Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

They are baiting Beane..Trying to get him to overpay.  It's a typical Pats ploy when they get worried that a division rival might be on the verge of a substantial improvement.  

However, the current regime isn't Rex and company; it's not Trader Tom or Marv as a GM, it's not Buddy or Doug or Russ. 

McBeane is patient and knows the Bills have all the assets they need to outbid anyone if it comes to that.   Let them run this before we go all...

image.thumb.png.928ea1ade124c5d919a68a38de8a0efc.png

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Heitz said:

NFLN speculation is that the Pats trade their two firsts for ODB.  But the Conspiracy Theory Network says the Pats are all in on screwing the Bills regardless of player picked.  

Hard to say, I guess...

They are not gonna get OBJ. they cant afford the contract and money he wants. This is not even plausible

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A deceased rapper?  That would be dumb!

So freaking Billsy - Belichick will make the (dead) guy an All-Pro receiver AND will get writing credits on a platinum hit!  Guy's a genius...

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If Giants trade #2 to us and OBJ to Pats, they could end up with picks #12, #22, #23, #31, #34, #53, #56, #65, #66, and #96 in first 3 rounds this year. That's 10 top-100 players.

They should go all-in on that strategy.  Trade Eli.  Trade everyone with value.  Get like 15 - 20 top 100 picks and see what happens! :beer:

13 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

This I don’t get. Shefty and everyone else keeps saying how hard it will be for us to move up but the Pats with less valuable picks will simply what? Waive their magic wand and will it? 

No, they only have 5 in the first 3 rounds and then nothing til the 6th

12 minutes ago, JoeF said:

They are baiting Beane..Trying to get him to overpay.  It's a typical Pats ploy when they get worried that a division rival might be on the verge of a substantial improvement.  

However, the current regime isn't Rex and company; it's not Trader Tom or Marv as a GM, it's not Buddy or Doug or Russ. 

McBeane is patient and knows the Bills have all the assets they need to outbid anyone if it comes to that.   Let them run this before we go all...

You REALLY think this move was to get the Bills to overpay. Not sure they really care about the Bills, only improving their team. But maybe you're right and maybe the Patriots were behind 9/11 and worked with the Russians to screw with the elections and the Assassination of JFK as well.

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, JoeF said:

The over reaction on this is epic and many defy common sense.

Left tackle Nate Solder signed a mega-deal with the New York Giants. Cornerback Malcolm Butler left for greener pastures in Tennessee. Wideout Danny Amendola signed with the Dolphins. New England further depleted its receiving corps by trading Cooks to the Rams. Perhaps the Patriots acquired a second first-round pick in hopes of filling one of their newly created holes with a top-level prospect.

New England may not be interested in selecting a quarterback in the first round of the 2018 draft. However, even if they are, their draft capital is not as attractive as that of the Bills. If they do eventually decide to move further up the draft board, they’re going to have a tough time jumping in front of Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

All in all, I can't WAIT for the 30 for 30 on this year's Rams after they go 7-9 ???

This is destined to happen. I don't gamble too much these days but I'm taking the under on their wins for sure.

4 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

You REALLY think this move was to get the Bills to overpay. Not sure they really care about the Bills, only improving their team. But maybe you're right and maybe the Patriots were behind 9/11 and worked with the Russians to screw with the elections and the Assassination of JFK as well.

This is the team that deflates balls and takes video of other teams practices.  Is your memory that short?  They !@#$ with other teams in the division all the time.

Just now, JoeF said:

This is the team that deflates balls and takes video of other teams practices.  Is your memory that short?  They !@#$ with other teams in the division all the time.

They make player for pick deals on a regular basis and it has nothing to do with mind games of other AFC East teams.  

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

Probably trying to jump in front of us at 22 which wont be hard with 23 and take Rudolph.

I'd approve that.  Please do this Mr. Belichick. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They make player for pick deals on a regular basis and it has nothing to do with mind games of other AFC East teams.  

I disagree but its just my opinion/speculation.  Belichick is a mind game master. 

Cooks was a dispensable asset and he got a 1st for him (Rams are the new Redskins).  The Cheats will call around to the same teams Beane is calling trying to get in front of us.   

Just now, JoeF said:

I disagree but its just my opinion/speculation.  Belichick is a mind game master. 

Cooks was a dispensable asset and he got a 1st for him (Rams are the new Redskins).  The Cheats will call around to the same teams Beane is calling trying to get in front of us.   

