My way too early prediction.

njbuff

The Bills need a big strong young QB that they can develop and be the starter for 15 years.

Now what I am about to say may or may not work out for the Bills in my scenario, but it's something I can see happening a mile away.

Here we go..........

The Browns and the Giants will choose between Darnold and Rosen. The draft process will determine this this. Neither team will give up their picks for franchise QB's, no matter what they are offered.

This is where my prediction comes in.

i will almost guarantee you that Josh Allen will KILL it in all the workouts and, maybe the Browns or Giants fall in love with him and one of them takes Allen.

The Colts at number three will be listening to trade offers and I expect the Broncos and Jets  to come hard for number three pick, if they don't sign an established QB, which is possible.

Also, I expect the Bills will fall in love with Allen and have him as their number two QB on their draft board.

i know Allen is 50/50 on this message board, a lot love and hate for the kid.

i predict the Bills trade 21 and 22 to the Colts along with 2019's 1st and 2nd round picks and it might take another high pick, for Allen (or one of the other fall if the Giants or Browns love Allen).

It's a lot to give up, but the Bills need to do it for a major QB prospect.

Need to go bold to get gold.

What do you think?

11 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Way WAY too much.

Glad we have a GM in place and TBD doesn’t make the selections.

I think it will be both #1s this year, and our #1 next. TRade the whole freaking draft for a QB, I just cant watch TT anymore

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Why would you think it's okay to give up that much for Allen just a year after they traded out when they could have taken a bigger armed Mahomes who has more mobility? 

I dont understand the thinking, I just hope OBD doesn't go over board for a project.

They should have taken Mahomes and this will haunt them for a long time

2 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

They should have taken Mahomes and this will haunt them for a long time

They may or may not, it's more about the decision making process. Why do that last year then make a desperation trade for a different project.

Based on them trading out when a project QB was a viable I do not expect them to take one high or trade for one. I'm good with that.

19 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

3 first rounders and a 2nd for a raw kid?  I like Allen but that's a lot for a kid who needs work.

Who knows but I would not be ok with this scenario.  That's too many picks for an unknown.  You don't hit on him this franchise is set back years.

I did my first mock draft yesterday and it took both first rounders and a second rounder to trade up to number 5.  I took Lamar Jackson from Louisville.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If we pick Allen in the 1st I will bang my head hard against the nearest wall.... if we trade up for him it will be the biggest mistake this franchise has made in a generation.

For two guys who are all about "process" it wouldn't make much sense looking back at last year. I hope I'm right on that because I wouldn't want Allen until about the 3rd round.

Hard pass.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The Bills need a big strong young QB that they can develop and be the starter for 15 years.

Now what I am about to say may or may not work out for the Bills in my scenario, but it's something I can see happening a mile away.

Here we go..........

The Browns and the Giants will choose between Darnold and Rosen. The draft process will determine this this. Neither team will give up their picks for franchise QB's, no matter what they are offered.

i will almost guarantee you that Josh Allen will KILL it in all the workouts and, maybe the Browns or Giants fall in love with him and one of them takes Allen.

The Colts at number three will be listening to trade offers and I expect the Broncos and Jets  to come hard for number three pick, if they don't sign an established QB, which is possible.

Also, I expect the Bills will fall in love with Allen and have him as their number two QB on their draft board.

i predict the Bills trade 21 and 22 to the Colts along with 2019's 1st and 2nd round picks and it might take another high pick, for Allen (or one of the other fall if the Giants or Browns love Allen).

What do you think?

We do that trade for Josh Freakin Allen, we’ll go another 17 years without playoffs.

The kid isn’t good.

I thought you guys wanted to draft a good QB? Allen isn’t it. He’s another guy that looks great on paper but his play on the field doesn’t live up to the hype. Aside from the top 2, my favorite is Mayfield. I wouldn’t mind trading up for him. We’d also have to get rid of Dennison in the process if we want any  guy we draft to have a chance.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Why would you think it's okay to give up that much for Allen just a year after they traded out when they could have taken a bigger armed Mahomes who has more mobility? 

I dont understand the thinking, I just hope OBD doesn't go over board for a project.

This...If this coaching staff was desperate for a QB, they would have stayed put and picked Watson or Mahommes.  What they did in the last draft is very indicative of what they will do and will not do.  They will not be selling the farm to get a QB.

