Zay Jones Arrested

sven233

40 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Still going to have to face the penalties the league assesses in such matters.  So he probably will not be available opening day.  Or the week after.  Or the week after that.

Depends on what happened, obviously.

They won't suspend him if it comes back from free and just is mental breakdown.

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

always wondered how JuJu or any WR would have done on this team with the lack of talent at QB.   JuJu is great, but he could have looked pedestrian for us last year.  

Man, I like Zay.  This is just totally nutso.  

We may have to keep our picks and draft a few WR's.  Chark, St. Browne, the guy from Indiana.  

TBH I didnt know Zay and had never seen him play. I had seen a half dozen of JuJu's games and liked him a lot. Starts to look again like the Steelers knowing how to evaluate WRs and the Bills, well, not so much.

I think we need to refrain from judging Zay until we know more about what actually went down but if this is drug/partying related I will be very disappointed. I get the "20 year old millionaire" excuse but after Kujo and MD I'm starting to have my fill of this stuff. And I can see why teams put so much value on character and professionalim. Having guys on your roster who f'up, especially if their talent should put them in a leadership role, is going to seriously and negatively impact your chances for success. 

This is terrible. It's 100% a tainted drug and I find it terrifying this seemingly nice kid was so out of it he tried to jump out of a 30th story window as a result. The people who are ripping on him as a draft pick at this point in this thread are frankly gross people, this is a moment to show some actual humanity. 

• Like (+1) 2

I've followed zay on Instagram and Twitter since he became a bill. He's been nothing but class and if you've ever heard him in an interview, he's humble and well spoken. I know he's young and kids make stupid decisions, but I'd be surprised if he intentionally took some kind of drug. I wonder if he got slipped something. Maybe him and his brother were at a bar and and someone slipped something in his drink(ive personally had this happen). Either way, I hope he is OK and hope he remains a bill

2 hours ago, Paul Costa said:

Totally agree ?

Go look at the video again: the first part is a still camera from the penthouse, not someone recording.

The second video is the aftermath.  Zay is already gone to the hopital at this time.

DUH!!!

3 hours ago, MURPHD6 said:

Popular misconception. Drugs aren't the only factor that lead to manic episodes. They can contribute, but other factors are always involved, like genetic disposition, stress, etc.

It’s a misconception that this was likely caused by drugs?  

Take away the drugs and this doesn’t happen. Whatever his disposition it was the drugs that was the lynchpin. 

4 hours ago, MURPHD6 said:

Obviously its a mental health issue as opposed to a drug issue. And to all those lauging at or blaming the kid, schizophrenic episodes are scary, serious, and beyond the suffer's control.They can be brought under control with meds, but I doubt that he ever suits up in a bills uniform again. The NFL has a pretty bad record when it comes to mental illness and there's lots of misinformation (see comments above) out there.

How is any of that obvious? You're reaching. No one is qualified to make that judgment just off that video.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So bizarre, he must have been on some serious hallucinogenic drugs.

We should have drafted Cooper Kupp who fits the hard working players that McD wants. Also we wouldn't have had to trade up either which I thought was a terrible waste of picks for Zay, clearly our WR coach talked them into trading up for fear of losing him.

Meh, WR coach wanted him.

WR coaches don't make the decision to trade up in the second round and pick a guy. You're just flat out wrong.

Is there anything better than TBD tackling drugs and mental health issues?  These threads bring together all of our subject matter experts:

Old timers who have never done drugs: "Hes addicted to smoking wacky tobaccy just like Darius.  Lucky he didn't kill anybody tripping on the pot. Cut his ass!"

Mental health experts: "I took 2 semesters of Psych and clearly Zay is dealing with deep depression and suicidal tendencies likely brought on from dropping that sure TD pass against Carolina that f@#$ed my fantasy season! Cut his ass!"

Actual mental health expert:  "my wife works in the psych ward at the local hospital and clearly Zay is dealing with deep depression and suicidal tendencies possibly brought on from having a tough rookie season.  What he needs now is all of our hugs and prayers!"

Young guy who has done drugs once: "Dude, he was only smoking a little K2 and bumping a few lines.  He'll be fine in the morning.  People do s@#$ like this all the time when they're drinking and alcohol is still legal!  Do you even know how many things can be made out of hemp? Legalization would be a boon for the economy but big pharma doesn't want to give up their monopoly and the government wants us zoned out on Adderall and oxy so we're easier to control!"

