Rapaport: Bills won’t cut Tyrod, fine with paying 6 mill bonus

YoloinOhio

Just now, John from Hemet said:

I still dont think we are going to

nothing personal against the man. i mean, by all accounts he is upstanding and his work ethic is very good. i just can't sit/stand through another season of yelling at him to throw the damn ball. and i do think a 10mm contract is very tradeable.

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Tyrod and Lamar Jackson?

I'd be ok with this if Jackson is accurate. I never saw him play but I dread the thought of drafting a QB who can't throw a 20 yd flat pass.

Edited by 1st&ten

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

They aren't drafting Lamar Jackson. Polian still has the ear of Pegula. I'm sure Pegula asked him his thoughts on QB's and he told him that Jackson is a WR. I heard the Bills are trying to trade up in hopes that Josh Allen drops but imo there's absolutely no way he gets out of the top 6.

They are just fronting with Tyrod. They desperately want to trade him but teams probably think they will cut him so why give up anything. So it's smart that they are now putting it out there that they are willing to keep him which is of course nonsense. Worst case, they pay him $6 mil and nobody wants to trade so then they cut him. I'm sure someone will at least give up a late round pick though. Hes an ok veteran QB under contract for $10 mil. That's cheap!

Peterman, is that you? Where have you been? Femdom keep you locked up for a while this time?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

They aren't drafting Lamar Jackson. Polian still has the ear of Pegula. I'm sure Pegula asked him his thoughts on QB's and he told him that Jackson is a WR. I heard the Bills are trying to trade up in hopes that Josh Allen drops but imo there's absolutely no way he gets out of the top 6.

They are just fronting with Tyrod. They desperately want to trade him but teams probably think they will cut him so why give up anything. So it's smart that they are now putting it out there that they are willing to keep him which is of course nonsense. Worst case, they pay him $6 mil and nobody wants to trade so then they cut him. I'm sure someone will at least give up a late round pick though. Hes an ok veteran QB under contract for $10 mil. That's cheap!

i've heard they want nothing to do with allen. i've also heard that some teams don't even have him on their first round board. 

36 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Anyone but the extremists realizes that this is a prudent course.  You don't make a change at QB just for the sake of it because it can always be worse. 

That's what happened in 2013 ...

34 minutes ago, McBean said:

Another great reason to turn off the TV on Sundays in 2018 to spend time with family.

I can’t watch another Bills game with Tyrod Taylor under center.

Cya, dude.

25 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Russell Wilson has. 

And he was short to boot.

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

We won't have a better QB on the roster by the time his bonus is due either. 

I actually wonder if the Bills are willing to eat the $6 million to increase Taylor's trade value. 

I really don't think the Bills are likely to trade Taylor unless they were to make a deal with Cleveland for the #4 pick with Taylor as their bridge QB.

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

I'm definitely ok with taking Jackson in the draft if he's still available for us. I understand why Tyrod can't be cut RIGHT NOW. He will be eventually. I hate Tyrod's game, too. So what that Vick and Randall Cunningham can't win the big thing? It's a team game. I just want a QB who can consistently convert 3rd downs with his arm. Tyrod is definitely NOT the guy who can do that. I don't wanna hear about his TD/INT ratio. That's crap.

Four things : 

• Yeah. I admit it. I'm here to see some people's heads explode. It's not the most noble sentiment, but there you have it.
  • As a consolation : This is still probably posturing for a trade. Despite the delusions of many, Taylor is a player with a great deal of value. Yet the Bills' organization has done everything possible to destroy any chance of value from him. Whether this is just posturing, or an actual take-the-consequences decision, the team is playing catch up for their own bungling.
  • If it's true, good for Tyrod.
  • As for the post above, it's funny to see the bolded comment. Isn't it amazing how frequently disdain for TT trips over basic facts? Below is a analysis from mid-November : 

"The last thing I want to address, and hopefully dispel, is this third down conversion thing I have heard quite a bit about, and how Taylor cannot do it.

First of all, on third downs on which the Bills elect to pass, they average the second most yards to go, 8.67 – now, before you blame this on Taylor, too, the Bills also rank second to last in the NFL with only 194 pass plays on first and second down – yet, they convert on 38.5 percent of third downs, which ranks a respectable 10th, all things considered.

As for Taylor on third downs, he ranks third in completion percentage at 67.1, just ahead of Carson Wentz and Tom Brady, ninth in third down conversions, with 37, and eighth in third down conversion rate, at 43.5 percent, and let's remember, the Bills, due largely to their run game, are in the second-to-worst position to convert on third down on a pass play, averaging a third-and-8.67, when they elect to throw."

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/16/stats-wizard-a-by-the-numbers-look-at-bills-quarterback-tyrod-taylor/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Terry Pegula hired Beane to make personnel decisions.  Please stop with this foolishness. 

That's a nice thought. If you put your life savings into a business and hired a manager to run things and someone in the business that you admire told you not to hire someone you wouldn't tell the manager not to hire them?

