Lets get crazy--Andrew Luck

dayman

8 hours ago, dayman said:

Poisoned relationship in Indy. Coming of a season where he has a bad injury that is shrouded in mystery and potentially really bad long term for his shoulder. Perhaps a reasonable price is on his head (maybe only 1 1st or something). 

Lets get crazy. 

If Peterman isn't the guy then I'm all in.

3 hours ago, fridge said:

Luck is...quite possibly... the most overrated athlete of my lifetime.

Bingo.

he is also evidently a whack job who thinks American doctors aren't good enough for him.

But by all means let's give up half of our draft picks for the next five years, a few players and a crippling percentage of our salary cap every year.  That'll work.

9 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

No thanks on Luck, at this point NP has more upside and a higher ceiling. He's a very similar player to Luck anyway.

Just when I thought your posts on Peterman couldn't get any more bias you come out with this....... And totally redeem yourself!

8 hours ago, jaybee said:

Overrated. Throws picks as a hobby. Has Indy made the playoffs with him holding the keys?  I honestly dont know but I'd be just as content with Tyrod as I would Luck.  Bad job by you on that idea IMHO.  Lets roll the dice with Nate and take it from there.  Our franchise (whatever the hell that means) QB may well be on our roster right freaking now.

Really? In his first three professional seasons, Luck has led the Colts to three playoff appearances including two AFC South division titles in 2013 and 2014, also earning a Pro Bowl selection in each season. In the 2013–14 NFL playoffs, he led the Colts to the second largest playoff comeback in NFL history.

If Luck was healthy and the Bills acquired him that would be awesome. He's the ideal QB for the system the coaching staff has such a passion to run. Timing, accuracy, vision and arm strength (when healthy). A first and a second would probably do it but I just don't think he'll ever be "right" again. Plus the Buffalo weather and winters would wreak havoc on his body and shoulder. Hard pass.

Andrew Luck will be 29 years old opening week of the 2018 NFL season and coming off of a missed season with a shoulder injury.

If the Bills commit to spending a kings ransom of draft picks for a franchise QB, I want it to be a young guy that grows with what will

also be a needed OL rebuild. Leave Luck to remain as the Colts problem.

Everytime something like this comes up I'm reminded how many people here only watch Bills games.

If the Colts actually put Luck on the market and he's medically cleared, I'd give up 2 1st plus a little more easily.  However, getting that medical clearance does not seem overly likely.

I think it's a moot point though, it doesn't seem teams are too enamored with the QBs this year absent Darnold and if they are the Browns and Giants are almost surely going QB and will likely pick above the Colts, not to mention Denver, Cincy or the Chargers could go QB and pay a ransom for San Fran's pick if they put it on the block.  Basically it's a catch 22, if Indy is willing to trade Luck there's a reason and teams are rolling the dice.

As for comparing his upside to Peterman, or comparing them as prospects, people have rocks in their head. 

11 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Never have been impressed by Luck.  Let's play a few games and see what we have in NP.

11 hours ago, dulles said:

I'm not a big fan of taking QBs on the downward slope of their career.  I think Luck is fading and I don't think he'd be inclined toward joining another team that has OLine issues.

My thoughts are the same. 

We wont see the 2nd coming of Manning after a underachieving era in Indy.  

Finish the season before suggesting this type of move.   

Jim Irsay told Tony Dungy that Andrew Luck's injury is 'inside his head'

Worth noting: This was during one of the commercial cut-ins of the show and, as Patrick noted Tuesday, it is very possible/likely that Dungy did not know his mic was on.

