Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And no team wants to "help" the Pats have longevity after Brady is gone.  So by default, our offer on equal ground has more chance to be accepted than the Pats...and our picks are better anyway like you said.

Since when has any team been reluctant to trade with the Pats?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Brady said at the end of the year he be back.. all this speculation over one dumb ass line in Tom v time.  Brady and B.B. are back next year.

It's not one dumb line it's Gronk and Brady teaming up against the coach because he won't let Alex G. around the facility and they are sick of playing nice. Kraft opened this can of worms when he told BB to ship out Jimmy G. because of Brady's whining.

Now they are holding the coaches feet to the fire because they know Kraft will back them up, he has no other choice now. 

They won't be drafting Lauletta, BB is just steering the ship to shore at this point. McDaniels is the soon to be captain and I expect the QB decision to reflect that. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No where near enough to go from 23/31 to 2. Gronk for obj is a joke too. Giants would hang up.

Also, I don't see the Gmen wanting to help the Patsies.  We've got the ammo to deal for either #2 or #4, and I'm leaning toward the latter is Rosen is there.

23 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I like Donald but find me a DT that got a 100 million dollar contract and tell me which team is glad they paid him instead of let him walk. Between the epic Suh failure, Dareus staying on the weeeeeed, Watt's injuries, none of these guys have been worth the money.

hopefully Donald can stay healthy and break the trend. Don't bring up Fletcher Cox his defense let up 500 yards to Brady in the SB. DT should be a rotational position and limited resources should be spent on it.

Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay. That might be it though.

7 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Also, I don't see the Gmen wanting to help the Patsies.  We've got the ammo to deal for either #2 or #4, and I'm leaning toward the latter is Rosen is there.

The guy also said 3 2nd round picks and why would the Giants not deal with the Pats? Unlike the Bills or Colts they have no bad taste from facing the Pats.

I have been saying this all along.

Brady is going to retire this year or next. No announcement will be made until after the draft so they can pretend like they're not shopping for a quarterback

That's the only reason that Belichick  traded garrapol

If Brady retires so does Gronk. 

I said this two days ago and I said this 3 months ago when Garoppolo was traded. The Patriots going to go all-in to get a quarterback

37 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I see the scenario that our Bills get shut out of the highly touted ones, and would like to use 22 on Rudolph as plan D, E or F.  The master chess player has checked us on that.  Also, BB wants Rudolph like Tiger wants another green jacket.

They draft after we do. Are you saying the Bills being at 22 are going to force the Pats to trade UP for Mason Rudolph? I don’t know what that is, but it’s not chess. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I have been saying this all along.

Brady is going to retire this year or next. No announcement will be made until after the draft so they can pretend like they're not shopping for a quarterback

That's the only reason that Belichick  traded garrapol

If Brady retires so does Gronk. 

I said this two days ago and I said this 3 months ago when Garoppolo was traded. The Patriots going to go all-in to get a quarterback

Not surprising at all...

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They draft after we do. Are you saying the Bills being at 22 are going to force the Pats to trade UP for Mason Rudolph? I don’t know what that is, but it’s not chess. 

Yup. 

Just now, Madmax09 said:

Pats are going after Odell. 

Possibly.  But it will be up to the Giants whether they get him or not.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They draft after we do. Are you saying the Bills being at 22 are going to force him to to trade UP for Mason Rudolph? I don’t know what that is, but it’s not chess. 

BB's has essentially taken Rudolph at 22 away from us.  He knows we can't take Rudolph at 12.  If Bills pass on him, then he becomes a Patsie.  Just the way BB planned it.  

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

BB's has essentially taken Rudolph at 22 away from us.  He knows we can't take Rudolph at 12.  If Bills pass on him, then he becomes a Patsie.  Just the way BB planned it.  

I hope so.  I remember when the Bills took Perry Tuttle away from the Eagles and they were forced to draft Mike Quick.   

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

The Cheaters pick at 23.  Again as Yolo said, they'd have to trade up to get him.  Let them.  He sucks.

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Pats are loading up on the roster. They want to win and load for future. 

When Tommy Boy, Bellychick, and The Cretin retire after 2018, it's all over.

36 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The guy also said 3 2nd round picks and why would the Giants not deal with the Pats? Unlike the Bills or Colts they have no bad taste from facing the Pats.

Why would the Giants hate the Cheaters**? They've Done so much for them.

Isn' it interesting that the young pass offense guru likes collecting quality WRs? Woods, Watkins, Cupp, and now Cooks.

He needs to spend some quality time on TBD where he would learn that he doesn't need good WRs,just a good QB.  He should use those picks to draft more QBs.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

So again... he is planning to trade up to 21 or higher for Mason Rudolph? Who many don’t even have a 1st rd grade on? Because he somehow thinks the Bills want him?

someone is playing chess in this here scenario but it’s not the fighting lobster rolls 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Why would the Giants hate the Cheaters**? They've Done so much for them.

