Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Not a terrible deal for the Rams.

I think it's a really terrible deal. They owe him $8.5 million this year, then he's going to want to get paid next year. And their first pick this year is #87 overall. In 2 years they'll have terrible depth and no cap space.

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Interesting to see them dump a WR when they also lost Amendola. 

Not a terrible deal for the Rams. They get their speed distraction after losing Sammy and don’t get the headache of Beckham. 

Wonder where he goes now....NE?  Seems like a Moss move

They bltalked to Matthews the other day and God knows Brady is great with slot WRs. Watch they add him on the cheap and Hogan and Edelman on the outside.

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

23 + 31 + 2018 2nd + 2019 1st + Gronk = #1 or #2 pick

Get rid of the 2nd and first next year MAYBE.. but Gronk and #23 gets them the 2nd pick. I doubt they go there.. I see D being picked on both picks and a QB in the 2nd round and another TE. 

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:
Sal Capaccio  ?Verified account @SalSports 1m1 minute ago
— Rams are REALLY loading up for the “win with good young QB on rookie deal” window. — Pats are sneaking in on drafting a QB in RD1 — OR... OBJ to Pats?! ?

It's entirely possibly they flip 23 & 31 for Beckham, figuring if they were going to have to pay Cooks, may as well just give up #31 and pay Beckham instead.

I'm still not sure it's good for us, it gives the Giants 3 1st round picks, potentially devaluing what we can offer and letting them take a QB at #2 and still load up with young players for a run with Eli.

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

It's entirely possibly they flip 23 & 31 for Beckham, figuring if they were going to have to pay Cooks, may as well just give up #31 and pay Beckham instead.

I'm still not sure it's good for us, it gives the Giants 3 1st round picks, potentially devaluing what we can offer and letting them take a QB at #2 and still load up with young players for a run with Eli.

Beane needs to get going ASAP; he is starting to fall asleep next to Buddy....Cannot afford to be late to the party....again

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

Get rid of the 2nd and first next year MAYBE.. but Gronk and #23 gets them the 2nd pick. I doubt they go there.. I see D being picked on both picks and a QB in the 2nd round and another TE. 

Could be Gronk's last year - trade him while you can.

Just now, Looper said:

Could be Gronk's last year - trade him while you can.

I can see it happening.. just not BB being fleeced for #2 overall. The Giants could thinknwith Gronk on that O they improved enough their be a SB contender. I don’t see BB giving 3 first a second and a HOF Talent for #2

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

How are they going to fill their holes?

Rams had a hole at receiver.

They just filled it with a 24 year old receiver with 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seaons. 

On paper, it hurts the Patriots, so I love the move. Draft picks don't mean jack until you do something with them. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Rams now have Cooks in a contract year at $8.459 million for 2018. Based on the WR market, fair to reason that Pats would've been unlikely to extend him.

Mother :censored:er

Just got a text about the Patriots and interest in Josh Rosen... whew.

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

The Rams were actively looking at ways to replace Sammy Watkins, and Brandin Cooks, on paper, represents an upgrade. Sean McVay's been eyeing Cooks for while -- Source says Rams and Saints talked trade last year.

He'd have to be 5th on the team in receptions for Cooks to outperform Watkins. Gonna be tough.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

No one's going to give up much to trade for a guy who is going on his last season in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The more I think about this the dumber it seems. What is it with Les Snead and trading for overrated receivers in their last contract year? This move is so weird.

Dumb.

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

The Rams were actively looking at ways to replace Sammy Watkins, and Brandin Cooks, on paper, represents an upgrade. Sean McVay's been eyeing Cooks for while -- Source says Rams and Saints talked trade last year.

He's a slight upgrade.  But even with Tommy Boy, he barely eclipsed 1,000 yards.  Again, dumb.

• Like (+1) 1