Mike McCoy and Rob Chudzinski top 2 OC candidates per Alex Marvez

YoloinOhio

15 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why the love for Chud? Without Luck was that Indy offence really any Good? I know it's a step up from Dennison, but I would rather see them take more then a couple of steps up.

I Saw another report that listed McCoy and Bevell as the top choices

If it's Bevell we're keeping Tyrod.  

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

But what does that really say about him other then he had bad players and couldn't do well with them? 

I'm not against him, just questioning why there's all this love for him? What has he really done to get it?

I'm completely being sarcastic.

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I don't agree with this.

$18 million dollar cap hit and $6 million dollar bonus to keep Taylor.  Beane specifically stated that the QB they're looking for must be able to throw from the pocket.

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

It's probably time for our inside source to chime in with a "if we can't get McCoy, we're going Chud" and "if we sign Chud, it's because McCoy said no".

He is already all in on McCoy, with Tice coming for OL.

Like someone else pointed out Chudzinski was the OC in Miami when Dorsey was there.

I’m sorry!!!! But there has to be a better QB coach than David Culley, who prior to this year was a QB coach- in 1982 At Middle Tennessee St and again from 1985-1988 at NW Louisiana....

I trust someone like Dorsey who has played at the highest level of College football and in the NFL plus been a Respected QB Coach in the league for 5 years now over Culley. Let him coach our new QB vs Culley, I mean “Come on Man!!!”

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Absolute conjecture nonsense....listen to Beane's interview....he will Draft the QB he believes has all the tools and intangibles necessary to be an NFL QB, regardless of scheme...and then says to OC and coaches, you need to highlight strengths and minimize weaknesses....

Additionally, Bevell scouted and pounded the table to Draft Russell Wilson, and helped coach Favre to one of his best years in the NFL in the twilight of his career....if the guy comes here, he brings a wealth of QB knowledge and an ability to spot raw talent and even more, DEVELOP him...nothing about that says Tyrod. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

Yep! Wasn't there something about his family not wanting to come to Buffalo ?

I personally think that will be a challenge unless they back up the brinks truck. It’s more his family than him but I think his daughter might be going to College next year which will help. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

Absolute conjecture nonsense....listen to Beane's interview....he will Draft the QB he believes has all the tools and intangibles necessary to be an NFL QB, regardless of scheme...and then says to OC and coaches, you need to highlight strengths and minimize weaknesses....

Additionally, Bevell scouted and pounded the table to Draft Russell Wilson, and helped coach Favre to one of his best years in the NFL in the twilight of his career....if the guy comes here, he brings a wealth of QB knowledge and an ability to spot raw talent and even more, DEVELOP him...nothing about that says Tyrod. 

Folks don’t understand, if the Bills keep Tyrod... season tickets go down and the min he loses fans will go crazy!!!

Why font fans understand he’s a .500 QB, lacks the mental side of the game and just can’t grasp how important anticipation is as a QB?!

Hes not coming back, nor will he ever be a #1 QB outside of Buffalo ever again.

1 minute ago, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

Wouldn't you choose the weather in SD over Buffalo plus a QB named Phillip Rivers definitely sexier job at the time.

I don’t think he interviewed or was offered  the Bills HC job in 2013. However the Chargers did want to interview Marrone but the Bills pulled the trigger before they could 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Chud's value isn't based on what he did with a shell of an O in Indy. It's because he took Cam as a rookie, who almost EVERYONE expected to be overrated, and helped him transition into a franchise QB from day 1. We can argue if Cam is really elite or not, but you can't dismiss the job Chud did with the kid and fits the mold for what we need right now.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he interviewed or was offered  the Bills HC job in 2013. However the Chargers did interview Marrone 

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/01/06/mccoy-interview-bills/17983/

McCoy and the Bills mutually decided Friday night to reschedule their interview. That won’t be necessary as the Bills went forward Saturday with hiring Syracuse coach Doug Marrone as their new head coach. Apparently if you want to lure someone to upstate New York, it’s a lot easier picking a candidate who was already there.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/01/06/mccoy-interview-bills/17983/

McCoy and the Bills mutually decided Friday night to reschedule their interview. That won’t be necessary as the Bills went forward Saturday with hiring Syracuse coach Doug Marrone as their new head coach. Apparently if you want to lure someone to upstate New York, it’s a lot easier picking a candidate who was already there.

