Tyrod Taylor turning heads in Cleveland.

PIZ

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So you had a ridiculously ****ty take and now want to point on that there is more to life than takes?   Well no ****!:lol:

There is also a point where you just don't say stupid **** on here in the first place.   That was one of those points.    Just helping educate you on how a message board works.  

This board is about entertainment.......just like the game we watch is supposed to be.........and I find it entertaining that you were prancing like a fancy boy in this thread and now you are getting all upset and philosophical.   U mad bro'? :lol::beer:    

mad?

you give yourself way too much credit kid, way too much. what are you obsessed with me or something? you need a better hobby because you really suck at trying to insult someone and look like a complete idiot while doing so but I'm sure you already know you're an idiot.

20 hours ago, The Red King said:

Where did I say I hated him?  Reread my replies in this thread.  He is the baseline for average and was a good fit for the team until they finally outgrew him last season.  I'm grateful to him for his contributions to the team, but the Bills finally need more out of the QB position then he can provide.  I have stated I think the trade will work out for the best for both teams and TT.  I've also noted that I think he will do good things for Cleveland.  Just because I don't think he is a playoff calibur QB does not mean I hate the guy.

...and by your logic Dilfer is an elite QB, because he was the QB of a Super Bowl Champion.  Same with Foles.  Again, logic doesn't work that way.

With your logic you don’t want a SB win unless the QB is elite.  Enjoy next season. 

On 4/19/2018 at 5:42 PM, No Place To Hyde said:

Leadership. Work ethic. Being well dressed (or so they say). 

Literally all he brings to the table. Eventually they will actually play football. They will see he doesn't move an offense. Holds the ball too long. Plays way too conservative. And they will yell and scream to play the rookie.

They need someone who protects the football. They draft like they are expected to he is a place holder for a year while te d gets better and then in 2019 watch out they are going challenge in the North, which will start to suck as Big Ben will retire after this year. 

30 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They need someone who protects the football. They draft like they are expected to he is a place holder for a year while te d gets better and then in 2019 watch out they are going challenge in the North, which will start to suck as Big Ben will retire after this year. 

I totally get that, even said so in a post above. He's a good get for a team that needs SOMETHING safe at the position. He's no longer term answer and he needs a lot of help from a strong defense and a strong running game. But he's a nice football player.

23 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

So Cam Newton and Joe Flacco are also bottom 5 QB's. While Jameis Winston and Goff are clearly top 5. No chance that the type of offense has any impact..

Not saying Tyrod is the best passing QB in the league. But some of the stats used like this do not mean anything. Put him in a different offense and his passing yards go up. Give him different receivers and his yards go up. 

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Not saying Tyrod is the best passing QB in the league. But some of the stats used like this do not mean anything. Put him in a different offense and his passing yards go up. Give him different receivers and his yards go up. 

Wishful opinion < 3 years of struggling as a passer 

He’s the Browns problem now.     Good riddance. 

Edited by Teddy KGB

5 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

With your logic you don’t want a SB win unless the QB is elite.  Enjoy next season. 

Um...what?  I honestly have no idea what you're talking about now.  Really, I don't.

I cheered for the Bills last year.  I'll cheer for them this year, like I have every year since I was a kid.  I would take a SB win with anyone under center.  That has absolutely nothing to do with your assertion that TT is a great QB simply because (going by your past replies), he was on the first Bills team to make the playoffs this century and QB is the most important position...and nothing more.  An assertion I blew out of the water by pointing out that teams have not only made the playoffs, but even won the Super Bowl with mediocre QBs.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:16 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Yes, Tyrod apologists it was a joke.  It’s not my fault you failed to see it.  

The Tyrod love / hate cuts both ways.  

I hope you enjoyed your Alternate truth.  

I dunno. Seems to me fiery implacable hatred has to be more exhausting than an overly generous regard. 

More wearing to the spirit, ya know?

