Who do you root for tonight? KC vs DEN

mikemac2001

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver.

People are too focused on the wild card. But when we look around the AFC this year, why not us? Why can't the Bills get the #1 or #2 seed and a bye? Come Thursday night Bills could be 6-2 and and in a three way tie for the #1 seed in the AFC with Pittsburgh and New England. And that's with half the games played.

Tough one. It would be nice for KC to lose as many as possible, to make our #1 pick from them better. But I agree with others who say it's best for one team to run away with their division and give wild card hopefuls as many losses as possible.

I think we want Denver and there are two big reasons for that:

1) draft pick from KC

2) what happens if Bills have to travel to KC in the playoffs because they have a better record. If we are going to talk post-season, let talk it

Denver is garbage and will lose plenty more where they will not even be factor in the Wild Card discussion.

1) draft pick from KC

2) what happens if Bills have to travel to KC in the playoffs because they have a better record. If we are going to talk post-season, let talk it

Denver is garbage and will lose plenty more where they will not even be factor in the Wild Card discussion.

Not to mention we already have the head to head with Denver. We don't have that yet with KC.

Denver

Given their QB situation and our H2H advantage over them I can't see them being a factor on us if we get to 10 or 11 wins. Would rather knock down KC's pick as much as possible, I'm not sure I see anyone in their division edging them out, but when we win the East and a bye it would be nice to see the Pats knock them out in the wild card round before we curb stomp Brady and Co in the Ralph in the playoffs.

Not to mention we already have the head to head with Denver. We don't have that yet with KC.

K.C is probably going to win that division though, so the head to head would most likely be irrelevant

Do you really think Denver, Chargers or Oakland is going to beat out K.C for the division lead?

Edited by billsfan11

1) draft pick from KC

Agreed.

Between, New England, K.C. and Pittsburgh the the two places I wouldn't want to have to play at would be K.C. and Pittsburgh. Of course if we are playing at New England that means they won the division. Which also means we would likely also have to play at either K.C. or Pittsburgh in the wild card.

1) draft pick from KC

Agreed, especially with KC at 5 - 2 and Denver at 3 - 3 - knock 'em down a peg!

Do you really think Denver, Chargers or Oakland is going to beat out K.C for the division lead?

If Denver wins tonight they are only one game back in the loss column and hold the first half of the tiebreaker over K.C. with the final match-up between the two to be played in Denver.

And the Chargers would only be two games back. Chargers are a much better team than their current record IMO.

KC for two reasons:

1) knocks Denver down a notch and makes them more desperate for their upcoming NE game

2) It keeps NE out of the top spot in the conference

I want NE to play Wild Card weekend. No more byes to the AFC Title game and home field all throughout for them. I want 40 year old Brady playing week 17 and needing to win. Taking shots. Getting beat up. Then no week off. Wildcard vs a team like Jacksonville or Houston who might have a shot at taking them out.

If not, we'll do the job the next week!

Whatever hurts NE also helps the Bills. This season is about two things for me: Bills break the drought and NE does not get to the SB.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Denver - no question.

1) KC draft pick

2) head to head win over Denver for wild card chances - we want them in the mix

Well what if Denver ends up winning the Div.

Pushes KC to wildcard and they beat us they would own the tie breaker over us and could knock us out.

If KC beats us and they win the div doesn't hurt as much as it would in a WC scenario

Well what if Denver ends up winning the Div.

Pushes KC to wildcard and they beat us they would own the tie breaker over us and could knock us out.

If KC beats us and they win the div doesn't hurt as much as it would in a WC scenario

Because right now, through 7 games we are playing for a first round bye. Not just the wild card.