I know for a fact that Pegula and Polian talk on the phone often. They are looking for a QB. I'm sure they have discussed it and Pegula will be relaying his thoughts to Beane. If you want to know Pegulas message to Beane then tune in to NFL Live on ESPN to see what Polian has to say

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather Peterman starts the entire 2018 season, than see Tyrod start another game for the bills 

So you would rather see the Bills throw 50 interceptions in a season and crush the NFL record. *

*With Peterman's 10% interception rate,  extrapolating to a full season with ~500 attempts means 50 interceptions.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So they want to pay the bonus to make it easier to trade?

Bills will not cut Taylor without a replacement

Of course, eating $6 million just for the sake of it isn't ideal for a team that is already climbing out of the salary cap mess created by the old regime. At this stage, in late February, it makes sense for the Bills to let teams know Taylor is available for trade. It makes even more sense to not say they are planning to cut him. That helps his trade value. The question is whether teams that are interested in Taylor are going to believe the Bills or wait until March 16 to see if the Bills part ways with Taylor. 

Once again, Taylor's future in Buffalo is far from a clear picture entering the offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather Peterman starts the entire 2018 season, than see Tyrod start another game for the bills 

Boy, you sure do like that Peter, man.

17 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:lol:

If we had ANYONE else under center in that Jacksonville game, we'd have won. But ok. He's just "not good enough."

Here's the test to gauge if your Taylor hate is Burn-Away-the-Cerebral-Cortex pure :

Nate Peterman ?!?!

Please, sir, don't let me down.

It's been a long day and I deserve a good laugh........

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i've heard they want nothing to do with allen. i've also heard that some teams don't even have him on their first round board. 

He shouldn't be picked as high as he will but best believe some teams will have him as not only the #1 QB but also the #1 player in the draft. If he starts falling teams will be tripping over themselves to move up to get him.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/02/nfl-draft-josh-allen-crossbar-50-yards-arm-strength

51 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

So was Vick.  So was Randall Cunningham.  How many Super Bowls did they win in the NFL?

So you wouldn’t take Randall Cunningham or Michael Vick in their primes?  But I’m SURE you’d take Jimbo or Dan Marino right? How many Super Bowls did they win? Oh that’s right.

Qbs don’t win Super Bowls on their own.  Never once has it happened nor will it ever happen.  

47 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Oh wow....really?

Michael Vick in his younger days was a number 1 overall pick who practically carried his team.....we would not take that here?

Randall Cunningham was also a fine QB

There are only like ZERO QBs in the entire NFL that can do it all without help....you think we are gonna find a for sure one of them out of this draft?

Come on man....live in reality

Fixed

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

keep in mind, it is only february. a long time until the 52 man roster is set in stone. no need to be that extreme as to think this regime will fail, yet.

give it some time man.

I am ready to jump man. OBD stupid ways of the constant backup QBs does nothing but get all the staffs fired over and over again. If they keep Tyrod another season it wasn't Whaleys QB purgatory it was OBDs.

I hear ya it's early but sadly I have been expecting this stupid garbage to continue  the entire time with this new staff when Tyrod was brought back last season. Hey maybe OC#4 or 5.  SMH

Edited by xRUSHx

32 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:lol:

If we had ANYONE else under center in that Jacksonville game, we'd have won. But ok. He's just "not good enough."

He’s not good enough, no doubt.....but, ANYONE wouldn’t have won us that game.  I get your sentiment, but making up things that can never be proven is a bad way to get your point across.

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Was that the wish you in a corn field one? the little boy that all had to suck up to?

It's a Good Life 

Episode aired 3 November 1961

On an isolated family farm, a young boy with vast mental powers, but lacking emotional development, holds his terrified family in thrall to his every juvenile wish.

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

For the record, this is what won me over for Jackson. I think that taking him with 22 and Vita Vea at 21 is a fine way to go. I like Jackson's upside as opposed to Rudolph. 

https://www.cover1.net/scouting-report-qb-lamar-jackson-louisville/

If we got Vea and Jackson that would be amazing.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

I am ready to jump man. OBD stupid ways of the constant backup QBs does nothing but get all the staffs fired over and over again. If they keep Tyrod another season it wasn't Whaleys QB purgatory it was OBDs.

I hear ya it's early but sadly I have been expecting this stupid garbage to continue  the entire time with this new staff when Tyrod was brought back last season. Hey maybe OC#4 or 5.  SMH

Massive roster turnover. Brand new coaching staff..... and then playoffs in the first year. And you are “ready to jump”. Good lord. 

The stupidity of your posts never gets old. You just keep coming up with new ways of amazing me with how awful it is. I literally care nothing about how harsh or jerkish that may come off. you are just absolutely RIDICULOUS.

It it doesn’t matter who the vet qb is next year as long as they draft their guy this spring. I dunno how you can’t grasp that concept. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

For the record, this is what won me over for Jackson. I think that taking him with 22 and Vita Vea at 21 is a fine way to go. I like Jackson's upside as opposed to Rudolph. 

https://www.cover1.net/scouting-report-qb-lamar-jackson-louisville/

Taking a QB at 22 is a karmic death sentence.  If this front office takes a QB at 22, we should burn them at the stake.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1