Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

and it's just a guess of yours that he'll be fine.

My suggestion is simply let's make sure he's 100% before jumping for joy over the possibility of Luck coming to the Bills.

piss on your own parade man. seriously, at this point it's nothing more than speculation but nothing wrong with thinking of it coming to fruition?

long off season, no need to be a downer. then again, from what I've seen in most of your posts, is downer, your MO.

I do agree however, which would be common sense to those in charge of handling the deal, is making sure he is cleared to play, obviously.

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Well then hell, let's get Manning to unretire!

we're talking luck over here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Well then hell, let's get Manning to unretire!

Certainly not the year he won the Super Bowl

Ok thats because he was old and at the end of his career, he had 3 phenomenal seasons with denver after they signed him and he was "damaged goods"

17 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

lol Manning had an all-time great defense to win games for him and Brees wasn't hurt nearly as bad as Luck is. 

Manning went to Denver at age 36.  Luck is 28.  P. Manning gave the Broncos three great seasons (one historic where he threw for 5,477 yards) before his arm went at 39.  Damn you Brady.  You're not supposed to be this good.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Would you trade the farm for 2 decent years from a QB?

Cuz thats what happened when bledsoe came here. 

You dont trade that QB unless you think he cant contribute anymore.

Like you said if they wanna trade him then something is up...

Im good i dont need those problems if I can trade up and grab a top 3 QB in the draft...

Whats more expensive: trading up to 4 through 7  or getting Luck?

Except we didn't trade the farm for bledsoe.

We gave up what would be the 16th pick the following year.

The pats traded him because Brady just won a Superbowl, and they couldn't justify going back to drew, even though he had a couple years left in the tank.

He was 30 when they traded him.

He had 3 years with Buffalo.

Two were good (including a pro bowl trip)

One was meh.

He wanted to retire in Buffalo.

He was pissed when they released him so that JP Losman could be the starter.

There was no giving up the farm.

One mid first round pick was nothing.

He had another solid year in Dallas, then was benched the following year after 6 games for Romo.

Moving on, luck would probably cost the farm.

He's a huge risk, and as stated, no way Indy dumps him unless he's really not healthy.

The bledsoe situation was very unique, as was the Brees situation.

The luck one is pretty cut and dry though.

They'll want the farm, and it's buyer beware.

25 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You don't think the Bills medical staff wouldn't do a thorough physical? Check all his medical records?

You don't know that he won't return to his peak. It's just a guess on your part.

:lol::lol:

The bills medical staff is the ABSOLUTE LAST authority i would trust when it comes to evaluating player health.

Do we really need to go down the list?  

2 minutes ago, Worstcaseontario said:

Lol just lol if u dont like Luck to the bills, even if he had one arm hes probably better than any Qb we have had for the last 10 years

I don't know.  Jeff Tuel just didn't have the right coaches.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I don't think so. No team will give that much up for a QB that may never return to form. He's not even throwing yet.

Again, I said for the sake of argument let's say he's healthy. Was the first thing I said. Everything else kind of was said with that in mind. 

1 minute ago, FearLess Price said:

:lol::lol:

The bills medical staff is the ABSOLUTE LAST authority i would trust when it comes to evaluating player health.

Do we really need to go down the list?  

This is a fair point, but in this circumstance I'm sure they would consult the fancy European doctors that Luck saw while on IR. 

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

BADOL called this...

Wait till it happens.

6 minutes ago, Worstcaseontario said:

Lol just lol if u dont like Luck to the bills, even if he had one arm hes probably better than any Qb we have had for the last 10 years

And yet he couldn't beat the Bills. Weird.

4 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

The luck one is pretty cut and dry though.

They'll want the farm, and it's buyer beware.

Exactly.

The Bills medical team...

evaluating an injured player who missed a year and a half before they sign him...

At the most important position in football for a high price tag....

Nah im good. Lets draft one.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wait till it happens.

And yet he couldn't beat the Bills. Weird.

Don't forget we had a secret weapon in Percy Harvin. 

