Brandin Cooks to the Rams for the 23rd - Pats eyeing Rosen - per Allbright

The Patriots threat - it is real and a at least will force the Bills into taking a QB no later than 12 or they will be shut out of even the 2nd tier QBs.

I like what McDermott and Beane are doing, but I think that they have been out maneuvered by both the Jets and Pats.  Pats might not move ahead of them, but they have removed the possibility of taking a position player at 12 and hoping to get a QB at 22, let alone hoping to get a QB In round 2.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I agree that BB wants him some Rudolph.  If we don't move up, or it we don't get Mayfield at 12, then he'll jump in front of us to get him some Rudolph.  BB doesn't want Mayfield, he wants him some Rudolph.  IF we get our QB, BB will get him some Rudolph.  He will be smirking in private.

Why?? 

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

The Patriots threat - it is real and a at least will force the Bills into taking a QB no later than 12 or they will be shut out of even the 2nd tier QBs.

I like what McDermott and Beane are doing, but I think that they have been out maneuvered by both the Jets and Pats.  Pats might not move ahead of them, but they have removed the possibility of taking a position player at 12 and hoping to get a QB at 22, let alone hoping to get a QB In round 2.  

IF Bills pass on Rudolph at 12, Pats will get him soon thereafter.

The Pats aren't trading into the top 10 for Chubb etc. Belichick is leaving, neither Brady or Gronk have even confirmed that they are coming back for another season. They are working together to leverage against the HC. Things are very much a mess at Patriots Place. I'm sure the Krafts realized they need a QB for Josh because Brady has changed his tune on that playing until 45 talk.

The Krafts aren't going to want to fall on their face without Belichick, they are going to do everything they can to right the wrong of Jimmy G. Look for them to go after Allen. They will sit him for a year and trust Josh to mold him into a superstar.

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I hate the Patriots, Cooks is not worth giving up the 23rd pick, Rams are so stupid.

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I like what McDermott and Beane are doing, but I think that they have been out maneuvered by both the Jets and Pats.

How have they been "out maneuvered" by the Pats*?  Folks need to lay off on the conspiracy pills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

IF Bills pass on Rudolph at 12, Pats will get him soon thereafter.

Um... good? This is the guy everyone hates... 

7 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

22 is still before 23

• Like (+1) 1

OH NO!!!!!! It's happening.....:censored:

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 2S 2seconds ago

Text from source close to the Giants: Receiving lots of interest from the Patriots now that they have double 1’s and double 2’s in upcoming NFL Draft: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23019268/new-england-patriots-potential-trade-with-the-new-york-giants …

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

How have they been "out maneuvered" by the Pats*?  Folks need to lay off on the conspiracy pills.

Until this deal, it was at least plausible to think the Bills could nab a great non-QB prospect at 12 and then come back at 22 or a bit earlier to get a 2nd tier QB in Rudolph, Jackson - possibly including White and Lauletta.

Now that door has been essentially shut.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why?? 

I think BB thinks he is forcing us to go QB before at 12 or earlier.  He doesn't want us to think that we can wait until 22 to get Rudolph.  In fact, he wants the option to jump into the teens to get Rudolph.  So he gets Rudolph, and we spend all of our draft capital on a high-risk rookie.  BB is the master puppeteer.  

12 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Has to be Donald; he trains against a man literally trying to stab him with knives. 

I like Donald but find me a DT that got a 100 million dollar contract and tell me which team is glad they paid him instead of let him walk. Between the epic Suh failure, Dareus staying on the weeeeeed, Watt's injuries, none of these guys have been worth the money.

hopefully Donald can stay healthy and break the trend. Don't bring up Fletcher Cox his defense let up 500 yards to Brady in the SB. DT should be a rotational position and limited resources should be spent on it.

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Until this deal, it was at least plausible to think the Bills could nab a great non-QB prospect at 12 and then come back at 22 or a bit earlier to get a 2nd tier QB in Rudolph, Jackson - possibly including White and Lauletta.

I understand where you are coming from BUT before this deal nothing excluded ANYONE else doing the same things.

1 minute ago, Ga boy said:

I think BB thinks he is forcing us to go QB before at 12 or earlier.  He doesn't want us to think that we can wait until 22 to get Rudolph.  In fact, he wants the option to jump into the teens to get Rudolph.  So he gets Rudolph, and we spend all of our draft capital on a high-risk rookie.  BB is the master puppeteer.  

Isn’t that what Rudolph is?

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Bingo!

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

I understand where you are coming from BUT before this deal nothing excluded ANYONE else doing the same things.

Absolutely true, but many here have over-valued the Bills' draft "capital" - other teams have near as much and *might* drive the cost of a QB to ridiculous levels that a team can never recover from.

4 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Everyone already knows the Bills want to draft a QB as high as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The Pats aren't trading into the top 10 for Chubb etc. Belichick is leaving, neither Brady or Gronk have even confirmed that they are coming back for another season. They are working together to leverage against the HC. Things are very much a mess at Patriots Place. I'm sure the Krafts realized they need a QB for Josh because Brady has changed his tune on that playing until 45 talk.

The Krafts aren't going to want to fall on their face without Belichick, they are going to do everything they can to right the wrong of Jimmy G. Look for them to go after Allen. They will sit him for a year and trust Josh to mold him into a superstar.

Brady already said he is coming back as has BB. Gronk it has been reported in numerous places he is coming back next year.  They are NOT going after one of the top 4 QBs. 

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Absolutely true, but many here have over-valued the Bills' draft "capital" - other teams have near as much and *might* drive the cost of a QB to ridiculous levels that a team can never recover from.

This isn't true at all. 

16 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Pretty sure The Bills are not exactly a focal point of the Pats moves...

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I like Donald but find me a DT that got a 100 million dollar contract and tell me which team is glad they paid him instead of let him walk. Between the epic Suh failure, Dareus staying on the weeeeeed, Watt's injuries, none of these guys have been worth the money.

hopefully Donald can stay healthy and break the trend. Don't bring up Fletcher Cox his defense let up 500 yards to Brady in the SB. DT should be a rotational position and limited resources should be spent on it.

He'll more than likely get that dollar amount, but I rather have a stud DT than a first round WR that is on his third team in 5 years. 

Fletcher Cox and Kawann Short are two DTs that received big contracts and their teams are not regretting it. 

Edited by Captain Murica

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Text from source close to the Giants: Receiving lots of interest from the Patriots now that they have double 1’s and double 2’s in upcoming NFL Draft: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23019268/new-england-patriots-potential-trade-with-the-new-york-giants …

You got me you son of a gun!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Say what?  So you think that 8 QB's are going within the top 21 picks? 

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Just cause they have brady doesn’t make Rudolph less risky 

Exactly.  That made no sense.

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

BitesizedSlushyAmurminnow-max-14mb.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everyone already knows the Bills want to draft a QB as high as possible. 

I see the scenario that our Bills get shut out of the highly touted ones, and would like to use 22 on Rudolph as plan D, E or F.  The master chess player has checked us on that.  Also, BB wants Rudolph like Tiger wants another green jacket.