Do you think we can beat Carolina?

Steptide

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can might have a shoulder problem. But. TT has a WR problem.

Thats funny.

I just looked it up and the Bills have won 5/6 lifetime games vs. Carolina and are 2-0 on their turf.

Hmmm ....

Yep and one of them was one of EJs finest hours. I still watch that 4th quarter comeback drive from time to time. IDK what happened but they shattered his confidence and he never got a chance to get it back.

I don't think we were all that impressive against the Jets.

Carolina isn't a great team but we are only slightly better than the Jets and probably Indy,

We are not as good as Cleveland or Houston or SF and they all suck.

Unless McDermott held everything back figuring that a college level game plan could beat the Jets, the Bills are in trouble.

This is going to be the test for Tyrod. I expect Luke Keuchly to limit Mccoy. I think Thompson spies Taylor. The middle of the feild should be open and there secondary will be the place to attack. Both of the teams have a similar style. Cam is an emotional guy. Get to him early get him on the ground and he can take himself out of the game mentaly.

And we don't have to worry about him diving into a pile to recover a fumble :).

No. We're never good on the road. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we can pull it off.

We beat the Patsies** 16-0 last year in their own house. We also clobbered the Lambs in LA. We got a W in Cincy too.

Kindof blows your "never" theory.

No one touched it. I never saw a miss like that in my life. Like it hit a hurricane crosswind half way to the goal post.

I remember a miss like that in the Wind Bowl vs the Cassell led Patsies**. Cassell also had an 80 yard or so quick kick in that game.

I don't think they win this one. Grind it out teams from the North don't do well with the heat and humidity. The Bills don't have the firepower at WR to put up a ton of points early. Also I don't think they dominate the LOS - it will be more of a stalemate.

The Jets had no credible receiving threat. The Panthers have two great targets. That will be a challenge for an all new secondary in their first road game.

I think this one could get away from them early, and they lose 27-10.

They will then win the next four and be 5-1 prior to taking on Oakland. Denver has no QB. Cinci is imploding. Atlanta is weak up front and the Bills can ball control that game all day. And I'm still not sold on Tampa, though I loved their draft. Tampa has the Patriots and at Arizona prior to playing the Bills with division foe Carolina after the Bills. Classic trap game on the road against a non-conference opponent.

I don't think we were all that impressive against the Jets.

Carolina isn't a great team but we are only slightly better than the Jets and probably Indy,

We are not as good as Cleveland or Houston or SF and they all suck.

Unless McDermott held everything back figuring that a college level game plan could beat the Jets, the Bills are in trouble.

Held everything back? After week 1 we rank 3rd in offense in the NFL. Do you expect 1000yds of offense after one game?

What is wrong with 50% of this board?

They will then win the next four and be 5-1 prior to taking on Oakland. Denver has no QB. Cinci is imploding. Atlanta is weak up front and the Bills can ball control that game all day. And I'm still not sold on Tampa, though I loved their draft. Tampa has the Patriots and at Arizona prior to playing the Bills with division foe Carolina after the Bills. Classic trap game on the road against a non-conference opponent.

I take it you didn't watch the Broncos/Chargers game last night? Siemian is more than capable and should not be dismissed in Week 3. I thought Denver was going in the wrong direction but they could very well be a playoff team again this year.

Held everything back? After week 1 we rank 3rd in offense in the NFL. Do you expect 1000yds of offense after one game?

What is wrong with 50% of this board?

I don't know. The ignorance and hating are inexplicable. It all seems to be based on a few practice games and some negative articles in the media. Oh, and the boundless hatred for the best QB the Bills have had since Kelly retired.

The Bills went 7-8 last year in games they were attempting to win, with the worst HC in the league, and people are declaring they have almost no chance to beat the Carolina Panthers (6-10 last year) in the dreaded snake pit known as Bank of America Field, or whatever it's called. Good grief.

