Tyrod Taylor turning heads in Cleveland.

PIZ

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I don't recall the expression "turning heads" being used for football players much if at all. Maybe I just missed it.

not that there's anything wrong with that....

• Haha (+1) 1

I really dont know why people are still taking swipes at TT

He really was not the problem while he was here.....he just by himself could not be the solution and fans are looking for that.

We won games with him....he was the best QB we have had since Kelly.....yes we need better and that is why we got a 3rd rounder for him while we could and moved on in a QB draft.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

There you go assuming again. 

And there you go with your "old faithful" retort of "oh, you have a different opinion, you clearly don't know anything". 

Have a great day fella. You just keep being you!

Your different opinion is that a qb who was above average for this franchise was below average. And finding a qb who is above average isn't easy. Tyrod is arguably the best QB the franchise has had since Kelly, although arguments can be made for Bledsoe or Flutie during stretches (maybe Fitz, if you ignore his intermediate and deep accuracy problems).So, to keep complaining about him after he's gone is going to rub some the wrong way.

Edited by MURPHD6

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really dont know why people are still taking swipes at TT

He really was not the problem while he was here.....he just by himself could not be the solution and fans are looking for that.

We won games with him....he was the best QB we have had since Kelly.....yes we need better and that is why we got a 3rd rounder for him while we could and moved on in a QB draft.

Good guy, but he wasn’t getting it done. Time to move on.

30 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Your different opinion is that a qb who was above average for this franchise was below average. And you want to keep reiterating it even after he is gone. Its not a good look, at all.

No my opinion is he is below average as a starter. Average being somewhere around 16th best starter in the NFL. That's what's different. Yours is he wasn't. You're entitled to think whatever you want about him. Doesn't make it a fact. Likely just means we view different traits valuable in a starting QB.

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

With the weapons Tyrod has, I expect to see more of the 2015 version of Tyrod than 2017.

It'll depend entirely on what sort of game plan Haley puts in.

Haley is an interesting guy, no doubt.  In the mixed bag sense of the quip "may you live in Interesting times".

He did well as OC in AZ with Kurt Warner. 

He got a big head as HC in KC, and did very poorly with Matt Cassel when he fired Gailey and tried to be both HC and OC; Charlie Weis got them a winning season with Cassel

He did well most of the time in Pitt with Big Ben after they got through some initial head-butting, but apparently by the time he left Roethlisburger was "don't let the door hitcha"

So far Haley has shown he can produce good offense with 2 different HOF QBs at his disposal, guys who were good before him.  He's failed to work smoothly with the mediocre Matt Cassel.

Does he know people are saying that and this is is chance to show he can develop a guy and elevate a team instead of being adequate when given great players?

Surely, Yes.

Will he be able to do so?

??

TT's supporters will say that he does not lose games for you.  His detracters will say he does not win games for you.  Both are absolutely correct.  He elevates bad teams and drags good teams down.  He is the baseline, absolute zero, a black hole sitting at 8-8 exerting gravity on all teams above and below, and so was a perfect fit for Buffalo until last season and a perfect fit for Cleveland this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Most of his detractors on this board had awful and lazy takes when it came to Tyrod.

He can be a very solid piece in an offense that takes advantage of his strengths and has some legitimate recieving threats. We've seen it already. 

I agree with everything you said. He was mishandled by the OC and the ill-fitting system he had to play under. He also had one of the worst receiving corps to work  with. However, even while acknowledging the challenges he had to deal with as a franchise qb he simply isn't good enough for an organization that has high aspirations. 

Does anyone doubt that even after Cleveland's acquisition of him that they are going to use their first pick on a qb? Taylor is a fine fellow; at best he is a bridge qb. I wish him the best at Cleveland. 

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

TT's supporters will say that he does not lose games for you.  His detracters will say he does not win games for you.  Both are absolutely correct.  He elevates bad teams and drags good teams down.  He is the baseline, absolute zero, a black hole sitting at 8-8 exerting gravity on all teams above and below, and so was a perfect fit for Buffalo until last season and a perfect fit for Cleveland this one.

so true....Tyrod will always be a play it safe .500 qb with an 89 rating.

7 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Tyrod won’t lose Cleveland games and that alone will get them 6-7 wins. If that defense can get a couple more playmakers look out

He wont lose games vs Blake Bortles either

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Tyrod Taylor is a good starting NFL QB. Simple as that. He will stabilize QB for the Browns until they find someone better. The Bills decided to destabilize QB to try to find someone better. Most likely it will cost Beane and McDermott their jobs because stability at QB is probably the hardest thing to find. 

Good isn’t appropriate.   Rivers is good, Tyrod is in the next tier below 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Most of his detractors on this board had awful and lazy takes when it came to Tyrod.

He can be a very solid piece in an offense that takes advantage of his strengths and has some legitimate recieving threats. We've seen it already. 

Solid piece of dung.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

I will have to see it to believe it. I'm skeptical. I didn't see him elevate the Bills enough to think he can elevate the Browns. He had some good games and games like the Panthers and Jaguars games when the offense was shut down completely. 

I can agree it's a safe move for the Browns because he's a safe bet and brings stability. I just can't see him actually ever leading an offence to 21+ points more often then not.

My point being when a team shuts Tyrod down you can pretty much bet on it being for the rest of the game. He doesn't have the ability to throw in a curve ball and have defense guessing. He's not going to make enough plays to turn things around and back a defense up. 

It might be interesting for the Browns if they can jump out to a lead early in a  game and hope your defense can keep a game locked down. It won't be interesting if the offense is shut down and you know it's for the rest of the game and it doesn't matter if the Defense hold the other team to 9 or 10 point. If the defense played bad and your down 21+ points you already know the games over by then. Tyrod isn't leading the Browns to many come backs. 

