Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

12 and 22 > 23 and 31

And no team wants to "help" the Pats have longevity after Brady is gone.  So by default, our offer on equal ground has more chance to be accepted than the Pats...and our picks are better anyway like you said.

27 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm not a "I quit on the team guy".

That being said, if Beane sits on these picks and watches the Jets and Pats move in to take QBs, I quit.

If he does that, and McCarron isn’t THE GUY, then OBD will be quitting on Beane and McDermott. 

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's what I'm waiting for.  Dolphins trade #11 / 2019 1st / 2020 1st for #2 to break any time now.  Then Pats trade Gronk / 23 / 31 / 2019 1st for #4.

Meanwhile, Beane pokers himself into Mason Rudolph at 12.

:sick::bag:

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And no team wants to "help" the Pats have longevity after Brady is gone.  So by default, our offer on equal ground has more chance to be accepted than the Pats...and our picks are better anyway like you said.

Just because we have "better" picks doesn't mean we have equal willingness to get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's what I'm waiting for.  Dolphins trade #11 / 2019 1st / 2020 1st for #2 to break any time now.  Then Pats trade Gronk / 23 / 31 / 2019 1st for #4.

Meanwhile, Beane pokers himself into Mason Rudolph at 12.

That would be the billsy outcome 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Just because we have "better" picks doesn't mean we have equal willingness to get it done.

Point is, we have better and more ammo.  So if the draft slot is available, we will have a better shot at landing it.  

Of course, a team can include more picks to make a better offer, but any trade up is going to take both our first rounders to get into the top 5...and our 2 firsts are better than the Pats.  So all this panic is pointless.  We can outbid them if we truly want to move to that spot and see the player as worth the cost.  

This Pats trade LITERALLY changes nothing in terms of our ability to trade up.  We have the ammo to spend if Beane deems it worth it, and the Pats trade did not change that.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Point is, we have better and more ammo.  So if the draft slot is available, we will have a better shot at landing it.  

Of course, a team can include more picks to make a better offer, we any trade up is going to take both our first rounders to get into the top 5...and our 2 firsts are better than the Pats.  So all this panic is pointless.  We can outbid them if we truly want to move to that spot and see the cost as worth the player.  

This Pats trade LITERALLY changes nothing in terms of our ability to trade up.  We have the ammo to spend if Beane deems it worth it, and the Pats trade did not change that.

One more move for a pick in the 7-10 range that Beane said he's not willing to make currently could flip that equation pretty quickly.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

One more move for a pick in the 7-10 range that Beane said he's not willing to make currently could flip that equation pretty quickly.

Or the trading of Gronk and 2/3/4 into 7-10 can get them 3 #1s...

Edited by Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Of course, a team can include more picks to make a better offer, but any trade up is going to take both our first rounders to get into the top 5...and our 2 firsts are better than the Pats.  So all this panic is pointless.  We can outbid them if we truly want to move to that spot and see the cost as worth the player.  

It could increase the price if Pats are going all in on getting into the top 5. At this point the price don't matter, Beane showed his hand when trading away TT so just part with the picks and get the guy you want.

The thing that is being missed here is that the Pats have shown the ability to develop a QB. Allen really fits the bill for them and he might slide a bit which could make it possible for NE to get where they need to. That worries me a bit.

Edited by Commonsense
  • Like (+1) 2

Can you imagine the backlash if the dealt Brady’s top WR (arguable, I guess) for a future QB in the last days of the best QB ever, after losing so much in the free agency period and, even before that, needing so much on D?  This is about the final run and beefing up, not rebuilding.  A QB in the second or later?  I can buy it, but they aren’t competitors for our guy, whichever one of the four it is.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Can you imagine the backlash is Brady’s top WR (arguable, I guess) for a future QB in the last days of the best QB ever, after losing so much in the free agency period and, even before that, needing so much on D?  This is about the final run and beefing up, not rebuilding.

Cooks isn't a winner. He is a complimentary player at best and does nothing on the inside of the field where Brady and McDaniels make their hay.

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

12 and 22 > 23 and 31

They have a couple of twos, like us. We also have a couple 3’s. And who’s pick in the same round next year would you rather have?  GET THIS RIGHT! 

Please

13 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what if beane already has a plan in place with gettleman?

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun

1. 1.
    the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Then he's a moron for not finalizing it and allowing the Giants to continue to negotiate.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Rams are going to want to pay Todd Gurley, Marcus Peters, Brandin Cooks, Lamarcus Joyner, and Aaron Donald. Without breaking the bank so bad they can't pay Goff in a few years. Uhhhhh good luck with that one. Oh well there's always the draft... ahhh right.

Yea they are completely ignoring their future for success . This is Eagles dream team all over again.

14 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I doubt the Pats are going to trade away a bunch of picks to move up for a qb. They'll use those picks to add to the roster on both sides of the ball. If they draft a qb it will be with one of the picks they already have. 

When a team deals with the Pats or any team it has little regard for what it will do for the other teams. The only concern is how will the transaction help them. My sense of this deal from a Ram perspective is that they want to take advantage of Goff while he is under his first contract. The Pats are always thinking ahead. They have shed some expensive veteran players and will soon replenish them with younger and cheaper talent. Don't be surprised if the Pats draft Gronk's replacement this year and also draft a second-tier qb ala Garappolo in this draft. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Certainly possible. I think again the Pats offense makes some sense for Rudolph.  If they take a Quarterback in the 1st it tells me that Brady is playing his final year.   

I agree about Rudolph & I think they might like this guy also--- Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond.

10 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Is this where I whine?  Wanted to make sure i was in the right thread.  Oy vey... O_o

Let. It. Play. Out.

All threads are for whining especially if you are promises to stop following the Bills if the front office does not do what you want.

I'd be all for it IF the Stadium Wall front office would enforce these promises even if it means another 17 years without a playoff game.

36 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Going to make a play for Rudolph perhaps?

This is what first came into my mind too. Both the Steelers and Patriots have been frothing all over this kid. As others have noted I kinda doubt they have the ammo to move into the top 5 considering they are always choosing near last.

Then again they could be going for another WR like Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore. 

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

This is what first came into my mind too. Both the Steelers and Patriots have been frothing all over this kid. As others have noted I kinda doubt they have the ammo to move into the top 5 considering they are always choosing near last.

Then again they could be going for another WR like Calvin Ridley, DJ Moore. 

Don't ever discount what the Pat's could do if need be. How on this green earth do they get what they got for Cooks? I mean how do they pull off half of what they do?

Believe me if the Pat's want to move up they will find a way.

31 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

They need OT, CB and DL help.  I think they are reloading for the last run.

As they should be, but that doesn’t sound like a QB who will ride the pine. 

44 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

12 and 22 > 23 and 31

True....but the Pats can now  make it very expensive for the Bills to move up. Wouldn't put it past BB to drive up the price on Rosen for the Bills just for ***** and giggles.