Andrew Luck to Bills speculation/chatter

YoloinOhio

LOL why are any of you actually wanting this to happen? We don't even know if Luck will ever be able to play football again. Even if he's cleared, there's no way he's going to be at his peak. Why go after damaged goods? So stupid. 

4 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

What's crazier?

1. The idea this is anywhere near possible?

2. The people who think this would be a bad thing for Buffalo if there was any chance of this happening?

My vote is with #2. I mean...

How could it be bad to tie up half our salary cap, a ton of draft picks and maybe even more for an injured QB that hasn't produced in the NFL?  I mean he was super hyped in college so that'll work.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

It's not happening and never even considered based on what I know.

Also do you think McDaniels would leave NE for a team without a franchise QB? He's not stupid especially after what happened in Denver with Tebowmania.

He’s no Peterman!     :)

I suppose someone, somewhere has to win the lottery.  

But I agree he probably took the job because the most important piece is in place. 

Edited by Augie

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I continue to be amazed at forum members with so much access to such diverse components involved in the operation of an NFL team. It's like the scouting department is tied into the pro personnel department is tied into all of the front office thinking on cap ramifications, trades, and other player movements. 

NOBODY in ANY organization, with the exception of a few highly placed front office people,  including ownership when they care to be apprised, is privy to everything going on in so many different facets of the business. 

You don’t know MY source! He speaks to me when I sleep....

Has it been mentioned that (I think) Kirby threw this out there? Is he catching fire here? 

56 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Honestly I've never understood the hype surrounding Luck.

He's not terrible but he's certainly not lived up to the lofty expectations that he was a 'once every 15 - 20 year' type of QB prospect coming out of college. Granted he's played on some crap teams in Indy so far in his career but I still wouldn't consider him an elite franchise QB.

And yet you are convinced Peterman is an elite talent at QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

Also do you think McDaniels would leave NE for a team without a franchise QB? He's not stupid especially after what happened in Denver with Tebowmania.

And, how do you know he isn't interested in drafting Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield and getting picks plus Cordy Glenn?

This has been my dream scenario the last few months. Luck to us would be heavenly. He would legit make us a SB contender. Luck to KB would be such a lethal combo and it would open up so many more running lanes for Shady. Plus we’d still have some draft capital to build around Luck. 

If it were to happen it could possibly be the best move the team has ever made and I dont see why it can’t happen. Ik it seems likely McDaniels came to Indy to have Luck but it wouldn’t surprise me if he wants to bring in his own guy. It was his first move in Denver although it didn’t work zebras dont change their stripes. Plus Indy could have 4 or more picks in the first 2 rounds and shed a lot of money. 

• Like (+1) 1

And with due respect, you do not have inside information.  I am not trying to trash you or any poster.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I highly doubt this happens.  And you'd have to be absolutely sure his shoulder is healed before thinking about it.

and I highly, highly, highly doubt anyone in this board has some source that can give them any information of any value.

...exactly....I'm probably wrong, but I don't see this gang surrendering that type of draft capital and assuming his contract with his long term health a unknown.....just a guess, but I think they find a vet for a two year bridge deal to mentor 1st round QB pick (another guess that it is Rudolph) and Peterman....maybe a guy like McCown or Stanton.........think they're committed to building through the draft and developing their own (plenty of holes to fill)....possible that the Smith tariff and duration negated that idea after Beane met with Condon....Cousins will be even higher.....unfortunately Bradford is a huge health question mark......Bridgewater purportedly said he will not sign with Vikes for back up money, but again a major health question.....Keenum may get Glennon+ type money to stay with Vikes.....just keep lookin'...............

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I would love it, be as others have pointed out, you would think that McDaniels wouldn't take that job if he was going to get rid of Luck.

If he was, that should be a red flag.

But man, I would still pull the trigger...I can fantasize, right?

...naw, McDaniels is taking the Colts job ONLY because of Jacoby Brissett, right??......:o............

God no. Please no. Stop being lazy OBD. Trade up and take your pick. Invest into the QB position.

Fill up the tank at QB. Sure were gonna spend more but it will be taken care of.

If we keep on trading for or signing other teams cast offs, its like were puttin $5 in the tank with have a pocket full of cash, we jus bullshtting.

Just now, FearLess Price said:

God no. Please no. Stop being lazy OBD. Trade up and take your pick. Invest into the QB position.

Fill up the tank at QB. Sure were gonna spend more but it will be taken care of.

If we keep on trading for or signing other teams cast offs, its like were puttin $5 in the tank with have a pocket full of cash, we jus bullshtting.

You're telling me you wouldn't pick up a 28 year old Andrew Luck if he's healthy?  It's not going to happen, but I would be ecstatic if that happened.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I continue to be amazed at forum members with so much access to such diverse components involved in the operation of an NFL team. It's like the scouting department is tied into the pro personnel department is tied into all of the front office thinking on cap ramifications, trades, and other player movements. 

NOBODY in ANY organization, with the exception of a few highly placed front office people,  including ownership when they care to be apprised, is privy to everything going on in so many different facets of the business. 

Privy you say?  Where's Whaley to expound upon this?

15 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

In what universe is Andrew Luck a castoff? You saw how bad that team is without him.

Seems like 1/3 of the comments in any thread that involves SaviorPeterman are created simply to pile on him for claims he makes. Maybe the percentage isn't that high, but it certainly feels like it. Do you guys care that much to lambaste him over every comment? Whether or not he's full of poo is irrelevant, the number of negative posts that are created in retaliation, in thread after thread, is ridiculous. Just ignore the guy. I like reading a discussion, but it's tiresome when every 3rd or 4th post quotes the dude in order to reinforce the fact he's not privy to anything. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JayBaller10 said:

Seems like 1/3 of the comments in any thread that involves SaviorPeterman are created simply to pile on him for claims he makes. Maybe the percentage isn't that high, but it certainly feels like it. Do you guys care that much to lambaste him over every comment? Whether or not he's full of poo is irrelevant, the number of negative posts that are created in retaliation, in thread after thread, is ridiculous. Just ignore the guy. I like reading a discussion, but it's tiresome when every 3rd or 4th post quotes the dude in order to reinforce the fact he's not privy to anything. 

Privy?  Such a infamous word in Bills' lore.

Lets just say for the sake of argument that he is healthy and he is made available. You're talking about having to give up picks and or players that would far exceed the Herschel Walker trade. Talking 2 possibly 3 firsts. Talking at least a second or 2...and likely a player or 2....plus change. If Alex Smith at 34 is worth a 3rd and a player...I shudder to think the asking price for a pocket passer, in his prime if he's healthy.

I could see McDaniels wanting to pick his own QB.  He has a huge ego.

ANDREW LUCK STATS

CAREER STATS
Year
Team
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

IND

IND

IND

IND

IND

Career

8 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I could see McDaniels wanting to pick his own QB.  He has a huge ego.

ANDREW LUCK STATS

CAREER STATS
Year
Team
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

IND

IND

IND

IND

IND

Career

We know how well that worked with Tebow. Wonder if they could be a darkhorse for Lamar Jackson ?

4 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

We know how well that worked with Tebow. Wonder if they could be a darkhorse for Lamar Jackson ?

They already have Luck and Brissett. Adding Jackson to the mix doesn't add up from my perspective. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1