Zay Jones Arrested

sven233

5 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Does anyone have a screen grab of that Sammy tweet? Sent my brother a text because he reminded me of some people we know and I know the gist of it... but the exact quote would be so much better

Zay couldn't catch passes, so I guess he is catching felonies now. SMH.

5 hours ago, Threedollabills said:

Yeah what did Sammy say?

See my post above.

Edited by mileena
  • Thank you (+1) 1

TMZ just posted another video showing Jesus pacing back and forth outside the hotel for a few minutes yelling, “Who all’s with me?  Is anyone - ANYONE - in there coming with me?  None of y’all got my back???”  And then he shrugs and drives off into the LA night.  

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, sleeby said:

Nudity and LSD absolutely.  See 60s culture.  Plenty of grateful dead anecdotes on the matter.  Europe 72 concerts in Germany being some.amusing ones - the German ushers were dosed and taking off their clothes even.  Fired em all and then the next night the new crew had the same happen.   

Its like Peter Griffin on ecstasy. 

“Oh Brian... your fur it’s so soft and your ears they’re like DOG EARS.”

Kuandjio got released outright for this type of thing after having a good season. Will be interesting to see how this turns out. 

Certainly will face some type of suspension for the felony and if they find drugs in his system. Might honestly be the best for him to take a few weeks when the season kicks off to get whatever helps he needs beyond short term.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Oh it could be just that, had Patriot Chandler Jones bug out last year at a police station....

That was the synthetic stuff

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Spice?

I thought the same thing.  This incident is so bizarre that I actually hope it's a chemically-induced aberration as opposed to mental illness.  For the kid's own sake.  Football is at best a secondary consideration in this situation. 

10 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I think he smoked it before every game this season. I’ve never seen a rookie who gave me less hope for his future than this clown. 

For a player with so much talent you could see something was not right,  dropped passes and lack of concentration the guy looked like a bust.  Then his father announces he played the season injured,  which looks now like a cover for drug problem.  I would cut him ASAP so he can fix himself and he does not spread his problem to other young Bills players on this team.

Full disclosure purposes .. I was double thumbs up for the Zay pick last year as my daughter goes to ECU and I saw many of his games ... so given the longer history than most on this board ... I wish him the best first and foremost ... you go from watching the Sabres (his first hockey game) and selling season tickets at OBD in the past few weeks  ... to this .. that was truly a bad scene and obviously some form of hallucination drug enhanced ... him getting better is the most important .. but this event is obviously a 1-4 game suspension issue per the NFL code of conduct policy correct?

This may certainly have influence on the pick priorities come draft time.

26 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Full disclosure purposes .. I was double thumbs up for the Zay pick last year as my daughter goes to ECU and I saw many of his games ... so given the longer history than most on this board ... I wish him the best first and foremost ... you go from watching the Sabres (his first hockey game) and selling season tickets at OBD in the past few weeks  ... to this .. that was truly a bad scene and obviously some form of hallucination drug enhanced ... him getting better is the most important .. but this event is obviously a 1-4 game suspension issue per the NFL code of conduct policy correct?

This may certainly have influence on the pick priorities come draft time.

Probably a 1 game suspension for personal conduct 

what an idiot

hard to stop someone hell bent on self harm

having said that he needs to enter a 30-90 day rehabilitation treatment facility

i'd still give him a chance to stay with team assuming he gets help

Edited by papazoid

6 minutes ago, papazoid said:

what an idiot

having said that he needs to enter a 30-90 day rehabilitation treatment facility

That’s pretty much my thoughts. By all accounts (people speaking out who know him) he’s a great kid. Probably made a mistake with some drugs. If it’s truly a first offense and not a pattern of behavior, I do make sure he gets help but I don’t cut him at this time especially if he’s receptive to that help.

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, papazoid said:

what an idiot

How about just wishing the kid to get WELL and to get all the HELP he needs ? 

SMH 

Obviously its a mental health issue as opposed to a drug issue. And to all those lauging at or blaming the kid, schizophrenic episodes are scary, serious, and beyond the suffer's control.They can be brought under control with meds, but I doubt that he ever suits up in a bills uniform again. The NFL has a pretty bad record when it comes to mental illness and there's lots of misinformation (see comments above) out there.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope he gets whatever it is demonizing him under control but to say he is not a liability after this is burying ones head in the sand. 

Zay’s mental health and safety of Bills employees, to include players, comes  first.

