If you hate the Bills why are you here?

oldmanfan

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, oldmanfan said:

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

Same kind of talk this time last year, and they made the playoffs.

You should issue us posting guidelines and a link to your cell phone. This way we can run our posts by you to make sure they are OK before we click on "submit reply."

After all, you deserve to be an authority figure on TSW.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:08 AM, Rc2catch said:

Too many people watching skip bayless and Steven a smith who think they know football better than the guys being paid millions and millions in the league. 

They “scout” the talent.

They “watch” the tape

They do “mock drafts” non stop

They know footwork and mechanics of quarterbacks better than real nfl scouts. 

And my favorite is the people on here who don’t want to debate or discuss, just flood their opinion as fact and have zero intentions of hearing anyone else’s point of view or any option that does not agree with their opinions. We have a lot of those types of posters on here. 

Couldn't agree more.  For those posting their self important "tape analysis", I wonder how many others read these posts and laugh or roll their eyes like I do.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, oldmanfan said:

There is a difference between legitimate debate and critique and mindless drivel

Just a quick reminder.....the fact that you consider a post to be "mindless drivel" doesn't make it true. Your opinions are just that. they are not all knowing proclamations.

Maybe you should ask yourself if you are a fan hater.

12 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Couldn't agree more.  For those posting their self important "tape analysis", I wonder how many others read these posts and laugh or roll their eyes like I do.

This. I always laugh at the thought of some neckbeard hitting rewind 30 times to watch an OL play.

It. Doesn't. Happen.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:11 AM, oldmanfan said:

Perhaps hate is too strong.  Dislike?

Would you rather have Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott?  Or Harvey Johnson and John Rauch?

^^^

On 9/1/2018 at 12:02 PM, oldmanfan said:

I think fans support their team and provide criticism when deserved.  There are folks on this board who take every single thing this team does and spin it negatively.  You know it.  I know it.  My question is why.  

I really am am interested in ananswer.  What pleasure dosuch individuals get from that.  More a question of psychology than about the team per se.

Why am I critical of McDermott/Beane?  It's very simple:  I don't set the bar on my tolerance for Bills' FO incompetence so low that I compare them to a player personnel "guru" who was a notorious drunk and a HC who tried to turn OJ Simpson into a slotback.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You should issue us posting guidelines and a link to your cell phone. This way we can run our posts by you to make sure they are OK before we click on "submit reply."

After all, you deserve to be an authority figure on TSW.

Nice way of not answering the question.  If all one can offer are negative comments, then the question is why.  What does one get out of doing so?

On 9/1/2018 at 10:47 AM, TheTruthHurts said:

This year is this year. I can hate the Bills this year because next year is different. That's how it works. Just like how I can dislike Brandon Beane because he'll be gone in 2 years. 

Bills are forever. Players, coaches, and GMs are temporary. 

The truth hurts!

58 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Nice way of not answering the question.  If all one can offer are negative comments, then the question is why.  What does one get out of doing so?

Why are you talking in absolutes?

There is one particular poster who constantly complains about Bills Fans. I don't agree with him but this is not ALL he posts. Many of his "other" posts are (imo) intelligent and well thought. As for the fan attacks, that's up to him, no? I will take him to task once in a while but he is certainly free to post things that I don't necessarily like, isn't he?

I think the Bills will not play well this season because the OL appears to really suck. One qb is a rookie, the other might be the worst in history. Perhaps even worse than Van Pelt.  The basis I use for this opinion is that I have been down this road for decades. I have seen what the Bills historically do and do not concentrate much on.

On the other hand, I overwhelmingly support the Josh Allen selection.

Does the above meet standards?

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Why are you talking in absolutes?

There is one particular poster who constantly complains about Bills Fans. I don't agree with him but this is not ALL he posts. Many of his "other" posts are (imo) intelligent and well thought. As for the fan attacks, that's up to him, no? I will take him to task once in a while but he is certainly free to post things that I don't necessarily like, isn't he?

I think the Bills will not play well this season because the OL appears to really suck. One qb is a rookie, the other might be the worst in history. Perhaps even worse than Van Pelt.  The basis I use for this opinion is that I have been down this road for decades. I have seen what the Bills historically do and do not concentrate much on.

On the other hand, I overwhelmingly support the Josh Allen selection.

Does the above meet standards?

I am not saying there should be censorship of negative posts.  I am asking what the motivation is for doing so, when there are posters who specialize in such.  

I happen to to agree with your thoughts on the O line.  I disagree about comparing the current GM and HC to what has been done for decades; it is comparing apples and oranges.

