Richard Sherman - 3ry deal with 49ers

jeremy laneVerified account @StayingInMyLane
FollowFollow @StayingInMyLane
That text message got my heart hurting ... damn 25 was my Dawg #WhatsNext

Geoff SchwartzVerified account @geoffschwartz
FollowingFollowing @geoffschwartz
Unless the Seahawks secondary is trolling everyone, it seems that Richard Sherman has been released or traded.

Adam SchefterVerified account @AdamSchefter 43s44 seconds ago

And now it’s done: 49ers and CB Richard Sherman reached agreement tonight on a three-year deal, source tells ESPN.

Edited by Reed83HOF

Chris Mortensen Retweeted jeremy lane

Richard Sherman's future in Seattle is on the brink. Clearly, the Seahawks are in midst of doing roster makeover after all the coaching changes.

There were whispers of a Sherman trade last week, but nothing concrete.

2 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

#Seahawks CB Richard Sherman has told teammates goodbye over the past 24 hours, sources say, and that he won’t be on the team. Those close to him say nothing is set in stone and there has been no official word. But clearly bears watching.

The Bears are watching?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let me see if I understand...no one wants to use a 1st round pick to draft a CB because of other needs, but some want to sign a CB coming off an Achilles tear, who is soon to be on the wrong side of 30, and if he hits the open market, will be looking for $$$.  

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Let me see if I understand...no one wants to draft a CB because of other needs, but some want to sign a CB coming off an Achilles tear, who is soon to be on the wrong side of 30, and if he hits the open market, will be looking for $$$.  

Who said that they don't want to draft a CB because of other needs?  CB is still a need on this team, and is one of the premium positions in the league

0% chance he is a Bill.  We just signed Davis, and he will have a plethora of team interest that don't have Buffalo weather or QB question marks.  He isn't going to go to a team that he doesn't feel has the QB settled IMO.  He has been plenty vocal in the past about these things.  Not to mention, Beane wont give him the contract others will given his age, coming off bad injury, and already having Tre and Davis.  Our secondary is pretty good already.  Beane is gonna spend cap space at other spots before he would give a big contract to someone like Sherman right now.

I dont say that because I dont think Bills are a legit landing spot, because I think they are for Free Agents right now.  I say that because of the options he will have that will be more attractive at the moment for what he will likely be looking for.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Who said that they don't want to draft a CB because of other needs?  CB is still a need on this team, and is one of the premium positions in the league

I meant using 21 or 22 on a CB.

I edited my post. 

Edited by LabattBlue

Yea I don’t even want them to delve into the box that is Richard Sherman. Too high maintenance, too old, too injured, too expensive. Those are 4 HUGE no’s. I assume Beane & McDermott feel similarly so I’m not worried. 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I want what we feel is the top QB in the draft, after that...don't matter as much, fill the roster on up CB, DB, ODB, OBJ I don't give a f-

I think he'll be released rather than traded. His contract isn't great, so, no one will want to take that contract on for a 29 year old CB with a decline in his play along with his Achilles injury. They would gain 11+ million in cap space by doing so. 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I meant using 21 or 22 on a CB.

I edited my post. 

I assumed that's what you meant--and I'm not saying that others haven't said as much, just that I haven't seen it.  And for the record, I disagree with it.

Welcome to the 49ers then Sherman.

If Sherman is out, he will be a 49er soon.  They have the cap room, home town reunion, and need DB help.  Makes way too much sense, not to mention, the insight on a divisional rival.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

Albert BreerVerified account @AlbertBreer 23s23 seconds ago
Just asked Seahawks CB @RSherman_25 what's happening. He said there's "nothing" to report. "Just having a conversation with management."

and because I just found this funny:

Conor Orr Retweeted
Jason Puckett @JasonPuckett20 1m1 minute ago
Sherman is meeting with Mueller

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If Sherman is out, he will be a 49er soon.  They have the cap room, home town reunion, and need DB help.  Makes way too much sense, not to mention, the insight on a divisional rival.  

Yup.  The 9ers should also be the favorites to land Allen Robinson.  Pair he and Jimmy together for years to come.

I'm hopeful for Buffalo's future, but also jealous of SF's situation. 

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Welcome to the 49ers then Sherman.

SF would make a lot of sense.  Perhaps GB wouldn't be as snug a fit, but I think there'd be mutual interest there as well

• Like (+1) 2