Tyrod wins this game.

ChicagoRic

25 minutes ago, mannc said:

No way to know, but at least they have a chance with Tyrod.  I think a lot of veterans will see this as a game given away with an historically poor coach’s decision, where a win puts this team in pretty good playoff position.  That’s how you lose a locker room.

Agreed.

Do we win with Taylor? No one will ever know. However, I thought it was silly to start a rookie when the team is the 6th seed in the playoff hunt and it is a winnable game against a "weak" opponent (theoretically weak as LA didn't look "weak" at all). I don't see many wins in the Bills future at this point (and really hope I am wrong), but this one was given away by the coach before kick-off.

Tyrod is a Rex guy.

McD could not wait to purge yet another Rex guy.

Jets game was not great but Taylor balled out in that mostly defensive debacle.

NO game gave McD his first real chance to move on from TT - it was like a fantasy come true.

Well, he just ejaculated all over himself on national TV.

Indefensible decision if he is going to stick to the "we are also trying to win now" narrative.

Pathetic. Man up and just say we are rebuilding - much more respect for that.

44 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

I called the QB decision this past week an unmitigated disaster.   I stand by that.  The Peterman experiment should be over. 

Tyrod would have come into this game with something to prove and likely would have pulled out the win.

Hoping now that his benching has given him the motivation to play with heat to the end of this season to end his tenure with the Bills.

So didn't he have something to prove after the Jet game?  He played just as bad the next week, actually played much worse.  I'm not against TT, but posts like this are just plain stupid as TT has done very little to earn any trust.

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

Tyrod needed to be benched to throw the ball down the field? What kinda crap is that?

Why couldnt he just be aggressive naturally?

This!!!!

All day!!!!

Why wasn’t he showing us that last week?

And in Garbage Time, he still threw some crappy balls as usual.

The pass he did hit to Z.Jones on the left sideline, why can’t he ever throw it so the receiver can stay in and get YAC? That would have been a TD if he doesn’t run him out.

Over threw someone in the right corner of EZ who was open but as usual, didn’t pull the trigger in time.

We don’t have a QB on this team!

I am glad we lost and hope we lose the remainder.  This team is not going anywhere.

1 hour ago, ChicagoRic said:

I called the QB decision this past week an unmitigated disaster.   I stand by that.  The Peterman experiment should be over. 

Tyrod would have come into this game with something to prove and likely would have pulled out the win.

Hoping now that his benching has given him the motivation to play with heat to the end of this season to end his tenure with the Bills.

The Peterman start was a bad decision I agree, but I doubt Tyrod wins this one.  Lynn knows exactly what to do to stop TT.   So does the rest of the NFL. 

Now, lets hope TT gets the "motivation" to beat KC next week. 

And then you woke up... look the change at QB had a small chance of working butvplaying Taylor had even less. Teams have been keeping him in the pocket and he's had zero answers. They've been " making him be a QB" and daring him to throw the ball. Anothony Lynn wasn't going to give him any chance to do what he can do well. Wasn't going to happen by a long shot. If Taylor is a good QB he should be able to beat a fading Chiefs team and won't be phased at Arrowhead where he's played before. They couldn't risk playing a rook in that stadium so it was worth a shot. 

Which Tyrod are you going to get if you start him?  

By your theory, having played terrible 2 weeks ago, TT should have had something to prove last week ... and he crapped the bed again.

The bottom line is this team has no QB worthy of being a starter in the NFL.  And a defense that doesn't seem to belong in the NFL either.

Yeah just like he did the past two weeks, bottom line is the defense isn't good enough and he isn't good enough.

• Like (+1) 1

You do know the Chargers have a slightly better version of the Jets defense. Taylor would've lost this game and looked just as bad as Peterman. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Tyrod doesn't win this game. The offense still struggled even after the Chargers had gone home. Nothing fixes this team, we got lucky with turnovers at the beginning of the year and that luck has run out.

13 minutes ago, skibum said:

If you consider the Chargers scored 30 points off turnovers, then you'll see it's not a stretch at all. And of course the D was bad - they were on the field for the entire first half!

So every turnover turns into a punt. The Chargers might only have scored 40, you're right.

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

And then you woke up... look the change at QB had a small chance of working butvplaying Taylor had even less. Teams have been keeping him in the pocket and he's had zero answers. They've been " making him be a QB" and daring him to throw the ball. Anothony Lynn wasn't going to give him any chance to do what he can do well. Wasn't going to happen by a long shot. If Taylor is a good QB he should be able to beat a fading Chiefs team and won't be phased at Arrowhead where he's played before. They couldn't risk playing a rook in that stadium so it was worth a shot. 

Yep and it is on the offensive staff to find ways to beat what the other team is doing and get creative with the plays being called. How about giving your starting qb the option to audible once in a while. This offensive staff has done Taylor no favors by trying to make him into something he is not a pocket passer. The defense was the key to turning around the season and they have failed so maybe McDermott needs to spend more time fixing that first.

You can speculate all you want. 

There me is no way to know if the result would have been different. 

Zero.   

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yeah just like he did the past two weeks, bottom line is the defense isn't good enough and he isn't good enough.

