Every Nate Peterman throw from the Saints game

HappyDays

On 11/13/2017 at 11:26 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s also college.

i believe this offense fits NP better but some of you are completely underestimating the level of NFL competition he has faced so far.  

That last bit is fact. And the NFL level of competition doesn't manifest itself in a quarter or even a game.

You see it rise after games upon games worth of tape are poured over by the best defensive minds in the game, where they breakdown every detail of the QB until they find weakness, then attack it. 

Once thats on film its repeated, and repeated again, refining into institutional knowledge on how to affect this QB or that one. 

At that hat point these QBs overcome the weakness or are burried by it. 

Thats nfl level competition. 

3 hours ago, nucci said:

I get the Taylor criticism but you're praising Peterman incompletions?

I was responding with context to the guy who said  'On the two occasions where they blitzed him and had guys up and around the line of scrimmage, a blue print laid down by the Jets, Peterman threw two incompletions.'

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I was responding with context to the guy who said  'On the two occasions where they blitzed him and had guys up and around the line of scrimmage, a blue print laid down by the Jets, Peterman threw two incompletions.'

ok

Peterman played well, as he has every time he's taken the field.  Tyrod has not.  The head says to start Tyrod:

- don't mess with the room

- he's the leader

- season still in the balance

The heart and gut says to start Peterman, because Peterman does things that NFL QB's do, yet Tyrod doesn't.  Tyrod ain't getting better, so the heart and gut says "Next".  It sucks to be a Bills fan.

1 hour ago, frogger said:

he's Trent Edwards, I am not sold on him yet, throwing comeback routes against a prevent defense does nothing for me.  He is a good backup and we shouldn't fool ourselves that he is anything more than that.  Tyrod is better, but I think Tyrod is a back up, placed into a starting role.

So you agree we know what we have in Tyrod.  If we get smoked again, what's the harm in seeing if Peterman is more than Trent Edwards.  If he's great...then you keep developing him.  If he's not, we know we need to draft a QB in the draft.  What's the harm in seeing what you have on the roster before investing another draft pick or potentially more in another QB?  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

At the end of his 5 step drop back he's getting some pressure 

blob.png.a3e82259ae5c9fd98268f02bcfdb0261.png

Then he releases almost immediately.   

That is true.  #'s wise his stats looked good.  

I would like to know what his numbers were up to the end of the 3rd QTR and what his numbers were later in the 4th QTR where the JETS D "relaxed" 

those late 14 points hides what the game really was.  

Just imagine a 3 to 5 step drop and a quick release by Tyrod.   The Bills would probably only have 2 losses.  

Thats what hurts 

I agree. At this point I would love to see what Peterman can do. Unfortunately I don't think that happens unless Tyrod had another complete dumpster fire performance and by then playoffs will likely be out of reach. 

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree. At this point I would love to see what Peterman can do. Unfortunately I don't think that happens unless Tyrod had another complete dumpster fire performance and by then playoffs will likely be out of reach. 

Lets hope to not see another dumpster fire performance

A tid bit I have wondered about since I read it. Might be something, might be nothing. Adding it for anyone who is still reading this thread.

From Kimberly Martin's article of Oct 14.

The set up is these are the names that have haunted or motivated Tyrod since his draft 6 1/2 years ago, 2011.

"

"He leans back in his chair, clasps his hands behind his head and looks to the ceiling.

Then, the names begin to flow.

Taylor recites them from memory as if reading from a script. But after all these years, he doesn’t need much practice. They will stay with him for the rest of his NFL career – if not longer.

“Cam Newton. Colin Kaepernick. Andy Dalton. Jake Locker. Christian Ponder. T.J. Yates. Ryan Mallett. Ricky Stanzi,” he rattles off in rapid succession.

Then, he pauses again.

“Wait, I’m missing somebody,” he says, before he’s reminded of Blaine Gabbert, the 10th overall pick in 2011, and Nathan Enderle, a late fifth-rounder."

The 10 names of QBs picked before him. The 10 names that "...will stay with him for the rest of his NFL career – if not longer."

But he can only remember 8 of them.

Like I say, might be something, might be nothing. 

http://buffalonews.com/2017/10/14/tyrod-taylor-unfiltered-win-everythings-great-lose-want-crucify/  (is paywalled)

Edited by BadLandsMeanie