sensing pressure, staying calm in the face of a blitz, etc.

What Darnold at LOS and you will see the god given ability.  Processing information in milli secs is a god given talent.

What players do we have under 24 that have huge talents?

White and maybe Edmunds?  Edmunds to me is also a huge question make and I said the same thing at draft.  His play at VT would not scream MLB.  I don't think he should be playing that position.

We had a huge cupboard of all these picks, and we came out with very little.  So frustrating.

Allen has shown good instincts in his preseason play. He’s had mistakes too, they all will. We all have our fave college players, but most times  the stars don’t align and they end up in other NFL cities. The Bills are just one team of 32 , after all. Good news is, all is not lost. NY Jets merch is readily available and you can get tv packages that will allow you to watch Darnold in all his glory every Sunday. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

Those who hate the Bills are better tolerated than those who boost the team.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There is a difference between legitimate debate and critique and mindless drivel

The days of legitimate debate on any form of social media is already dead.

There is no objective thought anymore and there can be only one side to a story, if you don't agree insults are inbound.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

The days of legitimate debate on any form of social media is already dead.

There is no objective thought anymore and there can be only one side to a story, if you don't agree insults are inbound.

Ironic you say this at the same time the country celebrates John McCain

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Stupid post.  GM isn't the team. Coach isn't the team.  An individual player isn't the team.  Losing sucks. Winning is fun.  People complain about performances by employees of the team that the believe will cause the team to lose, or in fact actually caused the team to lose (ie 5 picks in a half )

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Ironic you say this at the same time the country celebrates John McCain

Wouldn't know what the irony in that is, I'm not American and don't follow American politics. All I know about John McCain is that he's some politician with remarkably white hair. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Stupid post.  GM isn't the team. Coach isn't the team.  An individual player isn't the team.  Losing sucks. Winning is fun.  People complain about performances by employees of the team that the believe will cause the team to lose, or in fact actually caused the team to lose (ie 5 picks in a half )

No.  Complaining about actual performances is one thing.  I for example think Ducasse should go.  Complaining about things that haven't even happened because you assume they'll be bad is different.  Such as those already saying Allen will be a bust.  That is being negative just to be negative.

2 minutes ago, downunderbill said:

Wouldn't know what the irony in that is, I'm not American and don't follow American politics. All I know about John McCain is that he's some politician with remarkably white hair. 

McCain enjoyed actual debate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

No.  Complaining about actual performances is one thing.  I for example think Ducasse should go.  Complaining about things that haven't even happened because you assume they'll be bad is different.  Such as those already saying Allen will be a bust.  That is being negative just to be negative.

What can I say. You are wrong. I stand by my statement. The original post is stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

We should all be good little obedient boys and love everything the team does or else your fanhood gets questioned!

Didn't somebody say something about fascists earlier?

Nobody says you have to agree lockstep with the ownership and management, but when your takes are hot garbage, (Not yours in particular) don’t expect the board to blow sunshine up your butt or be angry when it doesn’t happen and double down on your stupidity...

Edited by Fred Clause

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Riddle me  this.  What part of you calling out other peoples fanhood makes you a good fan of the team? 

I think fans support their team and provide criticism when deserved.  There are folks on this board who take every single thing this team does and spin it negatively.  You know it.  I know it.  My question is why.  

I really am am interested in ananswer.  What pleasure dosuch individuals get from that.  More a question of psychology than about the team per se.

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I think fans support their team and provide criticism when deserved.  There are folks on this board who take every single thing this team does and spin it negatively.  You know it.  I know it.  My question is why.  

I really am am interested in ananswer.  What pleasure dosuch individuals get from that.  More a question of psychology than about the team per se.

The psychological drama, is why do you think your superior to other posters. 

There are different types of people. Different personality traits.

