Did You Cry When the Bengals Won?

Gugny

Did You Cry After the Bengals Won?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Did You Cry After the Bengals Won?

• Yes, I Cried
    • No, I Didn't Cry

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

I answered yes to this because I think I might have. 

My wife has a picture of me on the floor in front of our TV. 

Anyone who judges another who answered “yes” to this doesn’t get it. 

You going to come up for a game next year? 

I teared up.  My kids have never seen a Bills playoff game, now they will. All day it seemed like it was going to happen. And it did.

Even the ref during the Bills game had a half laugh/smirk on his face throughout the entire game....."I'm calling what?!?!" 

It all aligned, perfectly. A great day. Now, a great memory.

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I answered yes to this because I think I might have. 

My wife has a picture of me on the floor in front of our TV. 

Anyone who judges another who answered “yes” to this doesn’t get it. 

Bingo. My wife took a candid photo of my kids jumping on me and me crying like a baby after the Dalton TD. One I'll never forget 

I don't know what you'd call "cried" but my eyes were full of tears and I was as happy as I've been in, well, since my son hit a homerun in his final at bat of little league in his championship game earlier this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

It wasn't just that the Bengals won, it was how they did it..............right down to the wire with a TD to seal the deal.

I thought for sure Dalton was going to let it slip through his fingers and leave Bills fans crying in the streets.

All i can say is WOW!!!

I didnt cry but my wife thinks im nuts.  I lost my voice sceaming so loud.  I think i yelled at the top of my lungs BILLS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS.  She says quote(my wife is a packers fan)  DId u guys finally win a super bowl cuz ur acting like it.  Needless to say i was happy.

Edited by bkep32

I was reading the Bills game thread and watching NFL.com play by play for Bengals Ravens info (after Buffalo had the game in hand).  Then I checked the TV and they had switched from the Titans Jags game to the Ravens Bengals so I got to watch the last couple minutes.  4th and 12 and I'm thinking no way, here goes our season again and then:  miracle of miracles - they get the TD.  I'm 59 and a Bills fan since I was 10.  I jumped up and down like a kid, shouted, pumped my fists.  Then my eyes watered up and I came back to the Bills board, to share the joy with my long suffering Bills fans, and frankly so my family wouldn't see any tears.  It felt kind of weird getting that emotional about this but the drought has been so long it kind of overwhelmed me.  In a good way.   It's kind of awesome.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, bkep32 said:

I didnt cry but my wife thinks im nuts.  I lost my voice sceaming so loud.  I think i yelled at the top of my lungs BILLS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS.  She says quote(my wife is a packers fan)  DId u guys finally win a super bowl cuz ur acting like it.  Needless to say i was happy.

It felt like a Super Bowl.  I didn’t cry, but I screamed pretty endlessly.

A miracle started the drought, and it took a miracle to end it.

As a Saints fan that spent a bazillion years waiting on our team to actually do something, and finally got to experience real success in the 2009 season... I'd like to congratulate you guys.  It's very hard to remain patient when your team disappoints year after year.  You guys stuck with it and now actually have found some success again.  

Sincerely,  congratulations to you all.    Good luck in the playoffs.  

Edited by hizza7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

No, but I would not blame those who did.  Had I been with a couple of friends who I have watched years of Bills losses with, it may have been a different story. 

Once Baltimore took the lead,  I had resigned myself to another year out.   When Boyd got the TD on 4th down,  I was stunned but in a good way, had to process it for an hour and tell myself that this was not going to somehow be reversed.

Great first year for McDermott.   There are some needs in the offseason, and a franchise QB should be drafted(keep Taylor until the new QB is ready) but a system with a winning culture is finally in place.   As far as this year, it is found money from here on.  Anything else is bonus.   I actually think the Jags game is winnable.  

Edited by dgrochester55

I was with my parents. I expected them to react like the posts above. Instead...they just stat there...stupified. I honestly thought I was gonna have a great "reaction video".

The best explanation I've been able to come up with is: shock, after years of...affectation? It was more like watching people get freed from, I dunno, a concentration camp? I hate to use that metaphor, but it's the most accurate. You see the half-smiles, but it's more like "we've survived, now, can I get 1 shrimp please?" 