They paid a 1st for him last season so in effect they rented him for a season before having to pay him big money after his rookie deal expires.  Too much Patriot Paranoia. 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Never happen but... Brady, Gronk, 23, 31 for # 1 overall. Brady and Gronk promptly retire after the draft.

Maybe even Belicheat thrown in since all their cheating asses are retiring and maybe, just maybe Kraft just wants to insult Belly for trading Garrapolo by sending him back to the Browns.

Hang on, If the Patriots want to mortgage their future (trading Gronk and all that capital) after pissing away a future franchise QB, is that really something we should be worried about? 

Honestly, the worst part of this for the Bills is that the Patriots aren't going to pay Cooks a ton of money to underperform in their system for the next 5 years. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They are NOT grabbing a QB this year.  People forget they dumped a "sure thing" in Garapolo for a 2nd. IF they wanted to retool they would have kept him and still made the trades to surround him with future talent.

Brandin Cooks traded: Players Patriots could be targeting at No. 23 in 2018 NFL Draft
After moving Brandin Cooks -- a player the Patriots traded a first-round pick to obtain in the 2017 offseason -- to the Rams in exchange for Los Angeles's first-rounder this year, New England suddenly has the No. 23 overall and No. 31 overall selections in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Which prospects could Bill Belichick be targeting with his new pick inside the Top 25?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Brandin Cooks traded: Players Patriots could be targeting at No. 23 in 2018 NFL Draft
After moving Brandin Cooks -- a player the Patriots traded a first-round pick to obtain in the 2017 offseason -- to the Rams in exchange for Los Angeles's first-rounder this year, New England suddenly has the No. 23 overall and No. 31 overall selections in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Which prospects could Bill Belichick be targeting with his new pick inside the Top 25?

Get this strange feeling if Lamar or to a further extent Rudolph start to get into the late teens and are available, BB will trade up for one.

There is no way the guy isn't still sour grapes about trading Garopp, he'll remedy that with this draft.

Just now, MTBill said:

They need a LT - I suspect that is who they are moving up for...  And will be looking to grab a QB - they draft one every season I think.

Maybe Rudolph.

No LT prospect worth trading up for.

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

12 and 22 > 23 and 31

Depends who is refereeing the game?  But, yes, we should be able pick a QB before NE unless something weird goes down.

EDIT: strange wild thoughts.  The trade up game changes if Tom Brady is involved.

A couple options --> NE trades up to #2 with Giants including swapping Brady and Eli?

--> Brady to Denver in a trade up to #5?

This offseason is more and more like Madden everyday

Edited by Manther

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How does that help the Patriots during the final run of Brady's career?

Because Bill Bellicheck* isn't interested in winning at this point. From what I'm reading here, he is only interested in playing head games with the Bills. It's all a ploy to get the Bills to do something irrational.

It goes like this:

1) Pats* trade Cooks for a first round pick.

2) Bills run around like headless chickens, making any trade they can just to make it look like they're doing something.

3) ???

4) Pats* 2019 Championship!!

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That is definitely the weirdest possible way to think about this trade

That's how you think about this trade when you have no clue what the hell is happening.

1 hour ago, Magox said:

I see the whiny overreacting ninny's are out in full force.  This draft cannot come soon enough.

Seriously.

7 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

They are NOT grabbing a QB this year.  People forget they dumped a "sure thing" in Garapolo for a 2nd. IF they wanted to retool they would have kept him and still made the trades to surround him with future talent.

Ehh, moving Garapolo is all the more reason they might go QB. Maybe not in the 1st, but I could see it.

Could also see them packaging #22, #31, and Brady for Denver's #5. So who knows.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Left tackle Nate Solder signed a mega-deal with the New York Giants. Cornerback Malcolm Butler left for greener pastures in Tennessee. Wideout Danny Amendola signed with the Dolphins. New England further depleted its receiving corps by trading Cooks to the Rams. Perhaps the Patriots acquired a second first-round pick in hopes of filling one of their newly created holes with a top-level prospect.

New England may not be interested in selecting a quarterback in the first round of the 2018 draft. However, even if they are, their draft capital is not as attractive as that of the Bills. If they do eventually decide to move further up the draft board, they’re going to have a tough time jumping in front of Buffalo.

Solder was way overpaid! But good for him!!  Amandola will be more missed than Cooks, but the Pats still have a good WR core with Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, and Britt. So at most they need a better #4. CB They are set but may need another good one (people forget Butler was UDFA)  they need a stud pass Rusher the most... as I said before I could see them packaging their two first for seven If Chubb falls that far. That makes more sense to me than a QB to me.