Such dialog seems much more reasonable than just spewing negativity about anything and everything.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I am not saying there should be censorship of negative posts.  I am asking what the motivation is for doing so, when there are posters who specialize in such.  

I happen to to agree with your thoughts on the O line.  I disagree about comparing the current GM and HC to what has been done for decades; it is comparing apples and oranges.

Well, McDermott passed on 2 promising QBs (to include Deshaun Watson), traded back and took a corner. True, he did get some future picks but my point remains clear.

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You all know what I'm talking about.  There are some posters who do nothing but post negatives.  Why?

You should ask them why. Most people will provide you with their reasoning.  

Edited by Dr.Sack

So this morning there's all this talk about how the GM is horrible because he didn't trade for Mack, how we'll stink this year, about how a rookie WB who has yet to play an actual game is a bust.  And on and on.

So my simple question is whay are you here if you hate this team so much?  Do you take some kind of weird pleasure in trying to bring others down?  Is it some kind of bizarre self-defense mechanism?  What?

LOL sounds like a deplorable saying, 'Merica, love it or leave it! 

A person can love the Bills and still criticize the GM's decisions. 

• Like (+1) 2

This year is this year. I can hate the Bills this year because next year is different. That's how it works. Just like how I can dislike Brandon Beane because he'll be gone in 2 years. 

Bills are forever. Players, coaches, and GMs are temporary. 

That's the !@#$ing truth. These people criticize those who criticize the Bills, then **** on the guys who they mindlessly followed. The only thing that has remained the same is that we're still here. No one else is. Not even the owner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

These are many of the pieces of the final product and it is not positive.

I'm a huge believer in football IQ is a god given ability.  It can't be taught.  When push comes to shove, everyone goes back to their instincts.  Allen has never had good football instincts.

pure genius.

<_<

Nobody says you have to agree lockstep with the ownership and management, but when your takes are hot garbage, (Not yours in particular) don’t expect the board to blow sunshine up your butt or be angry when it doesn’t happen and double down on your stupidity...

Takes being "garbage" is subjective. People got so upset when I said AJ McCarron is an afterthought here. I constantly reminded people that Trent gets hurt and constantly got flamed. He's barely practiced since we got him. 

The point is disagreeing with management gets you blasted here and that's pretty dumb. All of this draws back to the luckiest 4th and forever that a different team converted. 

• Like (+1) 2

Oh, please. 

It's completely and totally reasonable for a Bills fan to think the GM is horrible and that we'll stink this year. Completely and totally reasonable to think the opposite too.

Yours is an utterly ridiculous question. Yes, there are a few trolls here. Everyone else loves the Bills, even if they have doubts about their current direction.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh, please. 

It's completely and totally reasonable for a Bills fan to think the GM is horrible and that we'll stink this year. Completely and totally reasonable to think the opposite too.

Yours is an utterly ridiculous question. Yes, there are a few trolls here. Everyone else loves the Bills, even if they have doubts about their current direction.

As usual you completely misinterpret the question.  My question is one of motivation.  What motivates a fan of a team to want to be so negative?  Is it a defense mechanism?  What is it?

As usual you completely misinterpret the question.  My question is one of motivation.  What motivates a fan of a team to want to be so negative?  Is it a defense mechanism?  What is it?

I didn't misinterpret your question. You're a troll, and you were trolling.

It's quite clear. I was addressing others in the thread who were worth talking to.

"If you hate the Bills ..." is extremely clear, it's simply a dumb prologue to a thread title on here. Isn't it, Bills Fans. 'Nuff said, don't need to feed this guy.

I didn't misinterpret your question. You're a troll, and you were trolling.

It's quite clear. I was addressing others in the thread who were worth talking to.

"If you hate the Bills ..." is extremely clear, it's simply a dumb prologue to a thread title on here. Isn't it, Bills Fans. 'Nuff said, don't need to feed this guy.

It is an honest question, and like many here when I don't like decisions I voice it.  Like Ducasse.  That is different than those who continually look for the negative in everything with the team.  I wonder why.  I also could have, and maybe should have, written a similar thread about those who think the Bills are unicorns and rainbows despite obvious flaws.  In that case their love for team clouds rational judgment.  But when negative all the time?  Why would you want to be like that?

You and I have gone at it since BBMB days because I call out your false sense of intellectual superiority.  And do it is again here.

Someone above who actually addressed the issue suggested it is a defense mechanism for some fans.  Sounds about right.

