Cincinnati Bengals Thank You Thread

Please join me in sending a heartfelt thank you to Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, Tyler Boyd and the rest of the Cincinnati Bengals for the part they played yesterday in helping us end the longest drought in all of professional sports.

I've always loved Cincinnati (my son is a patient at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and we travel there once a year to see his neurologists) but never more so than when that 4th and 12 conversion for a TD sent the city of Buffalo into a celebration that still reverberates today.

Thank you Cincy, from the bottom of our long-beleaguered hearts.

(Hopefully, we can send a link of this tread to their fan forum)

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I tried signing up for the Bengals message board last week. The moderators have to approve your registration, which they never did for me. Kind of annoying, I was gonna go on there and give them a heart felt thankyou from all of us 

Hopefully, we have someone here that is already a member there and can post a link to this thread.

31 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Please join me in sending a heartfelt thank you to Marvin Lewis, Andy Dalton, Tyler Boyd and the rest of the Cincinnati Bengals for the part they played yesterday in helping us end the longest drought in all of professional sports.

I've always loved Cincinnati (my son is a patient at Cincinnati Children's Hospital and we travel there once a year to see his neurologists) but never more so than when that 4th and 12 conversion for a TD sent the city of Buffalo into a celebration that still reverberates today.

Thank you Cincy, from the bottom of our long-beleaguered hearts.

(Hopefully, we can send a link of this tread to their fan forum)

Done. I'm WilliamCody over there.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bills-Offer-Bengals-Heartfelt-Thanks?page=2

4 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I tried signing up for the Bengals message board last week. The moderators have to approve your registration, which they never did for me. Kind of annoying, I was gonna go on there and give them a heart felt thankyou from all of us 

Try it out. They don't contact you but it allows you to post. Took 4 hours for me.

Couldn’t say it and mean it more

thank you 

That’s a team with “nothing to play for” in the standings. No reason to go all out and risk injury. Road game, nasty weather and they fell behind...no body would have blamed them for not showing up. Rather then taking the easy way out, the Bengals showed nothing but class and dignity. Played hard for the integrity of the sport and made so many Bills fans year. Thank you guys so much. Good things come to people and teams that do things the right way. Good things are coming your way Cincinnati.

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Couldn’t say it and mean it more

thank you 

That’s a team with “nothing to play for” in the standings. No reason to go all out and risk injury. Road game, nasty weather and they fell behind...no body would have blamed them for not showing up. Rather then taking the easy way out, the Bengals showed nothing but class and dignity. Played hard for the integrity of the sport and made so many Bills fans year. Thank you guys so much. Good things come to people and teams that do things the right way. Good things are coming your way Cincinnati.

Well said. Cinncy you played with so much heart. Thank you all for competing and never quiting.

37 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Done. I'm WilliamCody over there.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Bills-Offer-Bengals-Heartfelt-Thanks?page=2

Try it out. They don't contact you but it allows you to post. Took 4 hours for me.

Lots of nice comments from the Bengals fans over there, warmed my heart. Thanks again for linking.

Bills fans have been donating to the Andy and Jordan Dalton foundation in $17 dollar increments for the 17 seasons since they made the playoffs.

https://www.andydalton.org

"The mission of the Andy & Jordan Dalton Foundation is to provide daily support, opportunities, resources and life-changing experiences to seriously ill and physically challenged children and their families in Cincinnati and Fort Worth."
Edited by coloradobillsfan
clean up
  • Like (+1) 1

Hey guys, Bengals fan here. Just saw this and wanted to say congrats! It's been a rough couple of seasons in Cincy and we still haven't won a playoff game since 1990, but it made my day seeing how happy you guys are. We had a stretch where we missed the playoffs (from 1991 through 2004 seasons) and I remember how exciting it was to finally make it. I sincerely believe you guys have a great shot to beat a Jacksonville team that I'm not sold on (their early season run success has faded). I'll be cheering you on since it's such a great story.

Not sure how you guys feel about Tyrod Taylor (maybe you're divided like we are with Dalton?), but I'm glad that ridiculous benching didn't come back to haunt you. If the Bills pound the run, limit turnovers (Tyrod is good at this) and play sound defense, I think you have as good a shot as any. Again, congrats!

Edited by Shake n Blake
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

There are no bandwagon Bills fans. Those fans have fallen off over a decade ago. Everyone that is expressing their love and gratitude towards Bengals players and fans comes from deep within our soul. In a matter of seconds all of our collective pain evaporated. So please don't take it lightly when I say thank you, and know that your team will always be remembered and appreciated by Bills fans everywhere.

I just made my $17 donation to Dalton's foundation. 

• Like (+1) 1