Now factor in that Tyrod will be the QB of a team that didn't win a single game last season and I would not put the odds in his favor. 

Edited by Lfod

19 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Hmm, Alabama produced Joe Namath, Bart Starr and Ken Stabler.

I don’t have a time machine, those are my grandpa’s favorite QBs.  

19 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Oh. You mean like Ben Roethlisberger did last year, right? 

17-37 130 yards, keep it moving pal.  

Find a a new friend 

22 hours ago, PIZ said:

Part of Beane's master plan. Get Cleveland to think Tyrod is the guy for a few years, paving the way for Buffalo to trade up to #1.

People can laugh all they want but there is a solid possibility the Browns could have a better record than us in 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

And just like Kubiak and he stubbornly did with an all time great QB, Dennison wrapped around Tyrod the worst possible offense for his strengths and weaknesses even further marginalizing him.

It was criminal negligence.  Casual observers off the street saw the misfit between his brand of WCO and Tyrod before the season started 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And just like Kubiak and he stubbornly did with an all time great QB, Dennison wrapped around Tyrod the worst possible offense for his strengths and weaknesses even further marginalizing him.

It was criminal negligence.  Casual observers off the street saw the misfit between his brand of WCO and Tyrod before the season started 

Making a Qb throw passes is a tough ask 

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Browns are going to game plan for Taylor's strengths and surround him with talent. And the media will talk about what a Billsy move trading him was.

What week does he get benched though ? 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Browns are going to game plan for Taylor's strengths and surround him with talent. And the media will talk about what a Billsy move trading him was.

We rarely agree but on this we do.

Tyrod isn't a franchise QB but he's a catalyst when surrounded by receivers that can get open.......and especially get open deep.  

He played the keep-away game here because that's what he could do within the talent and scheme constraints of the offense.

Probably the most under-appreciated Bills player ever.    Took a lot of heat for bad coaching and bad personnel decisions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

And you would know this because he played on which good team, exactly? Did I miss something in the last three years, where Buffalo had a "good team"?

Last season.  Last season was the turning point where he stopped elevating the Bills, and started dragging them down.  The JAX game was a wonderful microcosm of TT.  The D holds JAX to 10 points, a Jags team that goes on to score 45 on the road at Pitt and 20 at NE...and we lose, scoring just 3.  That is a good team dragged down by medicore QB play that was quite simply not good enough.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Last season.  Last season was the turning point where he stopped elevating the Bills, and started dragging them down.  The JAX game was a wonderful microcosm of TT.  The D holds JAX to 10 points, a Jags team that goes on to score 45 on the road at Pitt and 20 at NE...and we lose, scoring just 3.  That is a good team dragged down by medicore QB play that was quite simply not good enough.

Excuse me? Last year ... you mean the year where the team divested itself of its #2 WR? Then when that wasn't enough, we traded away the #2 WR? That we decided it was okay to work with walk-ons at WR? That it went forward with an offensive line that couldn't get out of it's own way? When they put into place an OC so inept that the team was badly - historically - outcoached at the start of each and every second half? 

Tyrod Taylor held back the offensive unit of the Buffalo Bills in 2017?

Wow. OK. Hey, it's America and I think freedom of thought is a pretty good thing. Cheers and welcome the sun on Friday night my friend.

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

17-37 130 yards, keep it moving pal.  

Find a a new friend 

Yeah, wrong on both counts. You bring zero to the table, and it's easy enough to show you are an idiot.

F off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Yeah, wrong on both counts. You bring zero to the table, and it's easy enough to show you are an idiot.

F off.

Buy some glasses chief.     Tyrod like really really sucks 

You saw the Panthers, Bengals, Saints, Pats, and Jags games.     

Bobby Boucher or Uncle Rico could have helped this team more than sorry ass Tyrod.   

Enjoy the Browns games bro. 

compared to the QB's they have had over the year I bet he is turning heads... till he gets on the field and..

takes to long to throw and...

cant see players in middle of field and...

have games where he throws under 100 yards...

yea you know the story right?

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Excuse me? Last year ... you mean the year where the team divested itself of its #2 WR? Then when that wasn't enough, we traded away the #2 WR? That we decided it was okay to work with walk-ons at WR? That it went forward with an offensive line that couldn't get out of it's own way? When they put into place an OC so inept that the team was badly - historically - outcoached at the start of each and every second half? 

Tyrod Taylor held back the offensive unit of the Buffalo Bills in 2017?

Wow. OK. Hey, it's America and I think freedom of thought is a pretty good thing. Cheers and welcome the sun on Friday night my friend.

Bad receivers mean receivers that cannot get open as often.  If Tyrod was regularly throwing accurate passes to our reeievers...hell, if he even threw to them when they were open...but they were not open much, then that's on the receivers.  If passes were dropped or picked off because the receivers didn't get separation, then that would be the recievers' fault.  Not even throwing to receivers that were indeed open is on TT.  Underthrowing open receivers is on TT.  Throwing erratically at anything beyond check-down range is on TT.  Worse, his unwillingness and inability to even attempt throwing mid to deep range passes allowed opposing teams to put eleven players, a couple cheerleaders and an assistant coach in the box, creating a brick wall for Shady to run into.  So yes, he brought the offensive unit down in 2017.

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Bama qb’s = ? 

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Hmm, Alabama produced Joe Namath, Bart Starr and Ken Stabler.

Conclusion: Teddy KGB has ? for brains.

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If I understand the expression that is because the media are so "Billsy".

Can please stop using that expression unless you are a troll?

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Agree completely on this and shows that Coach McD needs a true partner on offense.

Lynn as a better OC than anyone he has chosen so far.

• Like (+1) 1