McD failed too many times

The juice

So I suppose this is yet another call for a coaching change .... Please no, we don’t need to be Cleveland.  The D looked solid for the first half.  The Offense is a different story.  McDerrmott and Bean have at least one more season to get a draft in and move on from Tyrod Taylor.  Who knows maybe Peterman is the answer.  I’m guessing he will get the remainder of the season as an audition.

Only problem I had was his handling of the end of the first half. You know the Pats are getting the ball to start the 2nd half, and they have the opportunity to put the game out of reach by scoring 14 in a row before you get a chance to possess the ball. They have all 3 timeouts, its Tom Freaking Brady, they are not running out of time. Use your freaking timeouts and get the ball back with a minute.

Then to get the ball back with 15 seconds ,  put the ball in the air with a pickable pass, and then run that stupid draw to Cadet that can only result in a fumble, just really bad game day coaching.

You realize that his defense held Tom Brady to 9 points in the first half... right?

You also realize that our defense has like zero good players on it....right?

He's a rookie head coach. Rookies make mistakes.

By all accounts he has done great things for the team culture and defense in less than one season.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Hey the didn't lose by 40.  Defense played great and got worn out. I think he knows they need new QB/Offensive coordinator.

I agree.  Sean seems to have the pulse of this team.  Even with the benching of Tyrod, it didn't work out, but the move needed to be made.

I'm still not sure how good Dennison is or isn't.  Having Taylor at QB isn't a good gauge for his offense.

21 minutes ago, The juice said:

Too many times this year with blunders in and out of game. Yesterday, the terrible challenge when Brady’s knee hit with NO ONE touching him. Disgusting 

This is complete and utter nonsense. That challenge was to hopefully get the refs to see the clear and ditinct intentional grounding. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I'm not buying it.  I think he;s an excellent coach, the guys commit far less penalties, and the defense has played most of the year like they understand the scheme.  I can't believe people are trying to run the guy out already.  nonsense...

Most thought the team would win 4-5 games. Team is 6-6 and some fans are trying to run a first year coach out of town already. It is mind boggling.

1 minute ago, Bill_with_it said:

This is complete and utter nonsense. That challenge was to hopefully get the refs to see the clear and ditinct intentional grounding. 

I'm pretty sure I've never seen refs call a penalty after reviewing the tape. I know you can't challenge penalties. Can a ref call a new penalty that wasn't noticed on the field while reviewing the tape for a different infraction? I'm no rules expert but I don't think they can.

26 minutes ago, The juice said:

Too many times this year with blunders in and out of game. Yesterday, the terrible challenge when Brady’s knee hit with NO ONE touching him. Disgusting 

If you watched his reaction to the call not being over-turned, the reason he challenged was because this should have been flagged for intentional grounding. (which can be challenged)

I felt the same way at first, but he clearly was upset that they gave no explanation to why intentional grounding was not called.

10 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

You realize that his defense held Tom Brady to 9 points in the first half... right?

You also realize that our defense has like zero good players on it....right?

He's a rookie head coach. Rookies make mistakes.

By all accounts he has done great things for the team culture and defense in less than one season.

bro, you're casting pearls before swine in this thread. 

3 minutes ago, MDH said:

Most thought the team would win 4-5 games. Team is 6-6 and some fans are trying to run a first year coach out of town already. It is mind boggling.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen refs call a penalty after reviewing the tape. I know you can't challenge penalties. Can a ref call a new penalty that wasn't noticed on the field while reviewing the tape for a different infraction? I'm no rules expert but I don't think they can.

I am unsure, however, watching the game its clear that was what Sean was showing the refs and not what the op thought was going on (down by contact). Sean even displayed the intentional grounding sign..

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I'm not buying it.  I think he;s an excellent coach, the guys commit far less penalties, and the defense has played most of the year like they understand the scheme.  I can't believe people are trying to run the guy out already.  nonsense...

An excellent coach wouldn't be .500 on the outside looking in at the playoffs. 

Not saying he won't get there, but he's not there yet. 

