Anybody catch the end of the Jax Seahawks game?

GG

4 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I didn't see or hear about whatever happened, just the comments above. But it sounds like a team taking on the personality of it's coach. I've never liked Carroll since the choke gesture. Classless individual. 

Was it the same choking gesture Sean payton did this week on TNF?

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Was it the same choking gesture Sean payton did this week on TNF?

Short story is he was the Jets coach, Miami missed a late FG and yup, same choke gesture as Payton. Best part was the Jets went on to lose the game. It's one of those moments that always stuck with me. 

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/bruce-tenenbaum/pete-carroll-and-the-chok_b_6591974.html

EDIT: correction, he was the Jets defensive coordinator at the time

Edited by SinceThe70s

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

Michael Bennett Man of the Year candidate going after knees.  Gross.

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

What's gross is giving this lying dirtbag a platform to spread his message of hate

16 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Michael Bennett is an absolute scumbag. 

This.    Douche of the year.      

21 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Meanwhile Doug is eating a sandwich. Can Bortles be the 2017 version of Dilfer? That defense is Ravens type of good.

Seattle quickly went for likeable to a pile of douches. 

When was Seattle ever likeable? Have we forgotten Sherman's dirty shot on Carpenter's leg. Carroll has always been a cocky d bag....

I was listening to Golic and Wingo briefly this morning and they had a discussion about what precipitated this.  They said that it was because the Seahawks were trying to bowl over the Jags' center, and thus Bortles, to force a fumble and get the ball back.  Little Mike (Golic) said that it was wrong of Seattle to do because there's an understanding that when a team goes into the victory formation, the other team knows to accept it.  Big Mike said screw that because the game was within a TD and Seattle had just scored a TD on 1 play and there is no understanding and just a desire to win the game.  He actually got pretty heated with his son, which I found interesting.  Previously I thought like Little Mike, but now I think I'm on Big Mike's side.

So what do you guys think?  If a game is within a TD and the other team goes into the victory formation, should the defense simply accept it? 

23 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Meanwhile Doug is eating a sandwich. Can Bortles be the 2017 version of Dilfer? That defense is Ravens type of good.

Seattle's always been a pile of douches.

What, with dick sherman and michael bennett.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

So what do you guys think?  If a game is within a TD and the other team goes into the victory formation, should the defense simply accept it? 

Depends. If you have a chance to sack a QB you will play in game later in year maybe.  Would Seasquacks expect the Jaguars to honor it when Seattle does it?

oh-my-word-seattle-seahawks-skull-fail-o

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Depends. If you have a chance to sack a QB you will play in game later in year maybe.  Would Seasquacks expect the Jaguars to honor it when Seattle does it?

oh-my-word-seattle-seahawks-skull-fail-o

If you do it, you can't take exception when another team does it back to you. 

18 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Wilson plays the whole season without O-line protection.  He's the true NFL MVP.  I'm sure he would care or even notice.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:36 PM, Commonsense said:

Bologna for the win.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

I was listening to Golic and Wingo briefly this morning and they had a discussion about what precipitated this.  They said that it was because the Seahawks were trying to bowl over the Jags' center, and thus Bortles, to force a fumble and get the ball back.  Little Mike (Golic) said that it was wrong of Seattle to do because there's an understanding that when a team goes into the victory formation, the other team knows to accept it.  Big Mike said screw that because the game was within a TD and Seattle had just scored a TD on 1 play and there is no understanding and just a desire to win the game.  He actually got pretty heated with his son, which I found interesting.  Previously I thought like Little Mike, but now I think I'm on Big Mike's side.

I don't think a team has to accept it if they don't want to. I've wondered for years why a team doesn't have some guy try to guess the snap count and jump over and hit the QB to make him fumble.  Something like that. If you guess wrong it's a penalty. Oh well.

It's just one of the unwritten football rules I guess. But I think it's dumb.