Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

1 minute ago, BillsFan17 said:

Don't ever discount what the Pat's could do if need be. How on this green earth do they get what they got for Cooks? I mean how do they pull off half of what they do?

Believe me if the Pat's want to move up they will find a way.

Scary stuff when you think that they have the ability to sit and goom any one of these rookie QB's and they also have the eye to evaluate who will rise to the top. 

As if having Tom Brady at QB for nearly 20 years isn't bad enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

If Beane loses out on a QB to the Patriots after a whole year of trades in preparation then just clean out your office now and head back to Carolina. Losing out to the Jets was bad enough. This would be too much

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And no team wants to "help" the Pats have longevity after Brady is gone.  So by default, our offer on equal ground has more chance to be accepted than the Pats...and our picks are better anyway like you said.

Younoffer your twonfirst B.B. offers #23 and Gronk. Who do you think the Giants take? 

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

If Beane loses out on a QB to the Patriots after a whole year of trades in preparation then just clean out your office now and head back to Carolina. Losing out to the Jets was bad enough. This would be too much

gawd...

Why are the last few pages people freaking out about the Pats? They have way less draft capital than us. Even the Jets have more than them. If they're looking for a QB it will be Jackson, Rudolph, or Lauletta. They arent suddenly in the conversation for a top 5 pick.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Can you imagine the backlash if the dealt Brady’s top WR (arguable, I guess) for a future QB in the last days of the best QB ever, after losing so much in the free agency period and, even before that, needing so much on D?  This is about the final run and beefing up, not rebuilding.  A QB in the second or later?  I can buy it, but they aren’t competitors for our guy, whichever one of the four it is.

Edelman is and will be his #1 and Hogan when healthy was his #2 and well Gronk (I know you guys hate him) is better than all of them. They also have a young WR did well Year 1 but also was IR last year. The Pats were not going resign him and got a better deal back than what they spent for him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

You absolutely just have to laugh at this point. And some people actually don't think we need to trade up for a QB. Have fun being the doormat for another 17 years

What does this even mean? The Pats got pick 23 which means we're going to be their doormat for 17 more years?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What does this even mean? The Pats got pick 23 which means we're going to be their doormat for 17 more years?

It means they have two first rounders, Gronk and who knows what else they would throw out there to move up....

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Younoffer your twonfirst B.B. offers #23 and Gronk. Who do you think the Giants take? 

Ours.  Giants got a young stud at TE, they have no need for Gronk, his injuries, or his contract...not to mention, he's a toss up to even keep playing beyond this year, and he hasn't even committed to this year.  

They would take our 2 picks in a heartbeat over one first and Gronk from the Pats.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

At this point it just means they have an extra pick, which they need to fill holes because they have no cap space 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Patriots PTSD, we've watched them run circles around the Bills forever.

I get it but they make bad moves all the time. They're successful because they have the GOAT QB and GOAT head coach. Their draft classes are usually average. They traded Garroppolo for a 2nd which might go down as one of the worst trades of all time. It's obviously great for them that they were able to rent Cooks for a year for basically nothing, but it didn't end up mattering.

Edited by HappyDays

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It means they have two first rounders, Gronk and who knows what else they would throw out there to move up....

Right.

If he decided getting one of these young QBs is what's best for his organization, I have full faith Belichick would make it happen.  Right now it feels like Beane is haggling over minor details while the rest of the division is positioning to box him out.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Ours.  Giants got a young stud at TE, they have no need for Gronk, his injuries, or his contract...not to mention, he's a toss up to even keep playing beyond this year, and he hasn't even committed to this year.  

They would take our 2 picks in a heartbeat over one first and Gronk from the Pats.  

Umm he is underpaid for his talent why do you think he is talking retirement? And I am guessing you don’t remember what having 2 stud TE and a good QB can do. (See Gronk and Hernandez for a example) they then trade OBJ and can move back up to the top 10 with that.. but ya having 2 studs at TE is so wrong. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

At this point it just means they have an extra pick, which they need to fill holes because they have no cap space 

Umm they have 8 million in cap and that was BEFORE trading Cooks. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Gronk has barely any trade value. He has 1 season left and has dealt with injuries the past 2 years. They aren't getting to the top 5. We have 2 1st rounders that are both higher than either of theirs, and next year's 1st which teams will presume to be more valuable than theirs. Use your head, they can't jump us.