There are lemmings

There are sheep

There are those who find comfort in blindly calming their fears and doubts by letting someone else telling them don’t worry, be happy

There are those who prefer to have others think for them and tell them what to think

There are people who prefer to analyze, to think, and decide for themselves

There are leaders and doers, and there are followers

There are those that just prefer to drift through life accepting what happens and what they are told

There are those that believe *&%$ just happens

There are those that believe we can change and affect what happens

There are those that prefer to go through life wearing rose colored glasses

There are those that want you to prove yourself and show them the money

There are those who prefer to believe in the mystical process that is not fully spelled out

There are those that believe trust and faith must be earned by actions, and not just unquestionably granted

There are those who see the world in only black and white

There are those who see the world in infinite shades of grey.

Those on TBD are many variations of the above. Everyone is not the same as you. What you view, and how you view it affects your judgment, as it does theirs.

One man’s weed may be another man’s flower.

That is life.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, simpleman said:

There are different types of people. Different personality traits.

There are lemmings

There are sheep

There are those who find comfort in blindly calming their fears and doubts by letting someone else telling them don’t worry, be happy

There are those who prefer to have others think for them and tell them what to think

There are people who prefer to analyze, to think, and decide for themselves

There are leaders and doers, and there are followers

There are those that just prefer to drift through life accepting what happens and what they are told

There are those that believe *&%$ just happens

There are those that believe we can change and affect what happens

There are those that prefer to go through life wearing rose colored glasses

There are those that want you to prove yourself and show them the money

There are those who prefer to believe in the mystical process that is not fully spelled out

There are those that believe trust and faith must be earned by actions, and not just unquestionably granted

There are those who see the world in only black and white

There are those who see the world in infinite shades of grey.

Those on TBD are many variations of the above. Everyone is not the same as you. What you view, and how you view it affects your judgment, as it does theirs.

One man’s weed may be another man’s flower.

That is life.

Well stated

Just now, Don Beebe said:

I cheered for you while you did. It's been an up and down ride hasn't it?

One of my best times ever at the Rich

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I get what you're saying, OP, but I think most of it is just BBFS - Battered Bills Fan Syndrome.  Nothing good will happen for us, so even a hint of something bad  gets blown over into full travesty.  Note that this is the opposite of PFS-  Pats Fan Syndrome - obnoxious, ignorant, entitled band wagon fans.

Pats Fan Syndrome is a misnomer. Its true medical terminology is “Frontrunner Syndrome,” it just so happens that it’s highest incidence is in New England, though not limited to football. 

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

So you can't answer the question.

I'm not terribly optimistic this year but some of the stuff around here is just bizarre 

Each Sado Masochist Bills fan on tbd has their own way of dealing with the warped twisted burden of being a fan. We know that the offensive line is a tire fire and it frustrates us. You've been here forever like me and should understand how crazy this team makes people. It's like that crazy redhead chick you banged when you were young. You knew she was nuttier than a squirrel turd but you couldn't help yourself.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

...ingrained because New York is a blue state??.....just askin'.........

2 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Seems we have this discussion every year. 

It's not that they hate the Bills. It's that they love saying "I told you so." Their vehicle is to predict failure, the single easiest thing to predict in the NFL. They then cheer for the failure so they can walk around saying "I told you that was a bid pick! I told you we should have fill-in-the-blank-with-something-another-team-did-successfully-that-is-completely-irrelevant-to-what-the-Bills-did."

And then when you call them out on the complete laziness of their position, they call you a fascist. :lol:

Okay name the regular posters you think do this. I don't know who they are. I think most like some things the Bills do and don't like others and they give their opinions on which move is which. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If you don’t love every move the Bills make, GET OUT!!! if you don’t praise everything this country does, THEN MOVE!!!

Not saying they have to get out.  Just asking about their motivation.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Okay name the regular posters you think do this. I don't know who they are. I think most like some things the Bills do and don't like others and they give their opinions on which move is which. 

Ittakestime comes to mind.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Not saying they have to get out.  Just asking about their motivation.

Ittakestime comes to mind.

I used to be a giant homer.  Found many ways to defend guys like Jauron and Trent.  But it’s also k to be skeptical.  The Bills mean so much to be because they represent Buffalo.  But you don’t have to blindly trust everything which some do with the “process.”  Personally, I think their offensive player evalutiion has been terrible.  Still feel like a kid on Christmas when the season starts.

• Like (+1) 1