Mike McCoy and Rob Chudzinski top 2 OC candidates per Alex Marvez

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

If it's Bevell we're keeping Tyrod.  

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

Absolute conjecture nonsense....listen to Beane's interview....he will Draft the QB he believes has all the tools and intangibles necessary to be an NFL QB, regardless of scheme...and then says to OC and coaches, you need to highlight strengths and minimize weaknesses....

Additionally, Bevell scouted and pounded the table to Draft Russell Wilson, and helped coach Favre to one of his best years in the NFL in the twilight of his career....if the guy comes here, he brings a wealth of QB knowledge and an ability to spot raw talent and even more, DEVELOP him...nothing about that says Tyrod. 

Well actually, I would NOT dismiss this as just conjecture, as there may be accuracies by both the comments here.  I think its possible that they might choose to keep Taylor as the Vet to keep the seat warm for whatever high draft pick we bring in at QB if we hire Bevell.  

To be clear, I am not advocating for Bevell or this strategy (he is not that high on my list because I think he always struggled maximizing his key players outside Wilson), but I don't think its out of the question and something to be automatically dismissed.  Personally, I dont think either person will be a Bill next year...not Bevell or TT.  But I also am not going to say there is no way it will happen either.  I think the guy is going to be Chud personally and they will either sign a Vet to pair with a 1st round QB or go hard after Cousins.  But if Bevell is the guy, I think it makes the TT situation a different conversation, but they will still draft a QB heir apparent in the draft even if they did keep him.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Well actually, I would NOT dismiss this as just conjecture, as there may be accuracies by both the comments here.  I think its possible that they might choose to keep Taylor as the Vet to keep the seat warm for whatever high draft pick we bring in at QB if we hire Bevell.  

That's all I'm saying exactly.  

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

To be clear, I am not advocating for Bevell or this strategy (he is not that high on my list because I think he always struggled maximizing his key players outside Wilson), but I don't think its out of the question and something to be automatically dismissed.  Personally, I dont think either person will be a Bill next year...not Bevell or TT.  But I also am not going to say there is no way it will happen either.  I think the guy is going to be Chud personally and they will either sign a Vet to pair with a 1st round QB or go hard after Cousins.  But if Bevell is the guy, I think it makes the TT situation a different conversation, but they will still draft a QB heir apparent in the draft even if they did keep him.

Is Bevell the one who called the pass on the goal line that the Pats*** intercepted to win the Super Bowl?

If so, I don't think that choice would go over so well right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I dont want to hire Bevell...already said multiple threads he is not the guy I want.  

But yes, that is a good question...and yes, doubt that goes over well.  Although, I feel like Pete took ownership of that call after the game, but I could be wrong.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I kind of expect it either way. Look, we know what Tyrod is. But even arguably some of the most successful rookie QBs from the past few years (Wentz, Goff, Mariota, Winston, Watson) either didn't start, or struggled in their first year. It's part of the process. Why go for big money with Chase Daniel, or Jay Cutler?

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yeah but they fired their HC. We may have a wink-nod agreement with him for when he gets let go. In the meantime I think we have to interview Rooney Rule candidates.

I though the Rooney Rule was for HC only ?

36 minutes ago, Putin said:

I though the Rooney Rule was for HC only ?

I think we covered this. I should not apply for an OC.

I am not sure about this Mike McCoy thinking. I mean, he would be better at running something like Dennison's system than Dennison, but I really don't like Denny's WCO system for our talent.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

If I'm truly going all in on anyone it's Jimmy G.  2 1st round picks be damned.  Suit him up and enjoy the trip to Foxboro for the next decade.

Jimmy G is a FA I believe? 

1 hour ago, Chadwick Bay Chad said:

The offer is out

is there a deadline on it?  

Chud can make steak out of minced meat. The guy fits the offense around the QB. That and he would feature TEs again in the O. I think McCoy or Dorsey are fine too. But the guy is super flex. Derek Anderson and Jacoby Brissett thrived in his systems. I feel like he could get the most out of a bridge QB and our drafted QB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Chudzinski

C

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I feel like it would be Shula. I like Shula, what he did with Cam and playcalling was very creative. We obviously have strong connections to the old Panthers guys.

