Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

10 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

And we know the Jets want the same guy as the Bills, right?   If Beane really wants to get to #2 it'll be expensive but should be possible.   Trust the process, back away from the ledge.

I'm guessing similar to when Goff and Wentz came out we probably like two guys at minimum in this draft. Eagles traded up to #2 knowing they would get one of the two and that was fine with them. 

Just now, Ittakestime said:

Quit being so dramatic.  Besides Darnold, these guys are all mushed together with concerns.  There is zero reason to give up everything to get a guy with concerns.

I don't know how old you are but history has a freaking interesting way of repeating itself. I was being just as dramatic when we settled for Losman and everyone called me an idiot. 

Just now, TheTruthHurts said:

Depends on demand. It's possible Bills and Jets fought for pick 3. Pick 2 would have similar value. But if Buffalo wasn't willing to do that for 3, they likely won't for 2.

But if I'm the Giants I never take what Jets paid for 3. Bills would have to give me more. The cost is 4 high draft picks. Two first and two seconds.

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

But if I'm the Giants I never take what Jets paid for 3. Bills would have to give me more. The cost is 4 high draft picks. Two first and two seconds.

Yep. We are talking franchise QB. No price is too much, but you have to be right.

Edited by TheTruthHurts
  • Like (+1) 2

Jets will not look good if the Giants trade out of the second pick and the team that makes the trade selects the QB the Jets wanted.  Must be that they are fine with any of the top three QBs (Darnold, Rosen and Allen?) or have a firm understanding that the Giants will not be trading the pick.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

If Beane whiffs on a QB this year he should be fired, I don’t care what else he does.  This is really it - he has the amunition and there is no excuse.  His predecessor was too tentative about the QB position and got canned. 

Ah, no. No he should not.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Fetou said:

Something tells me if the Giants were trying to trade out of #2, the Jets would have aimed for that. I have a strong feeling that the Giants are taking a QB.

Or the Giants know the Bills have offered a better deal than the Jets could have. For the Jets, if they love 3 QBs, this gets them one.

• Like (+1) 1