On 4/22/2018 at 12:59 PM, Teddy KGB said:

Or 16th, a smidge below Matt Ryan and right above Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, and Derek Carr.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Of course that's if you're sensible enough to judge a passer by anything more than the number of passing attempts called. Yeah; it's amazing there are people who lack even that much common sense, but that's the world we find ourselves in. Speaking of which : Imagine if Taylor found himself with anything like the offensive weapons Matt Ryan, Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, and Derek Carr all have ?!? 

Probably would have been closer to the below. Before the Bills dumped Hogan, dumped Woods, dumped Gillisilee, gave up on Percy & Karlos, dumped Goodwin, scared away Boldin, dumped Watkins, and screwed-up a league-leading running game by useless scheme change.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2015

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, grb said:

Or 16th, a smidge below Matt Ryan and right above Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, and Derek Carr.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Of course that's if you're sensible enough to judge a passer by anything more than the number of passing attempts called. Yeah; it's amazing there are people who lack even that much common sense, but that's the world we find ourselves in. Speaking of which : Imagine if Taylor found himself with anything like the offensive weapons Matt Ryan, Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, and Derek Carr all have ?!? 

Probably would have been closer to the below. Before the Bills dumped Hogan, dumped Woods, dumped Gillisilee, gave up on Percy & Karlos, dumped Goodwin, scared away Boldin, dumped Watkins, and screwed-up a league-leading running game by useless scheme change.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/year/2015

Drop the fanboy routine please 

You saw the Jags game right ? 

If not you saw the Saints, Bengals, Pats, Panthers game I hope. 

He is the poor man’s Alex Smith. Beane was smart enough to get that dead weight out the door.  

Enjoy your Browns games.      The cot won’t even die by the hands of Bortles and Tt’s 20

incompletions ☠️??

ps “scared away Boldin” 

hahahahahaha.     You’re on one bud ?

Edited by Teddy KGB

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:55 AM, reddogblitz said:

QBs  are like presidents. When things go welll, they get all the credit. When they go bad, he gets all the blame.  That's why they make the big bucks.

Except for Trump. He gets blamed no matter what happens.

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Except for Trump. He gets blamed no matter what happens.

Imagine if he won the bid on the Bills back when that was a terrifying possibility.  I'm guessing he'd have built a domed stadium and made the NFC pay for it.  :P

On 4/23/2018 at 1:58 PM, The Red King said:

Um...what?  I honestly have no idea what you're talking about now.  Really, I don't.

I cheered for the Bills last year.  I'll cheer for them this year, like I have every year since I was a kid.  I would take a SB win with anyone under center.  That has absolutely nothing to do with your assertion that TT is a great QB simply because (going by your past replies), he was on the first Bills team to make the playoffs this century and QB is the most important position...and nothing more.  An assertion I blew out of the water by pointing out that teams have not only made the playoffs, but even won the Super Bowl with mediocre QBs.

Where did I say TT was a great QB.  Please stop w your nonsense. 

On 4/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, PIZ said:

Part of Beane's master plan. Get Cleveland to think Tyrod is the guy for a few years, paving the way for Buffalo to trade up to #1.

He is turning heads in Cleveland in the “NO” motion. Ie “No” we did not just give up the 1st pick in the 3rd round for this did we??

After seeing how little we added to the offense, unless we add some major production prior to start of the year we are poised to have one of the most talent depleted offenses in football. If you asked me my preference between AJ and Tyrod I would say AJ, but that's only if he has play makers around him. Tyrod can't take advantage of play makers as much AJ can, but the reality is, we have nobody outside of McCoy. AJ holds the ball like Taylor, high sack rates, little mobility, much more turnover prone. What Tyrod can do is generate yards on his own. He helped mask the offensive line issues. He didn't commit turnovers. I'm certainly not arguing at all that an upgrade was required over Taylor. I just just think with this current roster Taylor would have given us a better chance to win games.    

Edited by KzooMike
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

As much as I like Tyrod, the decision to move him was the right decision. Don't forget we moved him for a  pick that was used to snatch Allen (who I DID NOT WANT but he is a Bill now so Im rooting for him of course).