....alleged knock against him in Carolina was that he showed no creativity with McCaffrey.......up the gut versus in space........IF true, how could you NOT exploit that kid's talent?...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

5 hours ago, PIZ said:

Isn't Chud still under contract with the Colts?

Usually when the head coach is fired, the rest of the staff is told they're free to pursue opportunities elsewhere because it is unknown who the new head coach willl be and the new coach when hired will be given the opportunity to hire his own staff.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dezertbill said:

Friend of mine is Seahawks fan.  He hated Bevell.  Horrible play caller.  Wilson had to save their A$$ so many times.

No fan base seems to like any coach.  Although, in Bevell's case, not running Marshawn from the one yard line had me not liking the dude either.  But there must be some redeeming qualities to him; Seahawks o line was a grease fire this season.  And part of Russell's game is running around, buying time, so I don't know if that should be a knock on Bevell.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Truth.  Which is why I don't want any bridge QBs.  If Beane goes Free Agency he should get a guy who can be "the guy".  That's Cousins or Bridgewater.  I'd prefer that to giving up all of their draft capital to move up for a lottery ticket; although I can understand why they might do that.   If they choose to draft the QB, let the young guy compete w/Peterman for the gig.  If it's a young guy they are likely running a ball control system again.  So just get the show on the road and let them learn on the job.

but whichever route they take, they HAVE TO address the front 7.

24 minutes ago, purple haze said:

No fan base seems to like any coach.  Although, in Bevell's case, not running Marshawn from the one yard line had me not liking the dude either.  But there must be some redeeming qualities to him; Seahawks o line was a grease fire this season.  And part of Russell's game is running around, buying time, so I don't know if that should be a knock on Bevell.

Truth.  Which is why I don't want any bridge QBs.  If Beane goes Free Agency he should get a guy who can be "the guy".  That's Cousins or Bridgewater.  I'd prefer that to giving up all of their draft capital to move up for a lottery ticket; although I can understand why they might do that.   If they choose to draft the QB, let the young guy compete w/Peterman for the gig.  If it's a young guy they are likely running a ball control system again.  So just get the show on the road and let them learn on the job.

but whichever route they take, they HAVE TO address the front 7.

Why are some people so high on Teddy Bridgewater? I must admit I haven't seen him play much at all, but when I did he didn't look all that great and his stats are nothing special? He also looks like too slight or fragile to me. Cousins on the other hand looks obviously like a nice option.

Edited by billrooter

Excited about the idea of Chud.  I'd hand him the keys to the offense and have McD focus on that defense with Frazier.  Two former head coaches with McD...I like that.  Chud could turn this offense around.  I don't care if he's hard to work with, we'll have a defensive coach that should stay out of the offense and let Chud do his job.  Really hoping that that happens.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billrooter said:

Why are some people so high on Teddy Bridgewater? I must admit I haven't seen him play much at all, but when I did he didn't look all that great and his stats are nothing special? He also looks like too slight or fragile to me. Cousins on the other hand looks obviously like a nice option.

He was pretty good his first 2 years before he injured his knee. 17-11 as a starter with 5 games of 300+ passing yards.  Not saying he's an all pro, but he still has youth on his side to improve.

• Like (+1) 2

Mike McCoy was 27th in total pts with 289 (Buffalo was 22nd with 302), 17th in yards per game with 324.1 (Buffalo was 29th with- 302.6), 20th in passing yards with 3,333 (Buffalo was 31st with 2,825), Denver was 12th in the league with 1,852 yards (Buffalo was 6th with 2,017)... I'm not a big fan of McCoy, doesn't seem like all that much of an upgrade from Dennison at all imo.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Mike McCoy was 27th in total pts with 289 (Buffalo was 22nd with 302), 17th in yards per game with 324.1 (Buffalo was 29th with- 302.6), 20th in passing yards with 3,333 (Buffalo was 31st with 2,825), Denver was 12th in the league with 1,852 yards (Buffalo was 6th with 2,017)... I'm not a big fan of McCoy, doesn't seem like all that much of an upgrade from Dennison at all imo.

He was let go before the season ended.. So Denver’s rankings aren’t all on McCoy

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Saddled with Osweiler and Siemian as his QBs.  Thanks Elway.