crappy watkins lost it for the rams

short and sweet, Romo, (who i said was great after week 2 and now all finally seem to agree with,)  said, along w Nance, that theyd both have like to have seen softy sammy go back and jump up for the ball on a long pass late in the game.  Romo especially kept talking about how sammy didnt really try.

Regardless the ball went right through his hands w the playoffs on the line.   Later in the endzone he also couldnt come up w the 4rth down pass right in his hands, because there was a tiny bit of contact.

So glad that soft excuse for an elite wr is gone.  so glad we netted a second, EJ gaines and basically benjamin for him.

Even a real QB cant get the ball to softy sammy twatkins.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, dabills21 said:

super talent, just doesn't play with the necessary grit/passion to be an elite nfl wr

This is how I feel as well. I regret losing Woods, Hogan and Goodwin more than losing Watkins.

47 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

I thought Romo was great before Romo knew he was great.

Saw him warming up his vocal chords in pre-game announcements and knew he would be the one.

I remember I used to watch him play on Sundays and tell everyone what a great announcer he'll make one day. 

3 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Mike Evans, Beckham Jr, Benjamin, Landry...and the Bills TRADED UP for Sammy.  if you are taking a WR in the deepest WR draft class in history then trade back and take 2 of the above!

You should bring those Crystal Ball powers you posses to the Bills War Room this year.  Being able to see the future before it happens I am sure would make their draft easier.  

Thats the problem, that is very easy to say today...but Sammy was one of the highest graded players in draft and the clear top WR.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, re enlightener said:

short and sweet, Romo, (who i said was great after week 2 and now all finally seem to agree with,)  said, along w Nance, that theyd both have like to have seen softy sammy go back and jump up for the ball on a long pass late in the game.  Romo especially kept talking about how sammy didnt really try.

Regardless the ball went right through his hands w the playoffs on the line.   Later in the endzone he also couldnt come up w the 4rth down pass right in his hands, because there was a tiny bit of contact.

So glad that soft excuse for an elite wr is gone.  so glad we netted a second, EJ gaines and basically benjamin for him.

Agreed on all counts.  I think the only thing left for you to do now is buy a dog, name it Sammy, and kick it everyday until it bites your testicles off.  I really don't see another path forward for you.  Sorry.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You should bring those Crystal Ball powers you posses to the Bills War Room this year.  Being able to see the future before it happens I am sure would make their draft easier.  

Thats the problem, that is very easy to say today...but Sammy was one of the highest graded players in draft and the clear top WR.  

it was the deepest WR class with a bunch of 1st round wr talent and you have tons of holes on the team.  is 1 WR really going to make a difference when you don't have a QB who can throw him the ball?  it was dumb then and it's even more dumb now that we know the outcome

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, re enlightener said:

Are we watching the same game?

Sammy was mugged on his route 2x on that 4th down and clearly should have been a hold early and a PI late.

He played the other long ball perfect. Had his chance and it went through his arms. 

Only losers (or Patriots play come back and run into defender to draw a foul when they still have a chance to make the catch outright. You can never predict a ref call like Bills receivers getting mugged in NE when Rex coached his last year)

The hate for Sammy runs deep in some and makes no sense. I hope Bills reach out and see if he wants to come back.

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

it was the deepest WR class with a bunch of 1st round wr talent and you have tons of holes on the team.  is 1 WR really going to make a difference when you don't have a QB who can throw him the ball?  it was dumb then and it's even more dumb now that we know the outcome

For the millionth time. Virtually everyone thought EJ was that guy and just needed a #1 WR weapon to help jumpstart a great era. It was worth a shot at that time. History of course was not kind to anyone who thought that way.

Anyone who says otherwise is a 20/20 hindsight type.

Edited by cba fan

11 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Sammy was mugged on his route 2x on that 4th down and clearly should have been a hold early and a PI late.

He played the other long ball perfect. Had his chance and it went through his arms. 

Only losers (or Patriots play come back and run into defender to draw a foul when they still have a chance to make the catch outright. You can never predict a ref call like Bills receivers getting mugged in NE when Rex coached his last year)

The hate for Sammy runs deep in some and makes no sense. I hope Bills reach out and see if he wants to come back.

For the millionth time. Virtually everyone thought EJ was that guy and just needed a #1 WR weapon to help jumpstart a great era. It was worth a shot at that time. History of course was not kind to anyone who thought that way.

Sarcasm? 

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In no way, shape or form was Sammy Watkins the #1 receiver in that draft. That's lunacy.

13 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

In no way, shape or form was Sammy Watkins the #1 receiver in that draft. That's lunacy.

Hindsight is great.  At the time Watkins was clearly the #1 ranked WR in the draft and some had him as the #1 player in the draft.

7 hours ago, cba fan said:

Everyone thought EJ was that guy ?!?!?.....that is a huge exaggeration........besides Doug Whaley, you'd have a hard time finding 10 people in NFL corners that agreed  EJ was" that guy "....

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

Romo did the Bills game

Benjaman was traded for a 3rd and a 7th,  the Bills still have the 2nd. 

They still have a 3rd rounder as well. They have the Eagles pick for Darby. The 7th rounder was the one they got from LAC for Cardale. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

10 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

I remember I used to watch him play on Sundays and tell everyone what a great announcer he'll make one day. 

When I was a teenager I ran into his mom, pregnant with the soon to be little Tony.  She held her stomach when fetus Tony kicked and I quietly approached her and said, "Miss...this one (pointing to her mid-section), I think is going to be a great color commentator."

His commentating today makes the three months I spent at the County pokey for harassment worth it.

12 hours ago, re enlightener said:

12 hours ago, Rico said:

That was Michaels and Collinsworth.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Watkins didnt lose the game for the rams. Please dont post inacuarate crap. How about coopers to specail team blunders. Or the rams inability to stop the falcons feom getting fiest downs. Or even goffs ability to extend drives. 

11 hours ago, SJDK said:

This is how I feel as well. I regret losing Woods, Hogan and Goodwin more than losing Watkins.

I definitely agree on Woods. Watching him play with the Rams, he just balls the same way he did with us even with significantly worse quarterbacks here. Shows solid hands, toughness, a knack for getting open. Also love that he almost never goes out of bounds without laying a shoulder on someone. Makes them not want to tackle him. 

As for the others, Goodwin I liked, but hurt too often, and I think Hogans uprising is a result of McDanials and TB. He's a good reciever but their system has a habit of making guys like him look really good.