Dolphins Release C Mike Pouncey - Signed by the Chargers

9 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

What are the fins doing? 

Next is Tannehill.

Miami Dolphins address contracts for big-name players to get under salary cap

March 14, 2018 04:25 PM

Updated March 14, 2018 09:05 PM

The Miami Dolphins have spent the day creating cap space

The Miami Dolphins have spent the day creating cap space so the team could be well under the $177.2 million salary cap at 4 p.m. Wednesday, when the new league year began around the NFL.

The Dolphins have cleared over $17.8 million in cap space in the last 24 hours through contract restructures.

It means the Dolphins most definitely plan to have Tannehill on the roster this year (we knew that) and the cost of cutting him in the next couple of years just got steeper.

Cutting Tannehill in 2019 would save the Dolphins around $15.4 million instead of the $18.7 million originally scheduled while the dead money such a move would leave rises from $2.3 million to $5.6 million.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

This is a perfect fit. We lost our center, a good one just became available. He has connection/friendship to one of our players (Richie) which is great recruiting tool, he is young (28 yr old), and he will want to beat up on his old team twice a year. 

Get er done Beane!

Any idea what the price tag would be on him?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Acattack15 said:

This is a perfect fit. We lost our center, a good one just became available. He has connection/friendship to one of our players (Richie) which is great recruiting tool, he is young (28 yr old), and he will want to beat up on his old team twice a year. 

Get er done Beane!

Any idea what the price tag would be on him?

$10 mil/yr

I don't like him, but this is a good fit. Good with Richie and played for Daboll in 2011, along with Charles Clay. And no comp pick. I wouldn't hate it. 

I'm guessing he goes to the Bucs and Ali Marpet moves back to guard. Could see the Giants too. 

I kind of hope this takes some suitors away from Ryan Jensen so we can swoop in.