Every Nate Peterman throw from the Saints game

HappyDays

How many more 2 yard dump off do we need to see from Taylor to Mike Tolbert on 3rd and long for this staff to understand Taylor isn't going to look anywhere near the WR's directions because he's too scared.

That's just it, Taylor is scared. He's shook out there and looks totally clueless every time  he drops back. You can't play QB scared in this league and when you have no confidence it's time to be on the bench and let somebody else try.

If the guy hasn't found the confidence to throw into tight windows or let his WR make a play after 7 years, it's just never going to happen. TT is a career back up who was given a shot. No hate for the guy, I actually really like him as a person and he's easy to root for when EVERYTHING is clicking. Unfortunately, when various parts aren't working, and you need a halfway decent QB to take the game on his shoulders, that's not gonna happen. No one really knows if Peterman is that guy, but we really need to find out in a meaningful way before the draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

If the guy hasn't found the confidence to throw into tight windows or let his WR make a play after 7 years, it's just never going to happen. TT is a career back up who was given a shot. No hate for the guy, I actually really like him as a person and he's easy to root for when EVERYTHING is clicking. Unfortunately, when various parts aren't working, and you need a halfway decent QB to take the game on his shoulders, that's not gonna happen. No one really knows if Peterman is that guy, but we really need to find out in a meaningful way before the draft.

No they don't. They need to invest a high draft pick in a QB irrespective of Peterman. 

Just now, ProcessTheTrust said:

Exactly. And at this point a 6th round back up QB has reached whatever ceiling he has. Taylor is the same exact guy he was in 2015 for this team and it's only going to get worse from here on out as opposing defense will continue stack the box and make Taylor be an NFL QB.

In just a few series yesterday Peterman came in with poise and confidence and made throws Taylor has never even attempted in 2 1/2 years in Buffalo.

8 minutes ago, ROONDOGG55 said:

Dude, you could be right, but I can see why you don't want to jump the gun on this one. To meet in the middle, you have to admit that it was kind of nice to watch a guy throw the ball on time, accurately, from the pocket. If we fall below .500 we'll see a QB change, mark my words...

I agree it was nice but it was also like a preseason game...I'm not defending Taylor

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Take the I Love Taylor blinders off.   

3 4 5 steps set and pass.   bam bam bam   No hesitation, no second guessing . 

Not loving taylor....just saying it was like a preseason game in 4th qtr...I would love it if Peterman starts and plays well and wins

Film on Tyrod Taylor should be a master class presented to every rookie  - "Gentlemen, this is what happens to a career when you have all the talent to be a franchise guy but you refuse to find your throwing windows by being overly conservative. Your talent will give you a shot. Your reluctance to find your throwing windows will make you lose it". 

Garbage time....yes.  I know you can't evaluate a lot, but there are things you can look at that show positive signs.  There is 1 play in particular that I think you can take somehting away from.

At the 1:01 mark of the video, Peterman hit KB on the outside for about a 14 year gain.  Now, it's garbage time.....so what can you really take away from it?  Well, to me, you can take away 1 significant difference between what Peterman did on the play and what Tyrod would have done on the play.

Peterman had a guy over the middle, WIDE OPEN, for about a 7-8 yard gain.  It would have been the safe throw.  However, he looked further up the field, went to KB, who while open, was not wide open and it was a much tighter throw.  But, he threw it to the best WR on the team and trusted he would make the play in a much tighter window. 

Peterman took his drop, planted, made the quick decision, reset his feet properly, and threw while KB was completing his route.  There is not a doubt in my mind that if Taylor had the same exact look, he drops, waits at least 1-1.5 seconds longer to throw, and then takes the dump off over the middle to the FB for 7 yards.  He may look at KB, but by the time he realizes he should go there, it would be too late and the window would have been too tight to fit that ball to KB for Tyrod's liking.  I virtually guarantee Tyrod would never go to KB in that same exact situation.

So yeah.....garbage time?  Maybe.....  But it's not like the coverage was all that bad on every throw Peterman made.  This is just 1 ply that jumped out at me that I believe you can evaluate Taylor VS Peterman because we have seen Taylor dump that same ball off to the FB over the middle MANY times this season, including multiple times yesterday.  Peterman had 1 look at the same play design and gave our best WR a chance.  What does this mean if Peterman gets a shot in another game?  Who knows.....but I am definitely more interested in finding that out than watching Taylor again.

Edited by sven233

31 minutes ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Tyrod's 2 reasons for keeping his job over Peterman:

1. Running ability

2. Deep ball

#1 is being shut down by disciplined DE's keeping contain and #2 is non-existent. It makes no sense to stay with TT from this point.

What deep ball?

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I agree it was nice but it was also like a preseason game...I'm not defending Taylor

Yeah, of course. I actually do like Taylor though. I just don't think this offense will ever be suitable for his abilities, at least on a consistent basis. Get the dude in a KC type offense and he'll be just fine. Pro style / west coast / timing offense shenanigans is this mans kryptonite.

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

And how do you expect to evaluate NP if you don't play him?  You think that sticking with TT, who has faced NFL defenses but isn't the answer at QB, is the answer?

I was ready to move on from Tyrod before the season, so I’m fine with playing NP as soon as we are officially eliminated.  I just don’t expect much and pray that we don’t take a qb high because of NP.

hopefully, NP plays well.  But you still take a qb high and let them battle it out.  The Bills just don’t take enough shots at qbs.