Baker Mayfield's arrest footage

#34fan

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

Especially on a Monday or Thursday night game if we were to hrad into OT. That puts the game finishing up close to last call. 

Another thing to worry about is the hamstring factor since drinking causes hamstring pulls and all. 

From a medical standpoint, you also have to take look at the left hip... Concrete walls don't have a whole lot of 'give'... Could there be some lingering issue his camp is sitting on?

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You mean you didn't love the ass shots? I spent a lot of time admiring the buttocks. 

Poor kid's buns were an absolute hit on this board...  I admired his ability to get off the jam his brother initiated at the LOS. -The blood-smeared hallway, I honestly could have done without.

Edited by #34fan

In full disclosure (not the Zay Jones type) I am not a fan of Mayfield on the field as I think his incredible Offensive line provided him far more time and room in the pocket to throw than he'll ever get in the NFL. Additionally, I have questions about the scheme. However, as I've also said, I would support any QB the Bills Draft since I am, after all, a Bills fan. 

With that in mind, I do think Baker presents himself as an entitled little piss-ant who reminds me of the QB whose father is the coach and feels he can do whatever he likes simply because, "My Daddy is the ball coach!"....also, it should be said, that while drunk certainly impairs your decision making, it's not like it "makes" you do the things you do, you simply lose the inhibition and ability to think clearly. So, when the wife says, "I was drunk, that's why I had the the threesome with your brother and neighbor's wife", thaaaaaat's not really accurate. What it means, is she wanted to all along, but the opportunity didn't present itself while her decision making ability was impaired. 

Baker ran because he wanted to avoid consequences, right? I mean Duh?! But, also running indicates guilt and it indicates an awareness that he was caught and didn't own it....when you put that with the flag and crotch incident ON the field, which is far more the concern than most things off of it, it paints the picture of a young man who has not quite found a way to channel that chip on his shoulder to focused energy. Does that mean he can't be successful? Of course not....he's still young and a little bit of a brat....but, with some maturity, a mentor, solid boundaries established by the coaching staff, and an internal desire to grow the f up and be a grown man about his business - he could be fantastic. Some of the best stories come from the worst disasters....he has a story right now, but how's it going to end? Well....he's the author, so we'll find out.

• Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Looks to me like a kid who got too drunk and made a mistake.  He didn't assault anyone, he didn't put his hands on a woman, no sexual assault.  He didn't get in a car and drive while he was drunk, wasn't aggressive with the cops, not too bad really.  Made a mistake when he was drunk that didn't hurt anybody but himself.  This arrest means little to me.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

I really do think that there is a strong possibility that Mayfield slides on draft day -- maybe even to the point where guys like Jackson and Rudolph go ahead of him. I am not saying that SHOULD happen, but there are a variety of reasons for why this could happen:

1. NFL scouts and GM's have so many preconceptions about what an NFL QB looks like. Mayfield does not LOOK like a prototypical passer, and his height is going to be a serious issue for many of them. Everyone brings up Brees and Wilson as towering examples of QBs who have overcome being short in stature. However, neither of them were first round picks. Brees, in particular came out of Purdue with quite a pedigree; there was little to dislike about him OTHER than his height.

2. Say what you will, but the QB position is/has been/always will be a position in which personality matters. Every team views their starting QB as the face of the franchise, and it is very important that he represents that franchise in a positive light. Mayfield is a very polarizing figure. Depending upon your tastes, he may come across as confident and competitive. Or, he may come across as arrogant and immature. He certainly is much less polished in terms of his media presence than the other top QBs in this draft class.

3 Video clips like this one serve to crystallize preconceived notions.  Worse, they make tangible the unseen and imagined. Ray Rice was dropped from the league only AFTER the video of his abuse popped up; Tunsil slid massively in the draft AFTER the video of him taking drugs was leaked. Both situations were known to have happened, but the videos in each situation served as greater damnations. 

It just takes one team or decision-maker for that team to fall in love with Mayfield and pull the trigger. So anything can happen. I just suspect that some of the more conservative suits in the NFL may be leery of investing a high first round draft pick on him. I can only imagine watching the heads explode around here should the Bills select Rudolph or Jackson -- with Mayfield still on the board. 