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

They won't. Previous GM absolutely. The present one with a good brain in his head not a chance.

18 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

We won't trade up.  Too many holes we need all of those picks.  We will take best an available in first and keep all our picks and sign a vet. 

Right answer. I think their enamored with Rudolph and he should easily fall to them if they feel compelled to take a QB.

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Right answer. I think their enamored with Rudolph and he should easily fall to them if they feel compelled to take a QB.

Rudolph doesn't last until 20.  If he does, let's hope he is the one who hits. Personally I feel there are too many QB needy teams this year to land our guy. We will be getting the #5-#7 rated passer. The NFL is lucky if #1-#3 pan out. Once in a while you hit on a Wilson, Brady or Prescott, but Dak has taken a step back and may not be "the franchise."

The sad fact is we need a step up from Taylor, I just hope our staff gets it right. Peterman has not shown anything yet, but he's got some upside left in him.

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

This...If this coaching staff was desperate for a QB, they would have stayed put and picked Watson or Mahommes.  What they did in the last draft is very indicative of what they will do and will not do.  They will not be selling the farm to get a QB.

I don’t necessarily agree with that. I think the reason they didn’t take one early last year was because the FO was getting fired the Monday after the draft, and replaced with the FO they wanted to have choose the QB of the future. 

They didn’t want the new QB linked to Whaley and they didn’t trust his team’s evaluations because it was not per McD’s process. They now have a year of QB evaluation from Team McBeane and that is who they will draft. Imo.

also i do believe the reason they wanted the extra 1st was to move up for that QB if needed. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

I think the OP is spot on with how this draft is going to pan out.  Cle and NYG are both going to go QB.  Rosen says he won't play for Cle, but  Rosen is clearly the top guy.  I see Cle drafting Rosen and trading him like the Eli/Rivers deal from years past.  

It makes the most sense to trade with the Giants, and get the pick of the litter at #2.  But Cle also picks at #4.  There is a real chance that the 1st overall pick (Rosen) could be traded anywhere in the league, including the Broncos, Jets, Cardinals, or Bills. 

Now, why anyone is Against giving up all those picks.... I don't get it.  Welcome to 2018... That's what it takes!!!!!  Why do you think we made all those trades last season???? We were preparing for this exact scenario!  We have the ammo to get to #3 by just trading out 1st and 2nds in this draft.  

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t necessarily agree with that. I think the reason they didn’t take one early last year was because the FO was getting fired the Monday after the draft, and replaced with the FO they wanted to have choose the QB of the future. 

They didn’t want the new QB linked to Whaley and they didn’t trust his team’s evaluations because it was not per McD’s process. They now have a year of QB evaluation from Team McBeane and that is who they will draft. Imo.

also i do believe the reason they wanted the extra 1st was to move up for that QB if needed. 

I believe this scenario 100%.  I thought this going back to the last draft day....They stockpiled picks during the draft and during the season to make this move up.

Is the Bills think one of these guys is a can't miss type, they'll trade the picks to get him.  If not, they'll use their picks elsewhere and sign a FA QB.

My bet is they sign Cousins.  Perfect fit with McD.  Rosen they won't like from a personality standpoint, and Darnold's play fell off this year.  And while you'd like to compare Allen to Wentz (guy from a small college with the physical tools) Wentz upped his game while Allen's fell off this past year.

If all these QB’s are going to go ahead of the Bills, then let them. If teams are going to start reaching for QB’s, then I hope the Bills are not one of them. Stay put and grab a QB if one gets to us, if not, then some damn good players will fall to us at other needs.

Every year there’s always a player or two where we are like “OMG I can’t believe he’s still there!” Only for the Bills to pass on him and then he falls even further than expected. I think this year it’ll be a couple QB’s. Don’t be surprised if Rosen and Darnold are the only QB’s selected before the Bills are on the clock.

The Bills gave up two firsts, a second, third and Greg Bell once upon a time for an OLB.

Sure, different times but is there anyone on this board who wouldn’t like to have gone back in time and meet Houston's demands so we could have drafted Roethlisberger? Heck, Donahoe may still be our GM if he did.