Paul Pabst of the show reached out to Dungy to confirm the quotes Tuesday, and relayed that Dungy heard the comments from Irsay during a "group conversation in September."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-irsay-told-tony-dungy-that-andrew-lucks-injury-is-inside-his-head/

Ex-Colts linebacker thinks Andrew Luck's NFL career is over despite GM's comments

During a recent interview on NFL Network's Good Morning Football, former Colts player D'Qwell Jackson was asked when he thought Luck would be back on the field and he had ominous answer

"I don't think we are [going to see Luck again]. I don't think we are," Jackson said. "If you take a step back, if you look at most guys' injuries around the league, if they been out for eight, nine, 10 months, you're talking career-ending injuries. No one's mentioned that."

The crazy thing about Jackson's comments is that he made them on Oct. 28, a full five days before the Colts made Thursday's decision to place their star quarterback on injured reserve. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-colts-linebacker-thinks-andrew-lucks-nfl-career-is-over-despite-gms-comments/

Report: Andrew Luck seeking treatment on shoulder in Europe Updated  Nov. 11, 2017

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/11/11/andrew-luck-shoulder-treatment-europe-indianapolis-colts/855297001/

Edited by ALF
added info

If the shoulder is good to go....I would do it in a heartbeat!  But only if the shoulder is 100%.....

On 11/17/2017 at 10:18 AM, blacklabel said:

If there was an emoji that expressed, "DAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA" I'd use it here.

Whitney said it best....crack is whack man!

57 minutes ago, ALF said:

Jim Irsay told Tony Dungy that Andrew Luck's injury is 'inside his head'

Worth noting: This was during one of the commercial cut-ins of the show and, as Patrick noted Tuesday, it is very possible/likely that Dungy did not know his mic was on.

Paul Pabst of the show reached out to Dungy to confirm the quotes Tuesday, and relayed that Dungy heard the comments from Irsay during a "group conversation in September."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jim-irsay-told-tony-dungy-that-andrew-lucks-injury-is-inside-his-head/

Ex-Colts linebacker thinks Andrew Luck's NFL career is over despite GM's comments

During a recent interview on NFL Network's Good Morning Football, former Colts player D'Qwell Jackson was asked when he thought Luck would be back on the field and he had ominous answer

"I don't think we are [going to see Luck again]. I don't think we are," Jackson said. "If you take a step back, if you look at most guys' injuries around the league, if they been out for eight, nine, 10 months, you're talking career-ending injuries. No one's mentioned that."

The crazy thing about Jackson's comments is that he made them on Oct. 28, a full five days before the Colts made Thursday's decision to place their star quarterback on injured reserve. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ex-colts-linebacker-thinks-andrew-lucks-nfl-career-is-over-despite-gms-comments/

Report: Andrew Luck seeking treatment on shoulder in Europe Updated  Nov. 11, 2017

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/11/11/andrew-luck-shoulder-treatment-europe-indianapolis-colts/855297001/

"Seeking experimental shoulder treatment abroad " certainly worked for Bartolo Colon.  http://www.espn.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=6588918

Edited by The Frankish Reich

On 11/16/2017 at 8:22 PM, dayman said:

Poisoned relationship in Indy. Coming of a season where he has a bad injury that is shrouded in mystery and potentially really bad long term for his shoulder. Perhaps a reasonable price is on his head (maybe only 1 1st or something). 

Lets get crazy. 

The Saints took a chance and traded for a QB with a shoulder injury. If there is any chance you can get Luck for two 1st rd picks and a 2nd rd pick you do it in a heart beat.

On 11/16/2017 at 10:13 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

No thanks on Luck, at this point NP has more upside and a higher ceiling. He's a very similar player to Luck anyway.

hahaha.  in what Galaxy?  

43 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I'd trade fro him. They though Brees couldn't bounce back either.

This.  Both shoulder injuries, both taking time to heal.  I absolutely would make the call.  Trade 2 first Rds, this years and next.  He is the best prospect still.  He did a lot with a pretty poor team in Indy.  

On 11/16/2017 at 9:22 PM, dayman said:

Lets get crazy. 

Overrated

3 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Saints took a chance and traded for a QB with a shoulder injury. If there is any chance you can get Luck for two 1st rd picks and a 2nd rd pick you do it in a heart beat.