So he didn’t choose SD over Buffalo, he never interviewed. That’s what I thought. Though i could see why he would. He DID choose Denver over Buffalo last year for the OC job, based on what was reported. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He had crap on a stick for QB in Cleveland and they actually were ok

13 minutes ago, Jamie Muellers Ghost said:

His wife wanted nothing to do with Buffalo

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

So he didn’t choose SD over Buffalo, he never interviewed. That’s what I thought. Though i could see why he would. He DID choose Denver over Buffalo last year for the OC job, based on what was reported. 

Yeah.

I remember the board getting excited at the potential of hiring McCoy.  I think it was reported he was McDermott's first choice.

2 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I wonder what Steve Fairchild is up to these days? Whatever it is I hope he stays there.

This is from wiki....he's coaching a minor league football team.

NFL[edit]

In 2001, Fairchild was hired by the Buffalo Bills to serve as running backs' coach. He left for the St. Louis Rams in 2003 where he served as an assistant offensive coordinator for three seasons, before returning to the Bills in 2006 for a season-and-a-half as the offensive coordinator. Fairchild returned to the NFL in 2012 and was with the San Diego Chargers as Senior Offensive Assistant/Special Assignments before moving to the University of Virginia in January 2013.

He was a coach in The Spring League in 2017.[5]

• Haha (+1) 1

Chudzinski would fit better because the Bills use that dumb ass train whistle. At least there could be a new chant...Chud a luck a chud a lucka chud a lucka Choo Choo! (Train whistle blasts instead of choo choo). To be chanted when Bills have a 3rd down and the fans want some ingenious play called by Chudzinski to get a 1st down.

Yeah, I know it's stupid but it's the offseason. It's all I got on short notice.

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Folks don’t understand, if the Bills keep Tyrod... season tickets go down and the min he loses fans will go crazy!!!

Why font fans understand he’s a .500 QB, lacks the mental side of the game and just can’t grasp how important anticipation is as a QB?!

Hes not coming back, nor will he ever be a #1 QB outside of Buffalo ever again.

I think Tyrod is done in Buffalo however I could see him starting in places like Denver and Cleveland until they have a guy ready to take over.

51 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If we hire Chudzinski, someone will need to make an over/under thread on how many regular season games pass before he earns the nickname, "Choad," on this board.

uhhh...regular season...it will happen before the first pre-season game. The first day it's reported the defense did better than the offense you will have a couple of the specials on this board giving him the nickname.

Not a big fan of either, but I see Chud getting the nod due to his extensive college experience at U of Miami and McDermott belief that he was big part of Cam's development, which I'm sure they will be looking for if they draft a QB.

Friend of mine is Seahawks fan.  He hated Bevell.  Horrible play caller.  Wilson had to save their A$$ so many times.

Still say they go all in on Cousins. But either way Chud is the guy.

Edited by dezertbill

5 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Not a big fan of either, but I see Chud getting the nod due to his extensive college experience at U of Miami and McDermott belief that he was big part of Cam's development, which I'm sure they will be looking for if they draft a QB.

Friend of mine is Seahawks fan.  He hated Bevell.  Horrible play caller.  Wilson had to save their A$$ so many times.

Still say they go all in on Cousins. But either way Chud is the guy.

If I'm truly going all in on anyone it's Jimmy G.  2 1st round picks be damned.  Suit him up and enjoy the trip to Foxboro for the next decade.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why the love for Chud? Without Luck was that Indy offence really any Good? I know it's a step up from Dennison, but I would rather see them take more then a couple of steps up.

I Saw another report that listed McCoy and Bevell as the top choices

Chud was Cams coach at the start of his career.

The knock on him in Carolina is he was a weeney..... Dictatorial and hard to work with/ for.  Fans were apprehensive when they replaced him with Shula though.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Hes been reporting for a long time and has been right about several Bills stories before as well...usually FA signings

So you're saying he's another Pat Moran.