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Hey... I honestly just thought he lacked burst... He looked like Orlando Brown trying to get away from those cops.

Out of all the QB’s in this year’s  draft Baker Mayfield was ( by far ) my favorite , even if we had the first overall pick he’s the one that I would take ,  but not being able to run away from the cops is a deal breaker for me , 

Now I want Lamar Jackson no way the cops can catch him !!!!  ( SMH ) 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Didn't you know that we added a new feature, where every time you search a topic it automatically spawns a new thread? Seems to be working well. ;) 

I didn't know that.  I should try it.    

I thought I was having a deja vu moment for a second 

Maybe I should apologize ....  I didn't find it in a search  

It IS deja vu

or is it the Mandela effect?  

• Like (+1) 1

Sounds like the cops were angry at him for yelling at his girlfriend? 

It's like he was thinking, "I'm caught.  The gig is up.  I know:  I'll get angry and blame my girlfriend!  That'll make everything better."

What a jackass.  He needs some growing up to do if he wants to be a long-term successful NFL QB.  If the Bills draft him, I hope he matures.  

• Like (+1) 1

The timing of this...it's amazing someone dropped this now.  I'm shocked...shocked. -_-

Someone wants Mayfield and is muddying the waters to do so. Or they're running him down to hurt him personally.

People fall for anything these days. The final two weeks leading up to the draft will be a lot of subterfuge and all so teams can get their guy.

The writers/sports personalities who run this stuff know they're being led on and used. The kid did something wrong, but to character assassinate him before the draft is reprehensible.

Edited by BillsVet

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Especially on a Monday or Thursday night game if we were to head into OT. That puts the game finishing up close to last call. 

Another thing to worry about is the hamstring factor since drinking causes hamstring pulls and all. 

Not in Buffalo. #destiny

Shady + Baker = hammies for days *hic*

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FTLBillsfan said:

Maybe the Bills should look into signing that cop! Might be an upgrade at linebacker. Already has one QB sack.

I was thinking free Safety...  Guy's got "twitch" and closing speed.

Edited by #34fan

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Cam Newton was kicked out of Florida, was accused of stealing a laptop and was under investigation for receiving improper payments from the NCAA.

Would you have drafted Blaine Gabbert instead because he was squeaky clean?

Do these cops catch AND bring down Newton? -I highly doubt it.

7 hours ago, #34fan said:

I must say I'm disappointed in the young fella... He couldn't outrun three donut-addict cops?

I'll keep my two firsts, thank you very much... Might pass even if he's there at 12... Which could happen.

Busted Baker

Meh. Your avatar picture is Nathan Peterman, so I'll take your quarterback analysis with a shaker of salt.

8 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think what is dumb is slamming a kid that made a obvious mistake in a drunken state of mind. Did he hold up a gas station? nope.. Did he take someone's car? nope.. Did he admit what he did was stupid? yep. Did he apologize to all involved yep. Doesn't many of us do stupid things when we are young? yep. Does he have an drinking problem? nope.. ever since then he has been undergoing regular piss tests..

seriously?

and by the way.. If you think cops are not in fit shape and no what to watch for then your lost

You make it sound like these sorts of things would keep a fella with talent off an NFL roster!

:lol:

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, #34fan said:

Hey... I honestly just thought he lacked burst... He looked like Orlando Brown trying to get away from those cops.

Good thing his performance during his drunken escapades isn't included in scouting reports. I would hate to miss out on an elite prospect because he did dumb **** once when he was drunk. 

9 hours ago, #34fan said:

I must say I'm disappointed in the young fella... He couldn't outrun three donut-addict cops?

I'll keep my two firsts, thank you very much... Might pass even if he's there at 12... Which could happen.

Busted Baker

Where is his year long Character Assassination?

A college kid made a stupid mistake. It happens. I’m not giving him a free pass, but I won't forever condemn him for this, either. It certainly is a red flag (especially for a QB) and you need to do your homework.