Rex Ryan Roasts Dareus

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I’ve seen those random characters a few times.  

Did you actually use a cuss word 

you :censored: idiot 

:D

that I did but it's character sensitive. not for all eyes to see.  !@#$ that fat feet loving team destroying mother !@#$er!!!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, cba fan said:

The money ESPN pays him is reduced from the money Pegs owes him for his Bills guaranteed coaching contract.

It is called offset language. It was reported he had offset in the contract. IE: ESPN pays him 1 million to play announcer and Pegs then gets to pay him 1 million less than the 5 million  he would have had to otherwise pay him. Next year then same offset if Rex still working, until Rex contract with Pegs runs out.

I stand corrected. I thought that Rex’s offset language only applied to coaching jobs. 

Either way he is a moron, horrible football coach and has stolen plenty of money from the Pegula’s.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Pot meet kettle

Never a better example of that metaphor. Just a classless thing to say. The man doesn’t have a gracious bone in his body and the humility to match. A disgrace to the profession.

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

Rex is fine as an announcer. He is paid to be Rex. Network wants him to draw attention right? And be himself without crossing the line by being vulgar etc etc.....

As for the comment he is taking Pegs money and not coaching. Yes he is but you must remember he was fired. No one would turn down the contracted money he is owed and I also give him credit for taking a job and not on vacation for a couple years. By working for a network he is saving Pegs offset contract money.

The Rex hate needs to just stop. He is gone now. 

He was fired for the same reason Dareus was cut - he wasn't producing.

Sure, Rex is a failed coach, and what he said was for entertainment value.

However, I said on another post that it was McDermott,s job to make it work with Dareus.

He was a problem on and off the field.  If you remember Lawrence Taylor, he was a pain in the neck 

and drove his Coach crazy, and there were different rules for him, but the Giants Coach made it

work because of Taylor's talent. Dareus was needed this year, and he was given away, given away,

for a future 6th rounder. That was insane. Beane and McDermott got rid of a headache to make

their job easier, saving a few million on the cap , and for a future 6th rounder. How does that

make sense, losing talent, if it costs the playoffs this year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foreigner said:

However, I said on another post that it was McDermott,s job to make it work with Dareus.

He was a problem on and off the field.  If you remember Lawrence Taylor, he was a pain in the neck 

and drove his Coach crazy, and there were different rules for him, but the Giants Coach made it

work because of Taylor's talent. Dareus was needed this year, and he was given away, given away,

for a future 6th rounder. That was insane. Beane and McDermott got rid of a headache to make

their job easier, saving a few million on the cap , and for a future 6th rounder. How does that

A very good point.

The difference is that LT was a high motor linebacker that gave 100% on the field ALL THE TIME. It was easy to see that he was a Hall of Fame player many years before he retireed. Dareus stopped giving 100% after he got paid. Maybe if he went full speed on every play like LT did, he would have had different rules and would have been tolerated but that wasn't the case.

16 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Marrone will be crucified for this trade...glad we got him off our books.

Crucifying Marrone was all the rage a couple of months ago, especially at TBD, but those voice have grown quiet as of late. I think he’s earned the benefit of the doubt, at least from me.

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

FYI.

The bengals only rushed for 29 yards today against Jaguars with Dareus in there.

Best outing of the year for them.... and worst outing for us last Thursday, coincidence? 

Really hope that trade doesn't bite our good season to this point in the ass.

McBeane will be getting flamed.

Cinci has one of the worst rushing games in the NFL. The Jets game wasn't our first game without Dareus. 

Talking of the Ryan bros on TV.... Rob Ryan is just starting a stint as a SKY Sports analyst over here in the UK for a month.  His debut last night was typically bombastic.  Next week SKY are holding a vote for the main televised game in the early slot..... Saints @ Bills was 2nd in the voting as of last night behind Green Bay @ Bears.  

The link to vote is here...... http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12119/11107200/vote-nfl-uk-fans-pick-sky-sports-week-10-game-choices

Vote for the Bills game TBD..... because I will be intrigued to hear the fat man's take on how Sean McDermott has got the defense playing better than the brothers grim ever managed.  

13 hours ago, RobH063 said:

The difference is that LT was a high motor linebacker that gave 100% on the field ALL THE TIME. It was easy to see that he was a Hall of Fame player many years before he retireed. Dareus stopped giving 100% after he got paid. Maybe if he went full speed on every play like LT did, he would have had different rules and would have been tolerated but that wasn't the case.

Yeah, the Giants had to look the other way with him but did so because he produced so much on the field so they felt it was worth the headache. Dareus not he other hand was not and has not produced or gave 100% on the field in a few years as he appeared to get his new deal and go into cruise control. Multiple coaches and coordinators tried to make it work and they could not get through to him. The atmosphere they are trying to build here is that they want everyone to be a part of a team and not let guys off the hook for being selfish or not giving it their all on the field just cause of their reputation/potential/previous production.

Everyone likes to comparenthings to BB and NE, and there they are willing to take chances on guys with bad reputations, but they also have to buy in or get moved out. Most guys end up buying in because they want the chance at a ring.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Talking of the Ryan bros on TV.... Rob Ryan is just starting a stint as a SKY Sports analyst over here in the UK for a month.  His debut last night was typically bombastic.  Next week SKY are holding a vote for the main televised game in the early slot..... Saints @ Bills was 2nd in the voting as of last night behind Green Bay @ Bears.  

The link to vote is here...... http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12119/11107200/vote-nfl-uk-fans-pick-sky-sports-week-10-game-choices

Vote for the Bills game TBD..... because I will be intrigued to hear the fat man's take on how Sean McDermott has got the defense playing better than the brothers grim ever managed.  

You really think he would say anything about that? If anything he would probably take credit and say they built off of what he had and if he were still here they would be just as good. More likely he would just turn it around and deflect the question by saying look at what's happened to the offence without him.

20 hours ago, Foreigner said:

After yesterday's performance, it's looking like the Bills will be getting a 5th rounder ...

13 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

FYI.

The bengals only rushed for 29 yards today against Jaguars with Dareus in there.

Best outing of the year for them.... and worst outing for us last Thursday, coincidence? 

Really hope that trade doesn't bite our good season to this point in the ass.

McBeane will be getting flamed.

He played 12 snaps.....12.

Cincy is 31st in the league in running....31st.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

3 tackles in 12 snaps is pretty good. 

Juat saying, something to keep your eye on. 

I think our rushing defense is going to take a significant drop. 

Your first sentence was "the Bengals only rushed for 29 yards with Dareus in there".  
You were trying to allude that he was one of the main reasons before you knew he was in there for only 12 snaps.  We both know it.

I also know after the Raiders game, you said "I was wrong, these guys know what they're doing" when referring to Beane and McDermott.....now it's changed.

On 11/5/2017 at 11:22 AM, bobobonators said:

Wow. HAH. Im surprised he laid it out there like that. Kinda true though. 

I was surprised that he had the honesty to acknowledge that Dareus was a good player when Marrone had him. 

On 11/5/2017 at 11:23 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Pot meet kettle

Too true.  Rex's D stuffed nothing and no one.  Rex stuffed HIS pockets, and his brothers, but good.

On 11/5/2017 at 11:33 AM, CanadianFan said:

Simms was just praising Jacksonville for getting Dareus. And Boomer Esiason commented "Bills could have used a run stopper Thursday night".

Unfortunately also too true.  We didn't look as though we could stop a nosebleed.

On 11/5/2017 at 11:34 AM, Elite Poster said:

Isn't this a reflection for himself and the job he did?

Especially given his honest assessment that Dareus did well as a defender before Rex took "charge"

• Like (+1) 1