I really can't figure it out. I mean, I felt like calling the Red Cross and getting them blankets and stuff. It's bizarre. Strangest New Year's Eve ever...which is why I am posting here instead of being elsewhere. I really thought I was looking at "Red Wedding" level Youtube reaction video. Instead I get the end of the Waltons.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Wept like a baby. Very emotional day. Thought of dad and how he would have loved to have been here to see this. All the heart breaks we’ve had in the past and how its all worth it to experience the joy we had today. 

Edited by CDogg20
  • Like (+1) 1

I was a little in shock, I think.  I welled up later when some guy called WGR and told the story of watching the Bills in the playoffs at age 10 with his father, and how his Dad passed away before they could do it again, and it hit me how many families must have a similar story.

• Like (+1) 1

I actually have gaps in my memory after the Bengals touchdown.  I remember the touchdown, loud noises, suddenly being in the hallway, then suddenly being facedown on the living room floor crying...

So yeah, I guess it involved crying.

2 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

Seems strange and whimpy to cry over entertainment but that's just me.

I'm with you. Not really whimpy, just inappropriate. There are just millions of things we should she'd a tear for before we cry for a sports team. Honestly, I was flipping off the Ravens and cursing at them when the Bengals scored. Also, posting on here. 

I did get a lump in throat and a little misty-eyed when I watched videos of the fans and Bills players celebrating. Really touching watching some of the Bills players with emotion on their face and seeing the happiness on the faces of the fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I had that feeling, too.  But when they got that TD, I completely lost my ****.

Ditto. Couldn’t bring myself to say it, but that feeling was just kinda “there”...got to watch it happen with other die hards in NYC at a friends place with amazing views and all Of us with young children. We can get smashed 49-0 next week and I will still cherish tonight forever. 

No, I didn't, but I did scream a lot and pound my fists into the couch (not after the win, after the 4th and 12 TD).

As someone in his mid twenties, who cannot remember the glory days of Bills football, this was my best sports memory hands down. Pretty crazy that it is a game between the Ravens and Bengals, and I don't care about either team.

I went from this....

maxresdefault.jpg

To this.........

tenor.gif?itemid=5947594

On that 4th and 12 play.  Biggest swing of emotion since the Music City Miracle.

28 minutes ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

Nope but I'm sure the neighbors weren't too thrilled with my screaming into the night.  I had a huge lump in my throat and I wanted to bawl like a little kid after that forward lateral so many years ago tho.

If you live in the Buffalo area then the neighbors pry don't mind.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I went from this....

maxresdefault.jpg

To this.........

tenor.gif?itemid=5947594

On that 4th and 12 play.  Biggest swing of emotion since the Music City Miracle.

For the sake of all that is holy, please edit this with an alternate celebratory meme. I had tears of relief in my eyes as friends were texting their congratulations on the Bills playoff berth. Tom Brady’s cheating presence in this thread has resulted in these evolving to salty, hateful tears of rage! F$&@ Tom Brady!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, transient said:

For the sake of all that is holy, please edit this with an alternate celebratory meme. I had tears of relief in my eyes as friends were texting their congratulations on the Bills playoff berth. Tom Brady’s cheating presence in this thread has resulted in these evolving to salty, hateful tears of rage! F$&@ Tom Brady!!!!!!!

LOL.  Man up.  We'll take him out in two weeks.

3 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

Seems strange and whimpy to cry over entertainment but that's just me.

Dude get over yourself. Every thread you're finding a reason to piss in people's Cheerios. Give it up. First time since I was 10 that the Bills earned a postseason berth, you're damn right I cried.

3 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

Wonder how you all would handle a Superbowl win lol.

I can tell you as a lifelong Cubs fan, I lost it when they won the pennant and again when they won the World Series. And when it finally happens for the Bills organization and the city of Buffalo, if you don’t cry I’d think something is wrong with you. 

As a Bills fan, tonight felt like that moment when Joe Buck yelled “The Cubs have won the pennant!” and I don’t think getting emotional in a moment like that is some kind of indictment of a person’s toughness.

Buffalo derives a great deal of its identity from its two sports teams and this was an important moment for a lot of people. Most of us were born into our fandoms, and some folks have lost the people responsible for that fandom. You can call it entertainment if you want, but to many of us it’s more than that. But you do you and **** on the people that wondered if we’d ever see a 17th game in a season again.  

• Thank you (+1) 1