Tre'Davious White negativity...

aceman_16

I am truly amazed on how tough he was on himself tonight (and last game) during his post game interview. He was asked IF it was his personality and he agreed it was. I am unsure how to take this. Either lighten up rook or keep the fuel burning. Thoughts?

Corners need to have the toughest mindset in football besides QB.

You need to bring it every play , every practice and you will still get beat... it's taking responsibility and leading by example.

Every corner takes it personal when they let up a TD and watch them celebrate in the endzone... it doesn't feel good

I don't think he really has a choice. Some people are just wired to be self critical and never settle, even if the result is pristine. I think it's a good trait to have. He'll never get complacent, he'll never be satisfied, even if he has a hall of fame career. It's a winner's attitude. I actually hope it's rubbing off on others. Dareus sure could use a dose of it.

Just my two cents.

It's just his way he motivates himself. He's been solid as a rookie but does get beat on occasion as most CB's do. Case in point he got beat on that Evans TD though he had good coverage but then comes through big time with the punch out of the ball and fumble recovery. But he only remembers getting beat cause that's how his mentality is wired. The guy is so technically sound it takes a perfectly placed ball to beat him as he doesn't have many brain farts.

He takes the game of football seriously. He takes his craft seriously. He takes his team's success seriously and is intrinsically motivated. He holds himself accountable. He's also very talented. He's not your everyday rookie.

Edited by YoloinOhio

He takes the game of football seriously. He takes his craft seriously. He takes his team's success seriously and is intrinsically motivated. He holds himself accountable. He's also very talented. He's not your everyday rookie.

I 100% agree with this. I just hope he doesn't burn himself out. Do we need to keep him away from sharp objects IF he truly has a horrific game? Over the years, I have seen pro players use incentives (like Thurman being drafted in the 2nd round) to motivate BUT being this openly self-critical will cause him physical problems. I felt bad for the reporters trying to tell him his positives in order to have a better interview.

Edited by aceman_16

Ive never been such a fan of a rookie as I am of White. Hes got the talent, and hes modest. Maybe a little too modest, but hes not talking trash and unlike other prima donnas at his position, hes holding himself accountable. Sounds like he has loftier goals than merely coming away with a win.

Football character.

To think we got a number one and Tre was terrific use of a draft pick. I'm not usually a fan of trading down because stars win you games and titles. But he could be a star.

The punch out was a "star" type play....big time play at a critical moment. The Bills D has been good at times throughout the drought but what has been missing is plays like the punch out.

I am truly amazed on how tough he was on himself tonight (and last game) during his post game interview. He was asked IF it was his personality and he agreed it was. I am unsure how to take this. Either lighten up rook or keep the fuel burning. Thoughts?

Its what drives him...nothing is ever good enough...you hold a guy to 1 catch for 10 yards, well he shouldnt have caught anything. Or I should have intecepted a ball. Or made a better play in run support. These are the type of players who will themselves to greatness because they look at minor deficiencies and work on them like they are weaknesses until the point they become strengths

The punch out was a "star" type play....big time play at a critical moment. The Bills D has been good at times throughout the drought but what has been missing is plays like the punch out.

Yup. At that time Jameis already had over 360 yards passing and was cutting through us like butter. We were going to lose that game if TreD didn't pull that houdini move.

How slick was that play? The punch out and recover all in one motion. He's a monster.

he is basically the guy we hoped Gilmore would be but never was.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Such a contrast from Gilmore who would never admit to his own shortcomings and was always looking to blame someone else.

To think we got a number one and Tre was terrific use of a draft pick. I'm not usually a fan of trading down because stars win you games and titles. But he could be a star.

He was today to end and WIN the game. :)

He's hard on himself but he never lets it get him down and always shows up for the next play. He doesn't hang his head. I really like this kid I think he's going to be a fantastic CB.

Yeah the best part of him getting beat is his seemingly short memory on the field of it.

Yeah the best part of him getting beat is his seemingly short memory on the field of it.

Definitely, he is very focused.

That touchdown he gave up, was that the only time that the Buccaneers targeted White?

It sure looked like they were going after Gaines & Johnson all day, then Wright. I just did not see any passes go against White until that touchdown.

This is fine. I like it

Goes along with the old saying:

Amateurs practice until they can do it, Pros practice until they can't not do it

I don't think he needs to lighten up per say. He just needs to learn to move on. That TD he "gave up" was an amazing throw and an even more amazing catch. His coverage was pretty tight. Any tighter they would have probably flagged him. I appreciate his high expectations of himself and he takes what he does seriously and with pride. They got the TD..... be po'ed for that moment but move on. He keeps it up, he'll end up getting inside his own head space and screwing himself up and playing poorly.

Negativity is being down on the team. e.g., "This team sucks" is negativity.

Tre appears to be a perfectionist - critical of himself, always striving for self-improvement, but not negative. e.g., "What can I do to improve the team?"

As long as it's sincere - and to me, it truly is - I think someone who is unwilling to yield to mediocre expectations is a positive thing. He hasn't even played half a season...let the rage burn, let it fuel him to greatness and when his career is over, he can longingly look back and be more balanced in his critique of himself. As long as it's not false humility, then let him use it as a means to be better.

It's good life advice, not just football

I love his mentality. I believe he was the first kid in his family to go to college, stayed an extra year to get his degree, thus far from what i hear and read about him he has top character. To date one of our best 1st rd picks in a long long time.

Just think, up until yesterday he scored more TDs than LeSean McCoy.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Negativity is being down on the team. e.g., "This team sucks" is negativity.

Tre appears to be a perfectionist - critical of himself, always striving for self-improvement, but not negative. e.g., "What can I do to improve the team?"

I disagree. He is negative about himself. He doesn't say "I could be better" as much as he says "I sucked." Cornerback is a position designed to get beat in today's NFL. I just hope he tempers and channels it vs letting it slip out of control. I know MANY perfectists who burn out and perform worse due to this.