Moving on from TT

chef4131

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I honestly think that you can only move on from Tyrod if it is a substantial upgrade or a rookie with promise. A slight upgrade or lateral move like Alex Smith would not work, why give up assets and cap space to be marginally better at QB? Even if they draft a rookie I would still want Tyrod on the roster. Peterman is ass and they shouldn't force a rookie into action if that rookie can't beat out Tyrod. If a rookie can't beat out Tyrod let Tyrod hang in there for one more year and slowly build up the talent on the team around a young promising QB who can learn a system and get use to being a pro for awhile. 

Did you watch the Game today. Did you watch the Jets game, Did you watch the Saints game?  

You can move on from TT at anytime. No big loss.

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly think that you can only move on from Tyrod if it is a substantial upgrade or a rookie with promise. A slight upgrade or lateral move like Alex Smith would not work, why give up assets and cap space to be marginally better at QB? Even if they draft a rookie I would still want Tyrod on the roster. Peterman is ass and they shouldn't force a rookie into action if that rookie can't beat out Tyrod. If a rookie can't beat out Tyrod let Tyrod hang in there for one more year and slowly build up the talent on the team around a young promising QB who can learn a system and get use to being a pro for awhile. 

Just !@#$ing stop with this ****!

Tyrod is not good and was on full display all !@#$ing year long.

It's not real difficult to replace a **** QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PeterGriffin said:

Just !@#$ing stop with this ****!

Tyrod is not good and was on full display all !@#$ing year long.

It's not real difficult to replace a **** QB.

Its really tough to replace to 2700 passing yards and 14 TDs.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Dude, I don’t like TT the QB. I do respect the man. The guy looks like he might have been knocked out cold not that long ago, and has a pretty serious concussion. 

Can we we hold off on this. It’s a fine discussion. It’s an absolute trash time to start it. Let’s keep this place classy. 

Nope sucks to see him hurt is a nice guy. But nope not shelving this discussion

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Let it and him go.

His 4th qtr.'s are horrendous.

That alone means the Bills will go with the following.

1.  Bills will draft the best QB they can without giving up 3 1st rounders.

2.  They will get someone else in FA (who remains to be seen)

3.  I also think Peterman will be gone too.  Find another 1-2 guy to be the 3rd string.

Let this TT QB experiment go.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I willing to take a one year step back at QB for the long term development of real modern competent offense.   The D did all they could this year. they were let down by the O.

5 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Lucky for us, he's one of the worst in the league so it won't be hard to upgrade. A lateral move like Alex Smith? You're mental. Tyrod makes Alex Smith look like Dan Marino.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I don't hate Taylor..but he is what he is...an average to slightly below average starting QB. Can you win some games with him...maybe a playoff game? Sure, but to be a true superbowl contender, you need better.  I'll take any new guys because I know what I have now is not good enough.

If you rank in the low 20's in passing yards for 3 season are you really a little below average? Taylor !@#$ing sucks.

Hopefully moving on from Taylor AND Dennison. The main 2 reasons this game was lost today IMO. Defense let Bortles get out of hand a with the scrambling some and dropped 2 INTs, but overall gave the offense PLENTY of chances. This falls on the OC and Taylor all the way IMO

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm just so sick of TT dumping the ball off on every play...........granted, he may not have his WR's open downfield, but for gods sakes man, at least toss it up and let your receivers make a play.

Between, TT and Dennison, our O is a lost cause.

27 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

This is what seems to be the popular choice. I would be ok with that depending on what we give up. He threw for 4000 yards and only had I think one more INT than Taylor.

Andy Reid makes average guys look good. We don't have Andy Reid.

28 minutes ago, BillsDiehard said:

Alex Smith

I think the Cards will pick him up or even the steelers (i believe ronchiberger will announce his retirement after the season)...but with that being said if they can persuade him to come to buffalo and play im okay with that....but they still need to take a QB in the draft if they like one.....oh and new friggin receivers!

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Hopefully moving on from Taylor AND Dennison. The main 2 reasons this game was lost today IMO. Defense let Bortles get out of hand a with the scrambling some and dropped 2 INTs, but overall gave the offense PLENTY of chances. This falls on the OC and Taylor all the way IMO

I wish I could agree with this 10X because it hit the nail on the head.

6 minutes ago, KW95 said:

Did you watch the Game today. Did you watch the Jets game, Did you watch the Saints game?  

You can move on from TT at anytime. No big loss.

I have been watching all season, I have also seen who the Bills were throwing out at QB for the past 14 years before then. Although you could do a lot better than Tyrod I think you can do much much worse. If the choice is Alex Smith or Tyrod Taylor, a 2nd round pick, and 4.5 million dollars in cap space give me the latter. I would rather draft a rookie and have him beat out Tyrod. Having a decent QB such as Tyrod is a luxury, allow a rookie to sit for their first season, if they play good enough to beat out Tyrod then fine, but you don't address the QB situation by getting rid of the QB and not having a coherent plan in place to do so. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I have been watching all season, I have also seen who the Bills were throwing out at QB for the past 14 years before then. Although you could do a lot better than Tyrod I think you can do much much worse. If the choice is Alex Smith or Tyrod Taylor, a 2nd round pick, and 4.5 million dollars in cap space give me the latter. I would rather draft a rookie and have him beat out Tyrod. Having a decent QB such as Tyrod is a luxury, allow a rookie to sit for their first season, if they play good enough to beat out Tyrod then fine, but you don't address the QB situation by getting rid of the QB and not having a coherent plan in place to do so. 

With Alex Smith we can make a deep run.

Just now, billsfan89 said:

They have many draft picks and there are a few tradeable/signable QBs.  I'm sure there is a plan to get rid of his garbage play. 

Nothing about Tyrod is a luxury.

And though I do agree you can do worse, we have the cap flexibility and draft capital to get a real QB, so we HAVE to try.

2 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I'm just so sick of TT dumping the ball off on every play...........granted, he may not have his WR's open downfield, but for gods sakes man, at least toss it up and let your receivers make a play.

Between, TT and Dennison, our O is a lost cause.

Will never happen, he is so scared of turning the ball over because it's the only real positive he has as a QB. 

Those down field and tight coverage throws are pathetic, seem to be purposely over/under thrown to stay away from the defender. I sure hope I don't have to watch him anymore. And kick that OC out with him.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Who in their right mind would want to take a job as an OC when TT is your starting QB ??

17 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Nonsense. Smith is way better. But I think they need to draft a QB high in the 1st round.

Just now, Shotgunner said:

Nothing about Tyrod is a luxury.

And though I do agree you can do worse, we have the cap flexibility and draft capital to get a real QB, so we HAVE to try.

My original premise was that the Bills should spend a high draft choice on a QB, maybe even trade up to get one. But then they should keep Tyrod for one more year in order to not have to start a rookie on a team that might not be ready or in a bad situation. Tyrod can be a placeholder QB for one more season, are the free agent QB's that you can get cheaper any better? No not really, are the QB's you would be trading for any better (At best a marginal upgrade like Alex Smith) I don't think it's worth it. Draft a QB early and have Tyrod be the guy they have to beat out for the job. 

4 minutes ago, run dat back said:

I don't think that concept has ever occurred to him.  Bills need to move on.  To defend TT is to accept mediocrity.

Mediocrtiy gets a win today.  Unfortunately, we aren’t even mediocre on offense.

• Like (+1) 3

Today's silver lining is that there's absolutely no evaluation needed at the QB position.   It's all up to the college and pro player personnel department and McBeane to pick the best guy for the future.

They better find some competent WR help as well, but that shouldn't be too difficult.