Exactly 

somehow we ended up with the worst defense in the NFL. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lol.  He likely would’ve pulled out the win?  No doubT that peterman was the worst qb on the planet today but our defense is a joke.  Our front 7 is close to useless. Need 2 new DTs and 2-3 new linebackers (Milano might be one, but he doesn’t play anymore so we won’t know til next year).  Alexander is one of my favorite players but he can’t play LB.  he should be a pass rusher and ST player.  He tried and I applaud him for that.  He’s just not good playing 4-3 SLB. I hate Preston Brown.  Always will.  Please leave via free agency.  Please.  

Poyers play has fallen off a cliff since his injury.  Leonard Johnson is a gamer but isn’t very good in coverage half the time.  White played a solid game.  Gaines had his moments but we just couldn’t come up with the stops on 3rd down.  

Rivers showed us what good QB play is.  Something our QBs don’t currently have.  Peterman or Tyrod today.  I doubt it would’ve changed the result.  Our offense isn’t good enough to save this defense when playing be a good qb.  Shady would’ve kept it close, but an L in the loss column nonetheless

Its kind of easy for a seasoned QB to show what good play is when he faced almost no pressure all game, had receivers running free, and had receivers getting good yards after catch.  Its also easy when you start a lot of drives from the 50 yardline or better.

That is not to detract from what Rivers is.  He is a damn good QB.  Just saying though...

2 hours ago, Imissbeastmode said:

Can’t throw interceptions if you don’t throw the ball.

258FB7CB-05E5-4DD2-8161-F31B89CB1257.jpeg

Tyrod Taylor 1095 attempts 15 INTs as a starting QB

Nate Peterman 14 attempts 5 INTs as a starting QB

1 hour ago, skibum said:

If you consider the Chargers scored 30 points off turnovers, then you'll see it's not a stretch at all. And of course the D was bad - they were on the field for the entire first half!

Only one interception was a pick 6. The others they had to drive the field which they did with ease and would have regardless where they started. 

2 hours ago, billieve420 said:

With this defense doubt Taylor would have won the game anyway. Trading away Dareus mid season for a nothing pick will be a decision they regret.

With how the season has unfolded, I would go back to Peterson next week. I did not agree with benching Taylor while still in contention and I am sure the Vets on the team would agree. However, what is done is done and the season is lost as this was a must win game. 

However, with how this team has been playing the most important objective now is to see what you have in Peterman. Need to see if you can even count on him to be the backup next year or if you need to sign another veteran. What I wouldn't do is pick up Taylor's option and try to trade him. If you are going to stick with Dennison then you need to find QB who fits system they are trying to run.

We aren't totally done yet.  Right now the only team in our way is the Ravens.  The Bills need to win some football games though.  Baltimore could still lose to Hou, Pitts, and Cinci.  They aren't that good.  Not that we are right now, but you never know.

2 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

Three and outs are no better than an INT except for field position. They still hang 50 on us. 

3 and outs don't give the other team the ball in our own end zone or in field goal range the majority of the time.  

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

You do know the Chargers have a slightly better version of the Jets defense. Taylor would've lost this game and looked just as bad as Peterman. 

Peterman had the worst performance of any QB since the merger.  Tyrod is an average QB and Peterman couldn't hold his jock.  Look just as bad OMG.

I keep saying it and I'll say it again.

The Bills are not even close to just being a QB away.

They have so many holes on this team. It's almost like an expansion team.

Blaming TT for the past 2 games is crazy to me. He sucked against the Saints for sure, but every QB has bad games.

Whether it is Peterman or TT or Matt Stafford at QB, it honestly doesn't matter right now. If they don't fix their o line, get more playmakers, get better coaching, and completely fix their defence, this team will stink up the joint week after week

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

You can speculate all you want. 

There me is no way to know if the result would have been different. 

Zero.   

Exactly 

somehow we ended up with the worst defense in the NFL. 

So strange, we looked so good and then after the Marcy trade they fell apart, even though he didn't do much when he was here.

I'm hoping Milano gets more time. He won't solve the problem but at least he made plays. What we really is a big run stuffer, can Ted Washington still play.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

You're nuts. Tyrod playing would have made it only slightly less of an ass-kicking. That's because it the rest of the team is playing like garbage. 

9 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Tyrod seemed like he played more aggressively. I think his benching lit a fire under him— maybe the small silver lining from today. 

Agreed.  Hopefully if/when he gets the starting nod he takes a more aggressive approach

12 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Drive the field?  What 20 30 yards in some cases?  10 yards in another?

This, plus they were driving those short distances against a D that had to run back out on the field with no time to rest or discuss and refine their game plan, again and again. With a veteran perennial Pro Bowl QB at the helm. 

INTs are much harder for a team to overcome than 3-and-outs with punts. 

12 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Tyrod seemed like he played more aggressively. I think his benching lit a fire under him— maybe the small silver lining from today. 

It looked that way.  But TT was still off target with everyone but Zay  

(that rookie than many said sucked his first 5 games) 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So strange, we looked so good and then after the Marcy trade they fell apart, even though he didn't do much when he was here.

I'm hoping Milano gets more time. He won't solve the problem but at least he made plays. What we really is a big run stuffer, can Ted Washington still play.

It doesn't make sense.  One guy shouldn't be the reason everyone forgot how to tackle. 

11 hours ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Taylor may not have thrown INT's but that didnt stop him from fumbling for 6 points. The Bills defense did not stop Rivers. Chargers only punted a couple times. Even his back up engineered scoring drives.

Sad but true.