Jets just traded with Colts for #3 pick in first round

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This reminds me of 2004 when the Bills were going to draft Rothlisburger and Pittsbugh took him two spots before us.    Grrrrrrr....

I still remember that day...that was back in the day when the draft started early on saturday and rnds 1 thru 4 i think were drafted.  I really thought we were getting big ben.  

14 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If Beane whiffs on a QB this year he should be fired, I don’t care what else he does.  This is really it - he has the amunition and there is no excuse.  His predecessor was too tentative about the QB position and got canned. 

What if the Giants are asking for a ridiculous amount of picks ? Should he still do it no matter what it cost ? Because if the QB Beane picks is a bust ( you know there's no refund right ? ) 

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

That is exactly what we are going to hear.  

Where is the evidence of Beane being gun shy to make a deal? Maybe he already has a deal made with NYG? Maybe didn't want to pay the price to move to 3 if they are looking at BM? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yep.

It won't be an excuse but some will flock to their defense if that does happen. TWO YEARS IN A ROW they would have passed on QBs. 

We had your boy Tyrod last year and needed to shore up the secondary. Mahomes still has proven nothing...

• Like (+1) 1

i think we screwed the jets over thats why they gave up so many picks. swap 1st and both 2nds and next years 2nd cuz they were afraid of us moving to number 3.  We didnt want to budge with the colts and the jets were getting nervous.  We are okay guys just calm down.

Just now, Commonsense said:

Where is the evidence of Beane being gun shy to make a deal? Maybe he already has a deal made with NYG? Maybe didn't want to pay the price to move to 3 if they are looking at BM? 

No there can only be panic and death. This board is pathetic sometimes.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Which would be terrible.

They would've have passed on opportunity to draft QBs TWO YEARS IN A ROW which is grounds for termination in the NFL given our QB situation.

Giants need to be the target and they need to do what they need to do to get the pick. 

Some people never learn. The Bills have drafted well throughout the draft. Where has it got them? NO WHERE. Why? Because they ignore the most important position in QB. 

I'd be shocked if McBeane repeat the same and they'll be headed down the inevitable road of unemployment.

Would you stop with this nonsensical crap about them getting fired if they don't pick a QB you happen to like?  You're like a broken record.

There are six guys that could go round 1, and if you read the crap thrown around on this site as well as other bloggers and journalism guys, all of whom share the common trait that they don't have near the amount of data the Bills do, everyone of these 6 guys is either going to be Gods answer to prayers for a QB or they completely stink.

they are going to make the best decision they can.  If they want to move to the top thinking there's a guy they have to have, they can.  If they think there guy can be had at 12 they can.  Or at 22 they can.

everyone needs to stop with the nonsense about how they have to do this or that.  To remind everyone, 3 of the 4 QBs in the championship games were Foles, Keenum, and Bortles.  Not exactly studs.

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Or the Giants were saying F U to their crosstown rivals.

Doubt it.  The feelings are not that harsh in the business side of the NFL.  A division rival maybe but even then there are examples of division rivals doing business such as when we traded for Bennett and Bledsoe although I will concede that Bledsoe was a trap laid by BB.

- If they were trading up then why did they sign McCown and Bridgewater? Not to mention they also have Petty and Hackenberg.

- Bills are screwed and have to trade up to 2 now. No choice. There will be 4 QB's taken in the top 5

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Florio is suggesting he knows that the Bills would’ve made the move to 3 if the Jets didn’t - the Colts forced the Jets to make the trade now.

Again, if Beane screws up this draft he should be out.  They (McD) screwed up last year’s draft but lucked out.  Two in a row means you’re fired.

This is Beane's first draft

1 minute ago, Putin said:

What if the Giants are asking for a ridiculous amount of picks ? Should he still do it no matter what it cost ? Because if the QB Beane picks is a bust ( you know there's no refund right ? ) 

It doesn't matter. If he stays at 12 and drafts a qb bust he's probably done as well.

28 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

wait... that’s all the Jets gave up????

Yikes.  Come on Beane, you’re better than them!

You're only able to say this because they just needed a move of three spots to get to 3. It's no indicator of how little the Bills would have had to give up to move to 3 from the 12 spot.