Nobody wants to be negative, but you're not really making a point here. People aren't being negative or critical of a team that just went 12-4 with a proven franchise qb.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't hate the Bills, the football team; I do often question the whole deal with some vehemence.  You may choose to interpret that as "hate."  I had season tickets for over a decade when I lived in the area and I still watch every game.  My beef is not with the players as a group, it's with the administration of the team and with the NFL in general.   Tell me of another business, or general category of businesses, that can continually offer for sale a mediocre to just plain bad product [team] yet continually build new plants [stadia] raise prices for the product [tickets] and still do sell out business [crowds].  How many of us would repeatedly buy sour milk because it was bottled in [ insert name of NFL franchise city here ]?

Edited by Keukasmallies
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/1/2018 at 11:02 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

May I ask why you hate Beane?  What has he done exactly to make you feel this way?

He has spent his brief tenure here cleaning up the raging dumpster fire left by the past regime.  We have potentially drafted our QB of the future, and the Bills have the 2nd most cap space next season.  Seems to me like he’s doing a pretty good job.

Oh, and he was the GM that broke that damn playoff curse. I can’t believe people have already forgotten that little tidbit. 

39 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

I don't hate the Bills, the football team; I do often question the whole deal with some vehemence.  You may choose to interpret that as "hate."  I had season tickets for over a decade when I lived in the area and I still watch every game.  My beef is not with the players as a group, it's with the administration of the team and with the NFL in general.   Tell me of another business, or general category of businesses, that can continually offer for sale a mediocre to just plain bad product [team] yet continually build new plants [stadia] raise prices for the product [tickets] and still do sell out business [crowds].  How many of us would repeatedly buy sour milk because it was bottled in [ insert name of NFL franchise city here ]?

And yet you watch every Bills game. Bottom line is the NFL is entertainment. It’s different from most business , especially ones selling goods rather than the various things the NFL is selling. The players as a group should not get a free pass. They’ve done a lot to negatively affect the quality of the finished product by fighting for things such as free agency, a restrictive CBA that limits practice time etc. That has made the job of an NFL front office that much more difficult. The NFL decision makers have certainly contributed as well, making the game more and more QB centric. This has definitely had a negative effect on the quality of the product too. It’s still easily the most popular sport in the USA, and still TV ratings gold in an era of declining TV viewership across the board. If people stop watching, the money will go away and then things would change. I wouldn’t bet on that happening. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

On 9/1/2018 at 11:10 AM, vorpma said:

Man, if they only knew - I know where you are coming from oldmanfan!

ah, yes. The Great Threads we would have had..

Darragh or Shaw?

Kemp’s never been good. Shoulda kept Daryl!

We suck so bad, we get Simpson. He’ll be spoken of in the highest of terms for decades to come!

Brisco? Harris? Are we so bad that we’re considering Black QB’s?

Moses sucks! Way to Draft, Harvey!

Who's better? Cowlings or Patulski?

-and my favorite: Who’s this sawed off little WR from USC? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

I see you joined 10 years ago but still only have a couple thousand posts.  However, after reading your post, it all makes sense.

Your comments seem thoughtful, well reasoned, don't include any obvious spelling errors, and you've even included the proper Latin plural for "stadium" which I thought was a nice touch and appreciated.

You don't really fit in around here.  I fully understand the restraint in your posting behavior.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

ah, yes. The Great Threads we would have had..

Darragh or Shaw?

Kemp’s never been good. Shoulda kept Daryl!

We suck so bad, we get Simpson. He’ll be spoken of in the highest of terms for decades to come!

Brisco? Harris? Are we so bad that we’re considering Black QB’s?

Moses sucks! Way to Draft, Harvey!

Who's better? Cowlings or Patulski?

-and my favorite: Who’s this sawed off little WR from USC? 

The Don Shula hate threads would be epic.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, purple haze said:

Pre Season is meaningless one way or the other from a team perspective.   Very few teams know what they'll be based on those games.  I don't know if you were around for the super bowl years, but if you were in sure you recall the horrid pre season performances and the meltdowns that followed on radio post game shows.

They ain't the Super Bowl teams level of  good by far, but I suspect the current Bills will be about the same as they were last season. Average with a chance to sneak in the playoffs.

I definitely was around for the great years, but at least they had the talent to prospectively be a good team. I get what you're saying. but IMO they needed to build on last year and take that next step forward but they didn't. This roster regressed from last year, they are very flawed. 

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Such dialog seems much more reasonable than just spewing negativity about anything and everything.

No, you are not, but you are trying to stifle real discussion by continually questioning the fanhood of posters who are critical of the how the team is run ... and that's defacto censorship.   Your view of "reasonable dialog" is all posters praising the Pegulas, McDermott, and Beane as saviors, and anybody else keeping their views to themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1