The key is making the correct evaluation on the player.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Rudolph doesn't last until 20.  If he does, let's hope he is the one who hits. Personally I feel there are too many QB needy teams this year to land our guy. We will be getting the #5-#7 rated passer. The NFL is lucky if #1-#3 pan out. Once in a while you hit on a Wilson, Brady or Prescott, but Dak has taken a step back and may not be "the franchise."

The sad fact is we need a step up from Taylor, I just hope our staff gets it right. Peterman has not shown anything yet, but he's got some upside left in him.

You or anyone else doesn't know that.  Yes there many teams that are QB needy but that doesn't mean they'll all take a project with their 1st pick. Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson. None are a sure thing and all will not be picked in Rd 1. Rudolph can easily slide to 21 as well as Mayfield and Allen. Their best move is a FA vet like Cousins, Smith or Bradford and address the DT and LB position with 21 and 22. JMHO.

If the team's scouts and front office truly believe that there is a "can't miss" QB in this draft, they you give up what is necessary to get him.

That said, I absolutely do not want them taking a QB in the first round (trading up or otherwise) just for the sake of taking a QB. That is what they did the last two times that they drafted one in the first round (Losman and EJ).

7 hours ago, xsoldier54 said:

I did my first mock draft yesterday and it took both first rounders and a second rounder to trade up to number 5.  I took Lamar Jackson from Louisville.

People are sleeping on this guy's talent/resolve!! Correct his footwork like GB did with Aaron Rodgers.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

Here we go..........

What do you think?

I would not  trade up for allen.

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

Here we go..........

What do you think?

NO I don't trade 21 and 22 and next years 1st and second for anyione yes we need a QB but not convinced this class has anyone wort that

3 hours ago, jrober38 said:

When do guys like Josh Allen ever work out at the NFL level?

Is there a single example of a successful QB from the past 20 years who completed 56% of his passes who went on to be a successful NFL QB?

His stat sheet is lousy no doubt. Some folks who have followed him and seen all of his games say it would be a mistake to think that he is truly a sub 60% passer. Poor supporting cast and he's the farthest thing from a check down artist. He's a deep ball thrower. No clutch of cheap and easy receptions in that 56%. 

His physical attributes for playing the position are nothing short of phenomenal. He will wow them at the combine & senior bowl. He will be no less than the third QB off the board. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I would not  trade up for allen.

I think he's gone when we pick, but if he's not I'd be all over him. I would consider a trade up, but a modest one that does not gut our draft. I think the value is pretty much equivalent to Darnold. I compare him to Darnold because they both come with risk, Sam probably less but then he has a lower ceiling than Josh Allen (and that's really saying something because Darnold has a high ceiling). Rosen I think is in a different category and in a class by himself (not because he's necessarily a better prospect). If he wants it you can be reasonably confident that he's going to be a very good QB. So less risk and he's good to go right now. He's the best pure passer in this class and a very good one at that.

4 hours ago, jrober38 said:

When do guys like Josh Allen ever work out at the NFL level?

Is there a single example of a successful QB from the past 20 years who completed 56% of his passes who went on to be a successful NFL QB?

When you see a guy who ranked 7TH in the MWC in passing....you just gotta pull the trigger!:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

I think he's gone when we pick, but if he's not I'd be all over him. I would consider a trade up, but a modest one that does not gut our draft. I think the value is pretty much equivalent to Darnold. I compare him to Darnold because they both come with risk, Sam probably less but then he has a lower ceiling than Josh Allen (and that's really saying something because Darnold has a high ceiling). Rosen I think is in a different category and in a class by himself (not because he's necessarily a better prospect). If he wants it you can be reasonably confident that he's going to be a very good QB. So less risk and he's good to go right now. He's the best pure passer in this class and a very good one at that.

I'd only trade up for Mayfield, Darnold and Rosen.

I've watched a bunch of Allen games  and he did not look good. He has ALL the talent in the world but I'm not trading up for potential. I really think he is a third rounder but as we know QBs go early.  if the big 3 are gone I would take him with our first but somehow I'm hoping we get Mayfield.

Only two QBs i trade up for. Rosen and Darnold

Fringe a third right now Mayfield 

Allen will be and should be one of the top 4 QBs picked. (And likey has the Highest ceiling out of the bunch)

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Just curious but what is the knock on Mason Rudolph? His stats look pretty damn good...

Plays Nobody is one big issue

same as Mayfield actually 

Should be very very cautious looking at Big 12 QBs

Edited by MAJBobby