Lunch with Doug!

Mr. WEO

https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/lunch-with-doug-whaley-former-general-manager-of-1423000

Ok, which of you is the sole bidder?

My favorite "details": 

• Location and date of lunch are subject to Doug's availability.
  • The cost of the lunch is included. (!)

And "Rules and Regulations":

• Blackout dates may apply.
  •  Polite manners and respect for the generous donor (Whaley, not you) and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must.

Bid now and bid often!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Another day, another Doug.

That would be pretty cool to sit down and talk with a GM (current or former) just to get some real insight on what it's like behind the scenes of running an NFL team.

Doug's a good scout, has a pretty good eye for players but I think his team building philosophy wasn't well thought out. "I'll draft guys from big name schools who are used to winning and that winning will spill over into our locker room." Yeah, not so much.

"In his time with the Steelers, Whaley helped scout and draft defensive players such as Lamarr Woodley, Troy Polamalu and Lawrence Timmons."

He was good at finding vet players to bring to Buffalo.

If I could afford it , heck ya I still like Doug. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

They guy who bid goes by the name 'Schwartzie'.

You cant make this crap up!

"Hi Doug, my name is Jim Schwarz and I just have one question for you - what were you thinking letting me go?"

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mead107 said:

7 meadcoins 

Start the bidding low, then you can always go up! 

2 hours ago, Heitz said:

"Hi Doug, my name is Jim Schwarz and I just have one question for you - what were you thinking letting me go?"

Has the dog had access to your credit card lately? 

22 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Hey Doug do you think we can trade away this steak for some more carrots and green beans?

Doug: Sure Clueless. It will save me money since I am paying. I did not know you were a vegetarian as well as a vegetable.

13 hours ago, Chris Brown said:

As a person who has eaten with Doug Whaley I can tell you that the conversation is not informative. For what it's worth, he also splits the check.

Chris Brown

Your are closer to a Charlie Brown than a Chris Brown.

charlie_brown__you_blockhead_by_k_rak_it