Tyrod showed he can only get us so far. As long as the drought lasted, that doesnt mean we should accept a QB that can only get us to the playoffs and most likely second round at best. We have to swing for the fences because a Superbowl is and always will be the goal. What good is it being the Bengals, a team that can make the playoffs often but never go anywhere after that? No thanks. Lets aim for a QB that can carry the team when needed. Tyrod wan't that. Allen or AJ may not either...we will find out and move on if they aren't. 

Speaking of moving on...Tyrod is now a Brown. You should move on too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

After seeing how little we added to the offense, unless we add some major production prior to start of the year we are poised to have one of the most talent depleted offenses in football. If you asked me my preference between AJ and Tyrod I would say AJ, but that's only if he has play makers around him. Tyrod can't take advantage of play makers as much AJ can, but the reality is, we have nobody outside of McCoy. AJ holds the ball like Taylor, high sack rates, little mobility, much more turnover prone. What Tyrod can do is generate yards on his own. He helped mask the offensive line issues. He didn't commit turnovers. I'm certainly not arguing at all that an upgrade was required over Taylor. I just just think with this current roster Taylor would have given us a better chance to win games.    

just another sour we did not draft Rosen post. 

We get it you don’t like Rosen. 

2 hours ago, KzooMike said:

get

over

it

It's amusing to see all these fans think this team is going to make a jump from last year and improve. Not happening!!! This team is in rebuild mode and won't be ready to play for championships any sooner than 2019. Why would you pay Tyrod Taylor all that money just to go 7-9/8-8 like they always do? Saving the money and letting this process work is the right move. Buffalo is finally out of cap hell next year yet so many of you want to complain. If any of you think any of these moves made in the last 12 months are to win now....you don't get it.

3 hours ago, KzooMike said:

Until teams came to the realization that all you had to do to stop him was put a spy on him every play.  He couldn't read the defense to throw it into the windows and he could no longer scramble.  Game over.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloTX said:

It's amusing to see all these fans think this team is going to make a jump from last year and improve. Not happening!!! This team is in rebuild mode and won't be ready to play for championships any sooner than 2019. Why would you pay Tyrod Taylor all that money just to go 7-9/8-8 like they always do? Saving the money and letting this process work is the right move. Buffalo is finally out of cap hell next year yet so many of you want to complain. If any of you think any of these moves made in the last 12 months are to win now....you don't get it.

I'm not sure they couldn't be pretty good this year.  AJ easily matches TT's lousy passing stats ..  Dion Dawkins easily replaced Glenn and will only be better this year.    WRs will be healthy after playing hurt all last year.   Shady will be Shady.   Clay, Clay.   AJ will get them the damn ball for once.  Daboll 100x better than Rico.   Great locker room full of character guys now that the bad eggs and big contracts are gone.  Shaq is back.   3-4 starters coming out of the draft (excellent draft) .  Groy slides in at center no prob.  Miller will be back at guard ,back from Rico-imposed  hell.  odds are Incognito comes back once his head clears. 

I don't see a dropoff at all on paper, before the injuries happen, which can blow everything up for any team.   Loving The Process.   finally, guys at OBD that know how to build a football team.  hallelujah

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Why? So he can throw for 56 yards in 4 quarters of football again?

I was there Brees and the Saints schooled us.

That was the beginning of the end for TT.

• Like (+1) 1

Taylor finished top three in the league in sacks, yet played behind arguably one of the highest rated lines in the league last year. For being T Mobile, all we saw was an athlete with a pretty deep ball who cant read a defense.

Say what you want about the plays Tyrod makes with his feet, but teams knew once they made him become an actual QB he was utterly awful.

Moreover, Tyrod is no longer here so press on.

I love the assets we got for that stiff.................

3rd round pick was a gift thank you Browns.

Traded that with 22 for 16 and got Edmunds and a 5th which Turned into G Wyatt Teller.

Good Luck in Cleveland TT.

• Like (+1) 1