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

All said I think the Pats Going D heavy this draft and this trade allows them possibly move up and take the best DT available

Is DT the bigger need over CBs and Edge?

Jesus, I have so much respect for how the Pats create options for themselves.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Umm he is underpaid for his talent why do you think he is talking retirement? And I am guessing you don’t remember what having 2 stud TE and a good QB can do. (See Gronk and Hernandez for a example) they then trade OBJ and can move back up to the top 10 with that.. but ya having 2 studs at TE is so wrong. 

8 mill? Is that supposed to be a lot? They needed picks.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

True....but the Pats can now  make it very expensive for the Bills to move up. Wouldn't put it past BB to drive up the price on Rosen for the Bills just for ***** and giggles.

Or just a deception on the Pats part to make Rosen look more appealing than he really is.  Goad some team such as the Bills to invest heavily then regret it later as the prospect never lives up to the hype.  Hopefully, our Batman in the form of Beane can see past the cunning display put on by the Pats version of the Joker.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Right.

If he decided getting one of these young QBs is what's best for his organization, I have full faith Belichick would make it happen.  Right now it feels like Beane is haggling over minor details while the rest of the division is positioning to box him out.

I'm going to call kangaroo court on this post...

1 minute ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Is DT the bigger need over CBs and Edge?

Jesus, I have so much respect for how the Pats create options for themselves.

Yes CB is serviceable with what we have especially if they get some kind of pass rush so it could be Edge as well. They just let Foles HAVE ALL DAY AND THE RB arum wild in the SB. Imagine Chubb the top pass rusher added to that D adding a rush and Brady running the O as usual.  That To Me makes more sense than a QB. And they have him going 7 on a lot of boards if the Bills move up for a QB. Which our twonfirst could do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Or just a deception on the Pats part to make Rosen look more appealing than he really is.  Goad some team such as the Bills to invest heavily then regret it later as the prospect never lives up to the hype.  Hopefully, our Batman in the form of Beane can see past the cunning display put on by the Pats version of the Joker.

Um, that's what I said. 

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Pretty sure a tweet from Ben Allbright won’t have any affect on whether a team does or does not invest heavily in Rosen

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Its not wrong...its not a need I said.  Your homer opinion of glass Gronk is going to skew your perceived value of Gronk.  He is a sure bet to miss time every year, and has the most value to someone who thinks he gets them over the top for a SB run.  Giants are not that team and have way bigger needs they can fill with better picks.  They need a lot of help on defense and the OL before they need to add a 2nd TE.  Not to mention, could add a stud WR in this draft with our 2 picks.

I would take the Bills 2 picks in the first over Gronk and #23 all day every day if I was the Giants.  Now, if someone felt Gronk puts them over the top potentially, sure, he has value...Giants just aren't that team.  Dangle Gronk and BOTH first round picks to Broncos, then that would be a threat.  But...I have zero confidence Pats would offer both first and Gronk for the 5th pick in the draft.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This I don’t get. Shefty and everyone else keeps saying how hard it will be for us to move up but the Pats with less valuable picks will simply what? Waive their magic wand and will it? 

NFLN speculation is that the Pats trade their two firsts for ODB.  But the Conspiracy Theory Network says the Pats are all in on screwing the Bills regardless of player picked.  

Hard to say, I guess...

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

NFLN speculation is that the Pats trade their two firsts for ODB.  But the Conspiracy Theory Network says the Pats are all in on screwing the Bills regardless of player picked.  

Hard to say, I guess...

A deceased rapper?  That would be dumb!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Hard to say, I guess...

If Giants trade #2 to us and OBJ to Pats, they could end up with picks #12, #22, #23, #31, #34, #53, #56, #65, #66, and #96 in first 3 rounds this year. That's 10 top-100 players.

• Like (+1) 1