Trade Dion Dawkins

A quality left tackle with 3 years left on his rookie deal is worth a high 1st round pick.  Maybe not #2 overall, but if Giants asked for Dawkins I wouldn't give up more than a 2nd round pick and Dawkins for #2.  And I'd have to be pretty damn sure Glenn is gonna get healthy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lmao!

48 minutes ago, Mickey said:

giphy.gif

I like this. ..for several reasons ?

55 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Even the flat-earther thinks this idea is implausible... :lol:

Im not really a flat earther

But, what if? No doubt we get lied to...like, ej was gonna be good. Jp...meh. Oh, and my favorite,  john McCargo lmao

Ps...good form, and On ? !!

Edited by BuffAlone

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

I know some will say that's ridiculous, but he could be the key to getting a franchise QB.

Glenn is worth more to the Bills than any other team.  We know how good he is and we have spent the time healing his foot.

The LT draft prospects are not good this year.  There is a good chance Dawkins would be a first round pick this year.

If the Giants wanted Dawkins and both firsts, would you do it?  I know I absolutely would.  I may be more confident than others that Glenn will come back and be good again, but I need a QB bad right now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

McBeane has made it clear that they plan to build this team through the draft, so they're not going to trade away one of their very first draft picks. Especially not a guy they jumped up in the second round to get. 

Also... c'mon man.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobChalmers said:

Let me the first to agree with part of your statement while proving your first assertion explicitly:

Your idea is ridiculous.

So go read the thread about Glenn's trade value - for a quick recap, he's still broken until proven otherwise, so...

YOUR PLAN INVOLVES (potentially) HAVING NO decent OTs

Gosh, I'd love to bring a rookie QB in to that mess.

It is much easier to fix OL or any other position then a ( franchise QB ) so if McBean believes that there's a potential franchise QB in this draft , I hope he does what ever it takes and if we have to give a player or two so be it

( I didn't even care who the 2 players are )  

building a great defense is one thing, but can we truly start rebuilding an offense from scratch/ draft without having the main component that it should be built around?  

No....just No. 

This team has a number of holes to fill and Dawkins has shown he has the ability to be a franchise LT, and on a Rookie contract....you don't trade that away. If you're going to trade someone, as I'm sure others have already said I don't need to read previous comments to surmise this, you trade Glenn. 

Personally, I would rather not trade either of them, but if it has to be one of them, then it's Glenn....no question.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

McBeane has made it clear that they plan to build this team through the draft, so they're not going to trade away one of their very first draft picks. Especially not a guy they jumped up in the second round to get. 

Also... c'mon man.

Really? Are you really sure ? To be honest it wouldn't surprise if we trade anyone on our roaster including the rookies , 

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

But you wrote it out anyway. Bravo sir

Because I understand what it takes to be a consistent winner and understand that you need to give to get.  Sorry but I am trading a good LT for a chance at a franchise QB.  Can't believe how many people wouldn't after watching Brady chew us apart all these years.

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

I know some will say that's ridiculous, but he could be the key to getting a franchise QB.

Glenn is worth more to the Bills than any other team.  We know how good he is and we have spent the time healing his foot.

The LT draft prospects are not good this year.  There is a good chance Dawkins would be a first round pick this year.

If the Giants wanted Dawkins and both firsts, would you do it?  I know I absolutely would.  I may be more confident than others that Glenn will come back and be good again, but I need a QB bad right now.

This stupidity is getting old...really old.

27 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Also... c'mon man.

lol....you got this blacklable.

It is very hard to tell who the Bills FO likes or not as they seem to trade or dump players for no apparent reason time after time after time, but you can dam well be sure Dawkins and Tre White are at the bottom of the list of players they would be willing to trade. They are All Pros, young, on cheap rookie contracts, get the process, humble, high character guys. The lynchpin poster children for what McDerma/Beane wants to do.

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

22 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

No....just No. 

This team has a number of holes to fill and Dawkins has shown he has the ability to be a franchise LT, and on a Rookie contract....you don't trade that away. If you're going to trade someone, as I'm sure others have already said I don't need to read previous comments to surmise this, you trade Glenn. 

Personally, I would rather not trade either of them, but if it has to be one of them, then it's Glenn....no question.

So your telling me that ( for example of course)  we have the deal with the Giants / Colts in place the only issue they want Dawkins instead of Glenn and McBean says no and walks away from trade deal ?  Because I guess Dawkins is more important to the team and would be so much harder to replace that McBean would just walk away from a chance of FINALLY  getting our potential franchise QB !!!   

17 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Because I understand what it takes to be a consistent winner and understand that you need to give to get.  Sorry but I am trading a good LT for a chance at a franchise QB.  Can't believe how many people wouldn't after watching Brady chew us apart all these years.

+1

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Dawkins is going to start at RT next season and Glenn is going no place.The luxury we have with Dawkins is the fact he excelled on both sides.Having two top notch T's gives us the chance to get the TE involved more than ever..check out the play calls from the new former 'Bama OC...he loves his TE's to be involved in the passing game Instead of laying back to help out a T that struggles to challenge weak side Lb's.

Who cares about getting TE involved when you have a QB that can't consistently throw the ball.

30 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Omg for the love of God please stop

It’s like pop-a-mole....it will never stop! 

On either side of any issue. THAT is the beauty of this whole thing!  

As much as I hate hypothetical trade ideas with no basis in reality, everyone is available (except a Franchise QB), in the hunt for a Franchise QB. The bottom line is the price. You can say 21 and 22 AND Dawkins is too much. How about Dawkins and 22 and a 3rd? I’m not suggesting that is even possible, just that at some point it’s an easy decision for your QB pick at #2. 

Oh, did I mention how much I hate hypothetical trade talks? 

49 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Try and apply a little critical thinking to your hypothesis.

1. Dawkins gone via trade

2. Top-tier QB acquired

3. Cordy Glenn is your blind side protector.

4. After two games Cordy's reoccurring ankle and knee problems show their face again.

5. Cordy goes to IR

6. Team moves Jordan Mills to left tackle.

7. Starts a rookie at RT.

8. First game Mills gets beat repeatedly.

9. Your shiny new QB gets destroyed.

10. You ruin another QB and set the franchise back many many years through your unorthodox team building methods.

This idea is so f'ing ludicrous even Matt Millen thinks you should be beaten like a red-headed stepchild.

You build your lines before you start mortgaging the future to draft one guy.  Our Oline and Dline are a mess.  I hope Beane either stays where he is or trades back and acquires more picks.  I want a franchise QB just as bad as everyone else. But if we don't fix the offensive line its not going to matter who we take.  They are going to get destroyed and may never recover.  Just look at Trent Edwards. It is no accident that Bill Walsh liked him and pretty much guaranteed he would be a successful QB.  You could see it.  He was going to be a good one.  Then he got friggin' smoked in Phoenix and that guy was forever gone and Captain Checkdown was born.

Just put down the crack pipe son.

• Like (+1) 1