Tre White says he's played "terrible," vows to be better

YoloinOhio

@salsports

Despite accolades, Tre'Davious White says he's played "sucky" and "terrible" and was even moved to tears. He also vows to be better. Read it here:

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/despite-accolades-tredavious-white-says-hes-played-terrible-vows-be-better

"I moved past it (during the game)", he said. " You could notice it the way I played the rest of the game. But I couldnt get over it. Because those two plays ultimately led to the two touchdowns they scored. I have (a short memory), but at the end of the game thats all Ive got to think about."

"If I dont give up that touchdown, we dont lose. Its that simple. I put that on myself. And then on the long third down, we are up, and then I give up the long third down and thats the end of the third quarter and the next play they score so that loss is basically on those two plays by me and that ate me up for the last week and a half".

Edited by YoloinOhio

Really good article. I love this kid. IMO it really says something about the type of person he is and how much he cares when he had to leave the locker room because he was crying after the game. He felt that bad about a few mistakes and put it on himself that the Bills lost. He seems driven as hell to get better, too.

McDermott and Beane really seem to put an emphasis on finding players like this. I think it bodes well for the future.

I could also see guys like Tre being the type that would want to stick around Buffalo when their rookie deal is up, because they care so much and are all about the team. I could see them wanting to commit here long term. Like Kyle Williams.

I mean, I don't know if he will or not, but I think we have a lot better chance at keeping a guy like Tre than a guy with a personality like Gilmore...

I just watched the video interview on the Bills app... he said he cried after the game cuz he felt that he's the reason we lost...

I love Tre more n more everyday. This kid is a keeper. He's a corner we CANNOT get rid of. When contract season comes in a few years, Bills gotta give this kid what he wants n deserves and not let him go to another team like we've done with all our other corners in the past and recent past (minus Gilmore)...

He even went as far as to say he will have a big game on Sunday so I'm excited to see what he will do against Mike Evans even more now.

I love his play. Very solid. But man, if this kid was moved to tears in game 5 of his career for playing "sucky" against AJ Green, for a half no less, is he truely capable of short term memory needed at CB? I hope he learns to let it go. Otherwise his passion may be used against him, and opponents may be able to get in his head.

Or.....he can just be the best ever,and then he don't have to worry about it,EVER!

@salsports

Despite accolades, Tre'Davious White says he's played "sucky" and "terrible" and was even moved to tears. He also vows to be better. Read it here:

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/despite-accolades-tredavious-white-says-hes-played-terrible-vows-be-better

Compare these quotes from White to our starting quarterback's...

“Man, we’re a couple plays away from being 5-0,” he says, smiling again. “So, why would I listen to the negative stuff?”

:blink:

Completely different situations.

How so?

One is playing extremely well as a rookie and is devastated at one of his few poor plays, vowing to perfect his craft.

The other is struggling but seems to think a 3-2 record is just dandy and only hears criticism because of prejudice.

Ever since his introductory press conference tre has wowed me with his maturity. He has kyle williams/loraxesque

Leadership. Like genuine leadership. Cant think of the last bills rookie who had a great leadership intangibles but also played very well.

His quotes are from the heart and not the typical cliche junk.

This kid is my new favorite player on the team, I freaking love this attitude.....and from arguably our best player right now!

I would buy his jersey but don't want to jinx the poor kid

I have not bought a jersey since my Moulds Pro-Bowl one and was thinking the same thing you just wrote.

It seems to be an inexact science - whether character guys will truly lead to a better winning culture - but you really gotta love the way White approaches the game.

its the "DNA" thing that McD talks about. These guys are out there, but they are not easy to find super talented guys with this type of mindset. The issue is that elite talent coming out of HS is so coddled in the college recruiting process that they think they are god's gift. They do produced commitment videos, nationally televised "hat dances", they are all considered the next big thing before they ever do a damn thing. Sometimes they get humbled in college but often they are part of programs that rarely lose and they continue to get accolades and fans fawning over them. If they screw up it's someone else's fault - the coaches, play calling, etc. (see Zeke).

They search their mentions on twitter and RT all the positive tweets about them. Yes, it's all about them. When they get to the NFL they aren't ready to play for a team. They are used to playing for themselves. There are exceptions. But in the big programs specifically, where kids now publically and unashamedly commit for 3 years instead of 4, where the primary goal is the NFL $ and not the national title, they don't have the mindset Tre does. Compare his attitude to Marshon Lattimore .... who is incredibly talented, love the guy's play, and a great kid. But he spent this week pouring over his twitter mentions, arguing his PFF rating should be higher than it already is, and wondering publically why his jersey isn't selling more. His own teammate mark Ingram replied to him and told him to focus on grinding and not what he's doing.

I'm not a get off my lawn guy and I understand that this is the world we live in with college recruiting. I understand why players sit out bowl games to get ready for the draft. As a cfb fan I hate it, but I get it. I know you can't possibly find a whole team with guys that have this DNA and the requisite talent. I do believe that you can built a team of Captains, though, that have this DNA. Tre was this guy at LSU. I have a feeling he will be this guy here. You need leaders in the locker room to have success and change the losing culture of this team. You need guys who are stars of the team, and also hold themselves accountable for the team's success and not just his own success.

Edited by YoloinOhio

How so?

One is playing extremely well as a rookie and is devastated at one of his few poor plays, vowing to perfect his craft.

The other is struggling but seems to think a 3-2 record is just dandy and only hears criticism because of prejudice.

Tyrods quote was in direct response to the question on how to deal with all the blame and people saying he is unqualified to play QB in the NFL. He's been very clear about needing to continue addressing his own performance issues.

The race angle was based upon his perception of how QB skin color affects people's assessment of their play. It might just be true. Imagine Tyrod is the same exact player he is today. Close your eyes and imagine his sweet deep ball, and then his misfires, amazing escape and throw to clay downfield, the hesitation and holding the ball. Now imagine he looks like Doug flutie..

3d was responding to a question about why he disappeared from media after a rough outing against AJG.