9 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I'm still not sure how good Dennison is or isn't.  Having Taylor at QB isn't a good gauge for his offense.

I'm not sure I want to give Dennison another year to find out given his penchant for poorly planned games and play calls.  Probably smarter to just move on from him.  Tyrod and Dennison's offense mix like water and oil.

31 minutes ago, fridge said:

My favorite blunder was the timeout he took with 2:04 after 3rd down.  The game was over so it didn't matter, but it was so wrong that it has me concerned.

See I agree with you on that.  I see it sooooo often around the league and announcers say "smart play they will be able to get one more play off this side of the 2 minute warning" as if that is in itself something to celebrate.  IT wastes a valuable asset for the benefit of 4 seconds.  It is a dumb use of a TO.  

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

See I agree with you on that.  I see it sooooo often around the league and announcers say "smart play they will be able to get one more play off this side of the 2 minute warning" as if that is in itself something to celebrate.  IT wastes a valuable asset for the benefit of 4 seconds.  It is a dumb use of a TO.  

In this instance it didn't even save 4 seconds really. It made no sense.

49 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

How is he an excellent coach out of curiosity?

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

He has a team that is lacking talent in some areas in the playoff picture.  He has the team playing hard for him. 

People always say they lack talent which is true. But he's part of the reason why they are lacking in talent.... Beane and mcd traded away good players and have brought in their own players players that they wanted... I'm not saying fire him, but I'm definitely not announcing him as a good coach yet

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, fridge said:

My favorite blunder was the timeout he took with 2:04 after 3rd down.  The game was over so it didn't matter, but it was so wrong that it has me concerned.

Yeah that one had me scratching my head as well.  Even if his intention was just to give Peterman a couple more plays practice, it was the wrong move.

This off season McCoach needs to get an analytics person to either teach him clock management and give him a cheat sheet he can go to during games, or have that analyst on a headset to help him do the smart thing and prevent him from doing the dumb thing during those situations.  

Edited by CodeMonkey

It is not the head coach... this team has no talent.  The little talent we do have is getting old or just injured and out.  Our QB was figured out by the entire league.

If we could magically steal Brady and Hoodie, we would be only slightly better. Our WR's are just horrific, both D and O line is showing age, LB are slow, RB is great but how much longer can he do it.  I will even say he is looking like he lost a bit of a step.  Our TE's scare no one....

No one prepares to play us and thinks to themselves, "oh $#@* watch our for number.... he will kill us" 

By the way the Sabres are in worse shape and I don't know why.... Because they have talent. 

1 hour ago, Dorkington said:

Disgree.  I love the fact that he's never content.  I think you stick with a guy that works as hard as he does so long as we keep seeing improvements.

I honestly expected 40pts from the PATs.  24 pts from a team who's offense was so pitiful is a huge improvement compared the Jets/Sains/Chargers performances.

Edited by Jobot
I misread your statement originally

1 hour ago, The juice said:

Horrible challenge. The he sits on his butt with that horrible spot that just GAVE the Pats a first and as they should, the Pats ran a quick play to be sure McD didn't wake up in time.

3 hours ago, Dorkington said:

Ohh, make no mistake, I am not crowning him coach of the year either...  just kind of impressed that he's got this group of gutless pansies led by arguably the most inaccurate QB in modern NFL history at .500 so far.  I'll also add that if he finishes at 6-10, which was my prediction when they were 5-2, I'd still be impressed.  never have I witnessed such a collection of incapable players, not since, well... yesterday when I caught the Brownies get de-trousered by an average chargers team.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dorkington said:

Have you seen this Roster?

Im not a McD guy...but im willing to give him his time and a fair shot

He explained on WGR just now that at the time it occurred, they were well into the 2nd qtr and they come and take your challenge flag with 2 min to go in the 2nd qtr. he wanted them to slow it down and take another look, not only for that play, but perhaps later in the game if the same thing happened they might not call it the same way after reviewing that one. He said there wasn’t much downside to the challenge.