Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm, Tom Brady was the 6th pick. So was Seattles QB, whos name escapes me at the moment. Martavias Bryant and Nick OLeary were late picks as well. Its all about scouting and selecting good players from 1st to last pick. Beane will deliver.

Russell Wilson.....Brady was 6th round, not 6th pick

great, wait a few more years before this team is any good. Any guarantee the ton of young players will all be good?

They're pretty good already, and with very little help help Dareus, their highest paid player.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Kyle will retire after this season. Gaines and Matthews won't be expensive.

I don't know if Kyle is retiring if we make the playoffs. I would doubt it actually.

Man o man.

The Bills have traded a 3rd overall pick and a 4th overall pick for a 2nd/6th round pick and an oft injured CB.

Trust the process.

LOL you guys are amazing. What does it matter where they were drafted? They weren't producing. This is a fantastic trade and I love the fact we could potentially get a 5th rounder for it. The help to the cap is a huge bonus, too.

I'm amazed how so many in this thread have no clue how the business of football works.

I will throw out that I don't think the current product on the field got any worse today. The current coaching did not value him and were using him as a depth player. Cut your losses -- don't be tied to where someone was drafted -- that thinking is not a rebuild mode. Dareus was and is an underperforming asset -- you can't base decisions on him turning it around and reaching his massive potential you have to base it on what he has done.

The only thing I'm concerned about is I don't think we have the cap room next season to re-sign Matthews, Gaines and Kyle Williams.

Unfortunately, I don't think KW is back for another round next year. I'd be surprised if he is.

Ummm, Tom Brady was the 6th pick. So was Seattles QB, whos name escapes me at the moment. Martavias Bryant and Nick OLeary were late picks as well. Its all about scouting and selecting good players from 1st to last pick. Beane will deliver.

Next person that says Tom Brady was a sixth round pick I'm going to punch in the neck. There have been 500-600 6th round picks since then and 95% of them sucked. You want to bet on those odds?

You bring up a handful of guys like theyre the only ones that have been drafted in the 6th round. Success rate for 6th rounders are like < 1%

this is good.. very good. Beane will find winners with this money.

That's yet to be proven. I hope so, but dumping players is the easy part. Getting high quality replacements is hard. Right now the Bills need everything. So they will need several years of very good drafting.

@greggrosenthal

Dareus was not making much of an impact this season but still wild to see a $100 million contract guy all but given away

Bills took too much criticism for Watkins/Darby deals and Im sure theyd happily make those moves again

Bills ownership made it clear after Rex was fired they believed team underachieved considering talent. New staff dumped that talent

.....and now they're overachieving with less talent and have a boatload of picks next year

i am not surprised by the trade but thought they would get more in return. The fact that they have been trying to trade him since summer and this is all they could get pretty much says it all. They are teams in much worse shape on the DL than Jax. No one thought he was worth the contract, and hes so close to the 10 game suspension.

? Does that make any sense at all

Cut off your nose to spite your face. Got it...

This will be my last post on the thread because I dont want to be accused of crusading. He was horribly overpaid, we freed a bit of cap space, and he had E I G H T tackles this year.

Spoiler alert: we werent winning the SB this year. But its a great year to build steam and McD clearly is in charge now.

Funny how until we got rid of him (now), everyone hated him and his laziness. Now that hes gone, everyones upset?

And once again, to everyone screaming about only getting a 6th: do you really think we didnt shop him? That was the best we could get.

Just wondering if anyone heard Jordan Matthews on Sirius NFL this morning?

If you did, and really heard what he had to say about the team and the locker rooom, you’d not be a bit surprised by this trade.

i didn't get to hear it, what did he essentially say Beast?