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Obviously its a mental health issue as opposed to a drug issue. And to all those lauging at or blaming the kid, schizophrenic episodes are scary, serious, and beyond the suffer's control.They can be brought under control with meds, but I doubt that he ever suits up in a bills uniform again. The NFL has a pretty bad record when it comes to mental illness and there's lots of misinformation (see comments above) out there.

Very well said although Im not certain it is not drug related yet.  But I agree with you whole heartedly that people still lack sympathy for people with mental illness when it is indeed beyond their control.  Do we pick on physically and mentally handicapped people for their disabilities?  Or say someone should be punished for being in a wheel chair?  

Mental illness is an illness because it is beyond a persons control.  When people see an episode like this they approach it as if Zay was in his right frame of mind.  People don't behave like that unless they are going through some sort of mental episode.  Have some compassion everyone. 

Edited by Estelle Getty
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Is it obvious? It could easily be a bout with synthetic marijuana.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He's not the wide receivers coach anymore. They need to distance themselves from Zay and cut him (no pun intended). 

Why do you automatically go to this?

If it is a metal health issue, and not a drug issue, they should use their vast resources, as a large business, to help the kid.

If it is a mental health issue, why would you automatically distance yourself from him, instead of helping him?

That's the mentality that leads to tragedy in this society.

2 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

If it is a metal health issue, and not a drug issue, they should use their vast resources, as a large business, to help the kid.

If it is a mental health issue, why would you automatically distance yourself from him, instead of helping him?

Right. At my company (maybe all companies) it’s treated as a disability under ADA and people aren’t “fired” for it. I assume that Zay would be given treatment and a chance to resume his career when he’s ready. Both Brandon Marshall and Richie Incignito went to rehab for mental illness and are now medicated and back in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, who really knows? I’ve gone made out of

my way to wish Zay all the best. However, everything about this points to nasty drugs, and that would be a poor decision for a multi millionaire to make. It’s a bit strange that his “mental illness” would finally manifest itself at 11:30pm in Los Angeles California during the off-season. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'm assuming he was on synthetic weed or some other drug. If it's a legitimate mental health issue then you're absolutely right. We'll see.

2 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Yes, who really knows? I’ve gone made out of

my way to wish Zay all the best. However, everything about this points to nasty drugs, and that would be a poor decision for a multi millionaire to make. It’s a bit strange that his “mental illness” would finally manifest itself at 11:30pm in Los Angeles California during the off-season. 

I agree i think it’s more likely it’s a drug incident. Either way whether it’s mental illness or drugs, I’m surprised people think his career is over. Numerous examples on both sides of players still in the league after one of these episodes. As I said I would be surprised if the Bills even cut him unless there is a pattern of this behavior with drugs that we are unaware of.  

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agreed.

I'm hoping for more information on it.

What if it's a combination of both?

What if he had undiagnosed mental illness, and some form of recreational drug triggered it into overdrive?

Seeing the video, I'm going to say it comes down to 3 things:

1) bad reaction to drug use alone. In this case, I think the Bills should handle it as they see fit, maybe give the guy one more zero tolerance chance, and help him if it's a rehab situation, he's young and mistakes happen, but give him a very short leash.

2) mental health break. Could be a nervous breakdown, or it could be an underlying mental illness. That wasn't a typical set of behavior. The Bills should help him through it and hopefully he can stabilize himself.

3) combination of both, a recreational drug caused this episode, and in that case, I still think the bills should help.

11 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

At least his shoulder looks healed.

#PositiveThoughts

RIDICULOUS!!!!!  Thanks for making me spit out my delicious chai latte from Caribou Coffee then proceed to regurgitate the rest of it from convulse-laughing!!!  HAHAHAHHAHA that's a way to start a day!!! ????

24 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

That’s the least obvious thing it could be. 

Certainly a freak out on drugs is more likely. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

Obviously you aren't familiar with the effects of certain hallucinogenic drugs...

• Like (+1) 1

Drugs can contribute to manic episodes, but they don't directly trigger them. Other factors like stress, lack of sleep, and genetics are just as likely to be contributing factors. If he tried to jump out a window, he's manic, and weed doesn't cause that all by itself. If it did, it would not be legalized in particular areas for recreational use.

Edited by MURPHD6

21 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm assuming he was on synthetic weed or some other drug. If it's a legitimate mental health issue then you're absolutely right. We'll see.

I work in mental health. Getting my Masters in Voc Rehab at UB. This looks like drugs to me, but people can do some whacky stuff if they stop taking their meds. If I was to bet on it, I'd say drugs. 

• Like (+1) 1