John McCargo arrested on charges in 2 states

YoloinOhio

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't he the one we called "John McCantgo" because of injury problems keeping him off the field? We tried to trade him and he flunked the trade partner's physical?

This is what I hate about the current NFL farm system, aka "college". The college players, especially the scholarship players, live in a little protective bubble. They take easy classes towards degrees they may or may not obtain in majors like "communication" or "tourism", that don't necessarily make them gainfully employable. They have special tutors, special study halls, special assistants to make any problems they cause go away, food and housing provided for them. In some cases they live in a culture where roughing a woman up or getting her insensibly drunk then "running train" is considered normal and acceptable and the women are advised not to object to avoid death threats from angry team fans.

Then they get dropped into the NFL with more money than they've ever seen before, no idea how to lead disciplined lives and plan for the future, little idea how to treat people right especially women who are age-peers. Take away that money and of course they flounder and look for the 'easy buck' and take out their anger on the women in their lives.

If they ever had to live on a budget and get the message "this is how ordinary people live" "these are the consequences ordinary people are subject to" the outcome might be better.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Clapping Sean is all about versatility. Pick him up.

Winner!

Isn't he the one we called "John McCantgo" because of injury problems keeping him off the field? We tried to trade him and he flunked the trade partner's physical?

This is what I hate about the current NFL farm system, aka "college". The college players, especially the scholarship players, live in a little protective bubble. They take easy classes towards degrees they may or may not obtain in majors like "communication" or "tourism", that don't necessarily make them gainfully employable. They have special tutors, special study halls, special assistants to make any problems they cause go away, food and housing provided for them. In some cases they live in a culture where roughing a woman up or getting her insensibly drunk then "running train" is considered normal and acceptable and the women are advised not to object to avoid death threats from angry team fans.

Then they get dropped into the NFL with more money than they've ever seen before, no idea how to lead disciplined lives and plan for the future, little idea how to treat people right especially women who are age-peers. Take away that money and of course they flounder and look for the 'easy buck' and take out their anger on the women in their lives.

If they ever had to live on a budget and get the message "this is how ordinary people live" "these are the consequences ordinary people are subject to" the outcome might be better.

While I agree with some of your post, this is a huge generalization. Do you think the media is going to report on all the football who are living nice, boring lives who are good husbands and fathers?

He has pending charges in more states (2) than he had NFL starts (1)!! Nice job Whaley (even if he was actually drafted in 2006)!!!

Hey at least he is wanted now..... If I remember wasn't this a Jauron draft where we had to get a big interior presence and wasn't Donte Whitner his first round buddy? I was so excited because he played next to Mario in college and didn't even know him.

And that is the type of person that the players are kneeling for. Poor guy Just was having a bad day and the pigs had to arrest him?? Just not fair

Oh because they're both black? Not that one committed a crime and another gets a bullet for pulling out his driver's license at a traffic stop?

Hey at least he is wanted now..... If I remember wasn't this a Jauron draft where we had to get a big interior presence and wasn't Donte Whitner his first round buddy? I was so excited because he played next to Mario in college and didn't even know him.

The worst part is we drafted Kyle Williams in the 5th round of that draft.

The worst part is we drafted Kyle Williams in the 5th round of that draft.

Actually that was the best part of that draft. Donte Whitner, Ashton Youboty, and Ko "I play for the Buffalo Bills and I'm worth millions" Simpson were all drafted ahead of KW along with McCargo.

Actually that was the best part of that draft. Donte Whitner, Ashton Youboty, and Ko "I play for the Buffalo Bills and I'm worth millions" Simpson were all drafted ahead of KW along with McCargo.

My point was that if they had any idea how good Kyle was, they would have never spent a 1st on McCargo.

Side note, my friend owns his old house in Hamburg.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Another awesome trade up. Has this franchise ever had a trade up that was not a disaster?

Never. agreed.

Except Ragland was a good trade up...............for the Chiefs!!!.......ha ha ha ha ah ah........ so like I agreed, "never".

A starting LB on a Super Bowl(and likely winning) team, for a 4th round draft pick in 2019. You can't make this **** up.

Irony: depending who Chiefs play in Super Bowl, I very likely could be rooting for them to win it, since it only would make one spot diff in Bills draft pick in 2018 and that franchise has been snake bitten with Bills luck in playoffs specifically, through the years.

Edited by cba fan

Someone was telling me yesterday that since 2000, of all the players that spent time in the NFL, something like 850 had been arrested. IDK

Edit: actually that could be true. That's 50/year and basically 3 every two years for a club. Yeah I could see that

Edited by MarkyMannn