Is t it interesting that the young pass offense guru likes collecting quality WRs? Woods, Watkins, Cupp, and now Cooks.

He needs to spend some quality time on TBD where he would learn that he doesn't need good WRs,just a good QB.  He should use those picks to draft more QBs.

Woods and Watkins are ok one injury prone. Cooks has had Brees and Brady throwing to him. Cupp looks damn good but at least two are 2nd tier WR not elite

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Cheaters pick at 23.  Again as Yolo said, they'd have to trade up to get him.  Let them.  He sucks.

Not saying the dynasty will continue but loading up on prospects is usually a good thing. Especially from a team that develops pretty well

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

My point is that our GMs plan D, E, or F was to get Rudolph at 22.  I think BB wants him.  I may be wrong.  However, it really looks like there is a high possibility that we don't a QB in round 1.  You may not like Rudolph, but he would be a good pick at 22.  I don't think BB will let us have him at 22.

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Woods and Watkins are ok one injury prone. Cooks has had Brees and Brady throwing to him. Cupp looks damn good but at least two are 2nd tier WR not elite

Yes and any one of them are better than anyone we got. Zay couldn't carry any of these guy's lunch pail.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I get it but they make bad moves all the time. They're successful because they have the GOAT QB and GOAT head coach. Their draft classes are usually average. They traded Garroppolo for a 2nd which might go down as one of the worst trades of all time. It's obviously great for them that they were able to rent Cooks for a year for basically nothing, but it didn't end up mattering.

I have this feeling that the Jimmy G trade may have another Pats favorable element to it.....behind the scenes

12 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

My point is that our GMs plan D, E, or F was to get Rudolph at 22.  I think BB wants him.  I may be wrong.  However, it really looks like there is a high possibility that we don't a QB in round 1.  You may not like Rudolph, but he would be a good pick at 22.  I don't think BB will let us have him at 22.

I do not think the Bills are in on anyone other than one of their top guys. There are 2nd tier QBs out there like White, Lauletta, Rudolph ...but they have the assets to do better. They likely couldn’t care less for their own plans if belichick wants to draft Rudolph, and probably hope he does. 

The rams are so cool right now. Love it

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

Can we like.. throw a party for this? Bills fans all around the world.

****Total fanboy nonsense disclaimer****Even though Beane doesn't seem like a reactor and does things on his schedule..and even though the Pat's qb move up is prob nonsense... I hope this move makes Beane act out of character and is the kick in the pants he needs to pull the trigger (if there is a trigger to be pulled). I'd much rather the speculation be are the Pat's making a move for OBJ to drain their cap rather than perceived or real competition (and THEY really would need to sell the farm) at the qb spot. Boy, I hope I dont see a day where the Pats win a trade up race bc with the ammo add going to the Bills...  that would be an ouchie fo sho

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I do not think the Bills are in on anyone other than one of their top guys. There are 2nd tier QBs out there like White, Lauletta, Rudolph ...but they have the assets to do better. They likely couldn’t care less for their own plans if belichick wants to draft Rudolph, and probably hope he does. 

Yup.

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

I don't see how this impacts the Bills at all.

The Pats just don't have the ammunition to compete with the Bills. Somewhat close, but not close enough if the Bills want to go for their guy

Agreed, maybe just another aspect to complicate things - maybe even perceived interest screws with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That is fine;  however, I hope we don't give 5 high picks to get a high-risk QB rookie.  I would say 22 would be a risk worth taking.  Also, I think BB would do likewise at 18-23, but not a boat load of high picks.

From CBS Sports:

Lamar Jackson, Louisville - As I wrote Tuesday, "it would be classic Bill Belichick to go against the grain and pick the super-elusive Jackson after he's won five Super Bowls with the stoic Brady under center." It's extraordinarily difficult to peg where Jackson will ultimately be selected, but it's reasonable to assume he'll be on the board at No. 23 overall. 

Just now, Ga boy said:

That is fine;  however, I hope we don't give 5 high picks to get a high-risk QB rookie.  I would say 22 would be a risk worth taking.  Also, I think BB would do likewise at 18-23, but not a boat load of high picks.

The risk is taking a QB who they have ranked lower than the others, not spending draft picks that they’ve spent a year accumulating and scouting to be in position to get the one they want.

Interesting that the smartest** coach with the best** QB would trade a first round pick for a WR one year. And then the next try to trade for one of the most dynamic WRs in football.

My suggestion to him would be to spend some quality time on TBD where he can learn that WRs aren't important if you have a "franchise QB".

Does he know something we don't?

1 hour ago, RFL said:

I have this feeling that the Jimmy G trade may have another Pats favorable element to it.....behind the scenes

I have a feeling the Jimmy G trade will look less like a steel once teams have all off season to study film ofhim and games will be real as opposed to the garbage time fests at the end of the 49ers season.

• Thank you (+1) 1