Every Nate Peterman throw from the Saints game

HappyDays

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You said "the game ended after that".

I was referencing that the Bills run D and Taylor played like that too....like the game ended.

I was talking about the Bills' last offensive drive, and Peterman's throw to Matthews in particular. Then you said 'then it just didn't happen again after that' which is where I got taken to the hospital.

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

On the TD the announcer says showed patience until the play developed and threw it in there. Not  ran around in circles until he was dizzy then threw a 5 yard pass to Tolbert when he needed 10

Scrambles! Excitement! And it is exciting until he has to throw for a first down and checks to Toldozer instead.

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

On the TD the announcer says showed patience until the play developed and threw it in there. Not  ran around in circles until he was dizzy then threw a 5 yard pass to Tolbert when he needed 10

This made me laugh but it's true.  Taylor loves to get dizzy and throw to Tobert far short of the sticks.

i kid i kid...

It's really simple for me.  The only things we really know for sure are that:

1) Bills are not winning the SuperBowl

2) TT is not the QB of the future for this team, probably gone after this year

So the question is, how to the Bills end the playoff skid while still setting themselves up well for the future.  Keep playing TT or give Peterman a shot?  At this point, I think either is a coin flip to get the Bills in the playoffs.  Playing Peterman at least helps the FO and coaching staff know how high of a priority QB is in the draft next year.

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I already see the future. Peterman will start 3 games, where he will have 200 yards and led us to about 17 points/ game.  Then in a year where we have 2 1st rounders, which all offseason was thought to be a great QB draft so we could pass on Watson, we will talk ourselves into NP as a franchise guy.  We will draft Sammy and Marcell’s Replacements and maybe pick a qb in the 6th round.

then, NP will be revealed to be Trent Edwards part 2 and we wasted 3 years again while guys like Watson, Mahomes, Rosen, & Darnold turn into good starting nfl qbs.  

Well Tyrod is playing like Trent Edwards part 2 so no win there.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Get real. Peterman's presence is not the determining factor on whether they should invest resources in a future QB. 

Texans QB before got hurt started behind Tom Savage and looked badass before injury there is that.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

TT looked pretty good last week in the last half of the Jets game too, but that was just garbage time and doesn't count, right?

Getting excited cause a late round backup came in and had a successful drive in garbage time in a blowout game? This must be a first.........

The difference is the defense went to prevent for the Jets versus the same defense for New Orleans who was trying to prevent a lone TD on the day. 

That defense wanted to leave it at 3 points on the day. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Well Tyrod is playing like Trent Edwards part 2 so no win there.

Texans QB before got hurt started behind Tom Savage and looked badass before injury there is that.

So wait. Now you're comparing DeShaun Watson and Peterman?  Okay. 

CompleteAggravatingAchillestang-max-14mb

19 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I was talking about the Bills' last offensive drive, and Peterman's throw to Matthews in particular. Then you said 'then it just didn't happen again after that' which is where I got taken to the hospital.

I see why I confused you.  I thought you were talking about the very first drive with Taylor.

The biggest thing Tyrod has going for him is the ball security. However, the constant 3 and outs give the opposing offense good field position consistently, which isn't a whole lot better than throwing an interception. I would rather have a QB that throws more interceptions, yet moves the ball, gets us in scoring position consistently and keeps our defense off the field. I would throw Peterman in and see what he can do. It can't be worse than we've been getting. This offense really has been putrid the last two weeks.

In the NFL you have to throw the football to an area and not to a player..Tyrod cannot do this.. against a bad team he can make plays with his legs and buy himself some time to find an open man.. We need a friggin QB that can throw to where a receiver is going to be or sling it to an area where only your wide receiver can make  a play on it, and do it within 3 seconds. If anything Peterman had shown promise to be able to do this...I have yet to see him play poorly Ive had all i can stand with Tyrod. Maybe we get blown out buy the chargers and we can have more material to rant about starting him

Wow...he passes my eye test. Not afraid to throw into coverage??

He actually scans the field as well and still gets it off fast.

If people can't see the fundamental differences between this kid and tt

even with that small sample, i don't know what to say.

ps...i still dont believe they should throw him into the fire this season,

this season is a lost cause mostly because the defense.

Edited by Albwan

3 hours ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

I don't buy that reasoning for a second. NFL Coaches, by and large, are some of the most cowardly bastards on the planet. They HATE to make changes and they HATE to take risks. Why do you think so many of them punt on 4th and 3 even when playing from behind?

Right now McDermott is like "well, if we play Tyrod and lose too much and miss the playoffs,  my exposure to criticism is minimized because I stuck with my starting QB. Tyrod will get the bulk of the blame, we can cast him off in the off season, and try again with someone new in 2018". If he makes the move to bench Tyrod for Peterman now and it doesn't work, he'll get ALL the blame. Tyrod will look like a victim of a bad coaching decision and Peterman will look like a victim of being thrown to the wolves while he was still too raw. It would truly take a coach with balls to make the decision to bench Tyrod at this point in the season.

Seriously though, does anyone think Belichick would still be playing Tyrod? Me either.

in a nutshell

1 hour ago, brianb386 said:

The biggest thing Tyrod has going for him is the ball security. However, the constant 3 and outs give the opposing offense good field position consistently, which isn't a whole lot better than throwing an interception. I would rather have a QB that throws more interceptions, yet moves the ball, gets us in scoring position consistently and keeps our defense off the field. I would throw Peterman in and see what he can do. It can't be worse than we've been getting. This offense really has been putrid the last two weeks.

not to mention that there is probably no one in the fo that is even considering keeping tt next year.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Tom Brady as well behind Bledsoe, can say same for Aaron Rodgers as well as Kurt Warner (who was before working at grocery store)

Closer situational comparison would be Russell Wilson though it remains to be seen if NP gets to be even half as good as him. 