Pretty sure Brees was released not traded for

At this point, if we’re gettinf a veteran QB, I’d rather put the money out there and go after Cousins. He’s got a good resume and would allow us to keep the picks and use them elsewhere on the roster. 

Then go flip Tyrod for a 3rd or 4th Round Pick too ?

• 4 weeks later...

The Colts are going to be in good position to get a qb high. What if they are looking to trade Luck to gain picks. The uncertainty of his physical future could make for a very affordable/doable deal.

I don't know, I was just thinking about it. Next year's first, a third this year? Would it be worth the gamble? We should obviously have better protection next year and with all the Cousins talk ,what about Luck?

I can't see why they would not be looking at a qb high in the draft.

Edited by billsredneck1

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

The Colts are going to be in good position to get a qb high. What if they are looking to trade Luck to gain picks. The uncertainty of his physical future could make for a very affordable/doable deal.

I don't know, I was just thinking about it. Next year's first, a third this year? Would it be worth the gamble? We should obviously have better protection next year and with all the Cousins talk ,what about Luck?

Well to play devils advocate, why would you give away your current franchise QB to take a gamble and draft one who may or may not be a franchise QB??? 

The only "negative" of Luck is his shoulder....if they move on from him I would want nothing to do with him because they obviously have big red flags regarding his phyiscal future 

• Like (+1) 1

If the Colts are looking to move on from Luck and draft a new franchise guy...chances are high they know something about his prognosis other teams and especially fans would not. 

A healthy Luck? Yes, I'd be in. A Luck with uncertainty in his health and longevity? I'll steer clear. 

57 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Well to play devils advocate, why would you give away your current franchise QB to take a gamble and draft one who may or may not be a franchise QB??? 

The only "negative" of Luck is his shoulder....if they move on from him I would want nothing to do with him because they obviously have big red flags regarding his phyiscal future 

Injury prone playoff turnover machine for lots of high picks and a back breaking salary cap hit.  That sounds smart.

58 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

He may return as the new Chad Pennington

• Like (+1) 2

well i've heard recently that he is rehabbing in Europe, if i'm not mistaken and there isn't a structural or physical issue ,just a different approach to rehabbing. i don't know what the salary cap situation is in indy so maybe that is a consideration. they never assembled much around peyton over the years, maybe they take a different approach and like what they see in brissett and would chose multiple picks and and some extra cash....not to mention they can draft a qb high.....which is the point i think a few responds have missed.

maybe luck can be had for reasonable picks and maybe he won't be able to get cousins money.  just a thought.

1 hour ago, billsredneck1 said:

Why would you trade high draft picks for a QB you say may have uncertainty  because of his injury?

If he was healthy, it would take more than a 1st and a 3rd to get him. You're looking 2 firsts to start, I would think.

51 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

or drew brees

This is true

50 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well i've heard recently that he is rehabbing in Europe, if i'm not mistaken and there isn't a structural or physical issue ,just a different approach to rehabbing. i don't know what the salary cap situation is in indy so maybe that is a consideration. they never assembled much around peyton over the years, maybe they take a different approach and like what they see in brissett and would chose multiple picks and and some extra cash....not to mention they can draft a qb high.....which is the point i think a few responds have missed.

maybe luck can be had for reasonable picks and maybe he won't be able to get cousins money.  just a thought.

Didn't Luck sign like a 7 year $140,000,00+ deal a year or two ago?

Edited by H2o

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why would you trade high draft picks for a QB you say may have uncertainty  because of his injury?

If he was healthy, it would take more than a 1st and a 3rd to get him. You're looking 2 firsts to start, I would think.

a 1st and next year's 1st....shouldn't take any more than that as long as indy takes the moving expenses contract wise. i'm sure they could use two 1round picks this year.

looking at the possible veteran qb moves this off season , maybe he will be in the mix. all just something i was thinking about.