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, MURPHD6 said:

Drugs can contribute to manic episodes, but they don't directly trigger them. Other factors like stress, lack of sleep, and genetics are just as likely to be contributing factors. If he tried to jump out a window, he's manic, and weed doesn't cause that all by itself. If it did, it would not be legalized in particular areas for recreational use.

Your posts have been awful in this thread. Not one person blamed weed, this isn't the 50s. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a very good point and we will see how Beane and McDermott maybe even the Pegula's go forward with this once all the

facts are uncovered.  Zay is just starting year 2 of a 4 year Bill's investment.

I guess one could ask, "Will the Bill's stand by him or will they think that it's best to dump him?".

4 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

1) bad reaction to drug use alone. In this case, I think the Bills should handle it as they see fit, maybe give the guy one more zero tolerance chance, and help him if it's a rehab situation, he's young and mistakes happen, but give him a very short leash.

2) mental health break. Could be a nervous breakdown, or it could be an underlying mental illness. That wasn't a typical set of behavior. The Bills should help him through it and hopefully he can stabilize himself.

3) combination of both, a recreational drug caused this episode, and in that case, I still think the bills should help.

I have a friend whose son is bi-polar. He has had it under control for the most part with medication for a couple of years.  Several months ago he was at a party and supposedly took some "bad drugs" which triggered a pretty bad psychotic episode which required him being committed for a period of time, etc... It apparently affected the chemical balance in his brain and although he is getting better now, it has taken some time.  So option #3 is very possible from what I have seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know Zay. But by all accounts, he's been a choir boy. I may be giving him too much credit - but I wonder if he had a bad reaction to painkillers from his surgery. Maybe he had a couple drinks with his brother while on the medication without thinking about it. 

I hope he is well. He's a much better player than we saw the first half or so of last season. 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep they want to see if they can add a recent second round pick to the back end of their WR corps for nothing(or a late pick)............and if not they get to snicker at the High-Horsed McBeane regime's perceived hypocrisy.    Popcorn break for personnel types to breakup the monotony of draft boarding with a little schadenfreude.:beer:

9 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I have a friend whose son is bi-polar. He has had it under control for the most part with medication for a couple of years.  Several months ago he was at a party and supposedly took some "bad drugs" which triggered a pretty bad psychotic episode which required him being committed for a period of time, etc... It apparently affected the chemical balance in his brain and although he is getting better now, it has taken some time.  So option #3 is very possible from what I have seen. 

(I liked the post because I agree, not because I'm glad that happened, always sad to hear about that)

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills are at USC pro day. I wonder if they had a face to face meeting with Zay at any point today after his release? He was at USC medical center.

I’m sure Beane took a trip to the hospital. Considering they’re also there to workout Rosen/Darnold, they had to take Zay along with them. I’m sure they’ll support him through this. Anyone who thinks he’s getting cut, that his career is over, or that he sucks is just overreacting. This will be a powerful learning experience for him, one that will make him better than ever as a man. 

1 minute ago, Meazy26 said:

I’m sure Beane took a trip to the hospital. Considering they’re also there to workout Rosen/Darnold, they had to take Zay along with them. I’m sure they’ll support him through this. Anyone who thinks he’s getting cut, that his career is over, or that he sucks is just overreacting. This will be a powerful learning experience for him, one that will make him better than ever as a man. 

While I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, has this been confirmed? He was there with Bills brass?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

While I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case, has this been confirmed? He was there with Bills brass?

Just speculation. Zay has been in Buffalo all offseason. It could be a coincidence he was there at the same time as the Bills brass for some offseason fun. Not sure if teams are actually allowed to bring their players to a workout for a draft prospect in the first place- probably against NFLPA rules. 

7 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

Just speculation. Zay has been in Buffalo all offseason. It could be a coincidence he was there at the same time as the Bills brass for some offseason fun. Not sure if teams are actually allowed to bring their players to a workout for a draft prospect in the first place- probably against NFLPA rules. 

I had the same thought (that the Bills have really been promoting him in the offseason) and question (whether the teams bring their own players to participate in workouts on the campuses)

17 minutes ago, Meazy26 said:

Wow man... just wow... I wish I saw the world through your eyes, it must be like a Disney movie.