I was really impressed (garbage time or not) how he had a real good feel for routes.  He went through multiple reads and only had one play to a RB/FB.

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Taylor was awesome in garbage time a mere ten days before. Never forget that in a situation like that - up 47-3 - the primary goal of every defender is avoiding injury. 

Not yesterday though.  I think Tyrod actually got worse the later it got, yet Peterman did well because he actually threw the ball

Peterman reminds me a lot of Kirk Cousins.

Both small, limited physical skills (which is why both were drafted late), but both are tough-minded overachievers who just know how to trust what they see and sling the football accurately.

I know some here think Cousins stinks for some reason, but those posters are morons.

3 hours ago, Albwan said:

Wow...he passes my eye test. Not afraid to throw into coverage??

He actually scans the field as well and still gets it off fast.

If people can't see the fundamental differences between this kid and tt

even with that small sample, i don't know what to say.

ps...i still dont believe they should throw him into the fire this season,

this season is a lost cause mostly because the defense.

Why not?

I have a theory...could it be that McD doesn't start Peterman because he doesn't see anything that stands out in practice? Allow me to explain.

Peterman seems like a "meat & potatos" type of player to me- nothing flashy but just does his job...maybe he's the type of guy that doesn't wow the coaches in practice but excels in the games, when the lights are brightest- kind of the opposite of Tyrod...maybe McD keeps Tyrod in because he excels in practice when the bullets aren't live.

Think of Peterman's Clemson game- lights were brightest and he had the game of his life...just a thought.

43 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Peterman reminds me a lot of Kirk Cousins.

Both small, limited physical skills (which is why both were drafted late), but both are tough-minded overachievers who just know how to trust what they see and sling the football accurately.

I know some here think Cousins stinks for some reason, but those posters are morons.

The guy has put up really good numbers without Reed being at full strength and his WR corps. being one of their weakest units on the team. I'd be happy with Cousins signing here but that is a pipe dream at this point. 

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

The guy has put up really good numbers without Reed being at full strength and his WR corps. being one of their weakest units on the team. I'd be happy with Cousins signing here but that is a pipe dream at this point. 

Why would Cousins sign here? Redskins aren't letting him go.

What I'd like to know is...from someone who knows more about football than me...

A.) How much time did Peterman have to throw against that 'prevent' garbage time D? Versus how much time did Taylor have throughout the game.

b.) How much seperation did the WR's have from the DB's when Peterman made the throw?  And did Taylor have similar option (WR's had similar seperation from DB's) and he checked down to McCoy or Tolbert?

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Why would Cousins sign here? Redskins aren't letting him go.

It's just an odd relationship between them. You'd think they would have gotten a long term deal done already. He's making 23.9 million this year which is slightly lower than Carr, but, like I said it's a pipe dream at this point because no one with half a brain let's him hit the FA market. 

15 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I have a theory...could it be that McD doesn't start Peterman because he doesn't see anything that stands out in practice? Allow me to explain.

Peterman seems like a "meat & potatos" type of player to me- nothing flashy but just does his job...maybe he's the type of guy that doesn't wow the coaches in practice but excels in the games, when the lights are brightest- kind of the opposite of Tyrod...maybe McD keeps Tyrod in because he excels in practice when the bullets aren't live.

Think of Peterman's Clemson game- lights were brightest and he had the game of his life...just a thought.

More likely he doesn't start Peterman because...he's a rookie, TT is not, TT makes a hell of a lot more money, and it's easier for him/the FO to stick with TT and see him fail than bench TT and see Peterman fail.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

More likely he doesn't start Peterman because...he's a rookie, TT is not, TT makes a hell of a lot more money, and it's easier for him/the FO to stick with TT and see him fail than bench TT and see Peterman fail.

I don't think the FO is under any pressure. They're playing with house money right now and I think everyone inside OBD knows Tyrod isn't our long term future.

If Tyrod lays another egg in the 1st half against the Chargers there's no way they don't give him the hook. At that point you're trying to save the season and you need to get Peterman on the field to see what happens. 

Taylor and the whole offense have been a total train wreck the last two weeks. With a legit shot to break the playoff drought this year, you don't just stick with Tyrod because it's supposedly the safe thing to do. Changes need to be made sooner than later if the on field performance doesn't change. 

7 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

What I'd like to know is...from someone who knows more about football than me...

A.) How much time did Peterman have to throw against that 'prevent' garbage time D? Versus how much time did Taylor have throughout the game.

b.) How much seperation did the WR's have from the DB's when Peterman made the throw?  And did Taylor have similar option (WR's had similar seperation from DB's) and he checked down to McCoy or Tolbert?

I posted this earlier 

step step step release 

that is how you avoid the pass rush. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I don't think the FO is under any pressure. They're playing with house money right now and I think everyone inside OBD knows Tyrod isn't our long term future.

If Tyrod lays another egg in the 1st half against the Chargers there's no way they don't give him the hook. At that point you're trying to save the season and you need to get Peterman on the field to see what happens. 

Taylor and the whole offense have been a total train wreck the last two weeks. With a legit shot to break the playoff drought this year, you don't just stick with Tyrod because it's supposedly the safe thing to do. Changes need to be made sooner than later if the on field performance doesn't change. 

If the front office isn't sold on Taylor, they shouldn't worry about Peterman failing- because either way they would have to draft another QB anyway....but if the Bills FO want their play makers to get the ball delivered to them, they would be wise to put Peterman in...Tyrod has shown, for 3 years now, he is not a good "point guard"of the football...every time Peterman is in there, whether preseason or not, he hits receivers like he does it in his sleep...when's the last time Tyrod hit s back shoulder fade...? Exactly- never...Peterman did it in his rookie preseason to Zay.