The website in the OP has some interesting articles. Most of them are wrong, though. They seemed pretty sure Duane Brown would be an Eagle. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

57 minutes ago, klos63 said:

If Luck is going to be traded, he will need to pass a most stringent physical.No team will trade for him unless they are absolutely certain he will be 100% healthy.  I can't see any scenario where the Colts would trade such a valuable player with conditions on return picks. If he is traded, it's to speed up a rebuild. The Colts would expect a lot, guaranteed , and they would get it.

Yes of course you are correct if he is a100 percent healthy and cleared by all drs. They would be fools otherwise. However if the Colts don’t see a full recovery in the near future conditional picks could come in play. Just my opinion

36 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

Exactly.

The Bills medical team...

evaluating an injured player who missed a year and a half before they sign him...

At the most important position in football for a high price tag....

Nah im good. Lets draft one.

Yeah.

I want nothing to do with him.

34 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Yes of course you are correct if he is a100 percent healthy and cleared by all drs. They would be fools otherwise. However if the Colts don’t see a full recovery in the near future conditional picks could come in play. Just my opinion

If a team was concerned that conditional picks do come into play, I would think the risk of being saddled with that contract for a player that couldn't play would end any trade talk.

54 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Again, I said for the sake of argument let's say he's healthy. Was the first thing I said. Everything else kind of was said with that in mind. 

Is that really a realistic scenario? Draft is in >3 months. Doesn't seem very likely to me. Even if he was throwing again, he would still be a huge ?.

6 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Hopefully Irsay is hitting the pills when Beane calls with his proposal of Tyrod Taylor and Cordy Glenn for Andrew Luck. 

They better hope Irsay is on a bender, because trading Luck for anything the Bills could offer would be the steal of this century (Cornelius Bennett was the steal of the last century).

6 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Agreed but in all seriousness, at this point it's a safer bet to stick with NP given his upside and his pretty similar to Luck in some ways. In fact for all the talk about NP's arm strength that was the only minor concern with Luck coming out of college and he's done just fine in the NFL.

They are both white and play Qb.  Even if Lucks shoulder is so bad they amputate his right arm, I would feel more comfortable with Luck throwing left hand than starting Peterman. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

If a team was concerned that conditional picks do come into play, I would think the risk of being saddled with that contract for a player that couldn't play would end any trade talk.

Take a good look at his contract and tell me if it’s not worth a 50/50.

47 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This is a fair point, but in this circumstance I'm sure they would consult the fancy European doctors that Luck saw while on IR. 

Yeah bro.

Like they consulted CAR on KBs knee issues....

Shaq Lawsons got a shoulder injury?? Great lets sign him with our 1st round pick.

Benjamin has an injured knee? Great lets trade for him

Sammys foot doesnt need surgery.....

weeks later Sammy to IR in a move that eventually leads to his trade.. 

Not too confident in this med staff.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Andrew Luck's injury is in his head.  Thank God Irsay doesn't own the Bills.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-irsay-told-tony-dungy-that-andrew-lucks-injury-is-inside-his-head/

Not saying Irsay is right but couldn't both of them be whack jobs?  American doctors aren't good enough for the generational talent?  He needs some Euro mumbo jumbo?

Yesterday on Sirius XM NFL Radio's Moving the Chains, Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller were talking with Dr. David Chao on the topic of Andrew Luck.  Miller, who had the same issue as Luck, along with Dr. Chao said with conviction that Andrew Luck's throwing program would take three months, which they say means if he is just now starting the throwing program, then the Colts will not know definitively that Andrew Luck's shoulder is okay, until AFTER the NFL draft ... and that if he experiences a setback, then surgery would be required which would put 2018 into question. So..... who knows??

8 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Agreed but in all seriousness, at this point it's a safer bet to stick with NP given his upside and his pretty similar to Luck in some ways. In fact for all the talk about NP's arm strength that was the only minor concern with Luck coming out of college and he's done just fine in the NFL.

?

4 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I just have a hard time getting overjoyed at the thought of a 29 year old (when the season starts) who is coming off a major injury when the Bills could probably use the same amount of Draft capital to get Rosen at 2....

That's what a lot of people thought about Manning and his neck injury. He went on to two Superbowls, winning one.

Guys can heal.

10 hours ago, JPP said:

Just saying.....if Luck is determined "healthy" why on earth would colts even entertain trading their franchise QB??

Well, after Irsay insinuated that Luck’s injury was in his head, maybe Luck wants out of there.