Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

39 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Bills need to get to 2 right now if they want their guy,

We always did.  This was always in play that someone would try to jump us. 2 was only way to ensure we got who we wanted and even then browns could do something Brown like...

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't like the timing of it. The day after Rosen's pro day. I'm afraid it sends a message that's their guy. And I really don't want him in any other colors than Blue and Red.

They were also at Baker's pro day, if that means anything.

Good lesson here in that you aren't ENTITLED to anyone's pick.  Hopefully our front office understood this and have a plan B.  There was simply no way to guarantee that you can get exactly what you want - the other 31 NFL teams each have their plans as well.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Start?  He’s dead meat.  If he doesn’t have the stones to get up to 1 or 2 he should go find employment elsewhere.  The fans will revolt if they tell us they tried but it was too expensive.  

You people are something else. A lot of people on here act like it’s the end of the world if they don’t take a QB this year. There no guaranteed if any of these QB be a star in the future. We have to many dead meat fans.

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

- If they were trading up then why did they sign McCown and Bridgewater? Not to mention they also have Petty and Hackenberg.

- Bills are screwed and have to trade up to 2 now. No choice. There will be 4 QB's taken in the top 5

Hack will most likely be available, and you know Pegs loves Nittany Lions.:nana:

I'm anxious to see how this all plays out. Many ways it could go. It will come down to if the Giants want to move back to 12 and if so, how much Gettleman is wanting to gouge Buffalo to do it. I think there is a price to pay that is fair to both team. If the Giants want to go bigger...I have no issue walking away and seeing how the draft plays out. 

4 minutes ago, Success said:

No they didn’t.

Who owns the #3 pick then. I might have lost you on your post here? I get they have 6th but they were willing to move and did.

"This ain’t Madden.  You can’t force the colts to trade out of the top 10 if they don’t want to."

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It was a one off year. Your last sentence is the aberration, not the norm. You don't build a team on an aberration. You telling people to stop like you're making a good point makes it even more annoying.

Your point sucks. Stop saying it.

Facts are difficult things for you.  I understand.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Giants take RB at 2 (won't trade out) and now we get screwed....this just undid all the good of the off-season

It's time to start ( fire McBeane ) treads 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Giants take RB at 2 (won't trade out) and now we get screwed....this just undid all the good of the off-season

Missing out on a QB who is not guaranteed to succeed in the NFL undoes what has been done to this point?  Melodramatic much?

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Who owns the #3 pick then. I might have lost you on your post here?

"This ain’t Madden.  You can’t force the colts to trade out of the top 10 if they don’t want to."

They didn’t trade out of the top 10.  They have the 6th pick now.

With the Bills they’d have the 12th.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't like the timing of it. The day after Rosen's pro day. I'm afraid it sends a message that's their guy. And I really don't want him in any other colors than Blue and Red.

Thats a good point. They probably said weve seen enough and were on the phone last night. I wanted rosen so bad. This really sucks

Jets gave up an awful lot to get there.  Glad that wasn't us.  Beane isn't going to overpay.  I'm completely OK with this.  We aren't making knuckleheaded decisions. Can't believe how many people are melting down right now.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Read my other post.

How long you been watching the Bills? They've drafted top players at other positions where has it gotten them?

Bills drafts have been horrible, we all know. It hasn't been Beane. Saints (Ditka) traded a whole draft for Ricky Williams. How'd that work out? Nothing is for certain, typically. All I know is overpaying and panicking keeps a team mediocre at best. We traded for Rob Johnson, we traded up for Losman, we thought Trent Edwards would work because Bill Walsh said so. Nothing is a guarantee, so why overpay?

5 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I do not know why you would trade to 3rd 6 weeks out.  The jets are making desperate moves.  I am not sure they even have a Qb in mind they just want one.  Buffalo has to assume Darnold or Allen is 1.  No reason to move to 2 until you know your QB will be there.   

This ^^^^ 

18 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

We’re not trading for the Giants pick now.  If Beane wouldn’t pay the price for the 3rd pick there is no way he’s going to get raped to move up to the 2nd pick.  T

Not necessarily true. Beane might only like two QBs at the top of the draft. If that is the case you can't trade up to #3. Jets are basically telling everyone that they have a top 3 that they like regardless of the order the QBs are taken. I still think we got to try to get to #7 or #8 or possibly #4 to make trading with the Giants for #2 more attractive. Giants might not want to fall all the way to #12 regardless of what we are offering to give up.

Just now, Success said:

They didn’t trade out of the top 10.  They have the 6th pick now.

With the Bills they’d have the 12th.

They were willing to move back and did. If the Bills offered up 12, 22 and our 2nd's it had to be a done deal IMO with the amount of holes the Colts have.

I am sure the Colts shopped the pick and the Bills were aware of what it would take to get that pick over the Jets - and did not feel it was worth it. At this point, I will trust their judgment and wait to see what they do.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Facts are difficult things for you.  I understand.

What QB's have gone to the Superbowl out of the AFC the last 15 years?

It's cherry picking, don't be a !@#$ing moron.

You really come across as stupid. Have you ever taken a college level statistic class? You really don't need to to understand outliers and things of that nature, but you apparently struggle with the concept.

Man, I really hope this means we've got something in place for #2.

I really worry about this being a repeat of the Big Ben draft, we supposedly try hard to move up, can't, then overdraft some bum later in the 1st.

I think there's a better than decent chance the Giants sober up and just take Rosen for themselves.

I see TBD is on suicide watch. No surprise there. You can't literally give up ANYTHING to get to the top, there has to be a ceiling. Who knows, maybe we think Jackson or Rudolph aren't that far off as prospects from the top QBs. Beane has been saying all week he likes his picks and has a plan if we don't trade up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2