Having now watched the Carolina game.... a few thoughts:

• They are majorly talent deficient at wide receiver. They got no separation almost all game. Benjamin is going to have to make his NFL living now purely as a contested catch maker because he is even less agile now than pre-injury. San Fran mainly played man coverage and the Panthers receivers could not get free.
  • The interior of their O-line is stout but the tackles still didn't hold up too well. Chance for the Bills to get pressure from the outside.
  • Cam was majorly off on at least half a dozen throws. Not sure if it is the shoulder or just a return to some of the scattergun accuracy we saw earlier in his career.
  • They are stout defensively up front. Very hard to run on. The middle of the line in particular is nasty and the linebackers plug any gaps so quickly. I think the Bills would be well advised to get creative and try to get Shady to the edge this Sunday and will need the receivers and tight ends to step up in the run blocking game.
  • They really dared the 49ers to beat them over the top. Whether they play the Bills the same way I don't know... but if they do we are going to get a chance to see if we really do have a vertical threat receiver on this team.
Edited by GunnerBill

I think this game will come down to the last few mins. Imo this will be a nail biter. Bills players are gonna wanna win regardless, but especially for McDermott this week. I say 24-21 bills in shocking fashion.

we scored 21 points @ home against the Jets ,

Just saying

If they unleash Tyrod it may be possible. McDermott knows how to attack the Panthers offense and the Panthers coaches know how to exploit our defense. I think it's a close game with the Panthers ultimately prevailing, but the Bills could definitely win.

The Panthers want Cam to stay in the pocket and be a passer. If Cam takes a hit or two (legal hits mind you) then the Panthers turn to running game. Our run defense is stout. We have a chance at winning this game but it depends on TE and WR help. They will key in on Shady and Tyrod runs.

I have not read through the responses but I absolutely think this is a game the Bills could win. If they take care of the ball and limit what Carolina does on offense they will win. Both of those things are possible, Newton is not himself right now. I would say there have like a 40% chance.

Jets game = preseason game for all three units, playing a full game together...was a great warm up and our coaches wisely played it VERY vanilla

We will see a lot more of the playbook this week - designed passes to Shady, utilizing the WRs on the boundaries, and A LOT of play action.

We will see some wrinkles defensively too that will help get pressure. Cam will not be taking just 2-3 step drops and throwing the ball like the Jets did, so our pressure will have time to get home. Personally I think our DTs are going to collapse the pocket all day long and will be a real problem for Cam.

This should be a game where the more disciplined team, and the team with less turnovers wins. I think McD has the right recipe to win this type of game. Will be real close....hopefully the pro-Bills crowd will leave happy and party all over Charlotte

We shall see. Been down this path before. A week 1 win against the jets doesn't really dictate anything.

If we win its more proof were heading in the right direction.. But I will still reserve all improved playoff judgment till mid October.. Bills have had hot Sept before only to watch the wheels come out

Gotta tackle well, and keep them in long 3rd down situations. Front 4 has to play well and bottle up running lanes, and make Newton get rid of the ball.

I agree with this. Denver is most likely gonna get us at home. And I'm going to the Bengals game and REFUSE to see a loss in person.

If our defense is legit, we're going to be in a lot more games than people think.

If the Bills can win this game we might have ourselves a season...

We play the Jets again... we play Smokin Jay Cutler twice, and he is known for being generous... We have the Colts... We have the Bengals...We have the Chargers, who as always just look OK and love to lose games....

Just get the W this week and who knows what could happen. The AFC looks very mediocre.

I would trade a loss here for any AFC win in the future. I don't want it, but it's best for the team.

I'm a little curious of why people keep saying the jets have a good D. They completely overhauled their defense and lost a ton of good players. Lets not jump the gun and think that Bowles has a good defense until they stop a team that we know has a good offense. I still have question marks about our offense Tyrod to me didn't look any better than last year. He did throw a few more balls over the middle to Clay which i liked, but he seemed to miss on the deep balls. That being said we are playing a team that since the super bowl hasn't looked great Cam is still recovering from his injury and if we can slow down the run with Jonathan Steward and Christian Mccaffrey we have a good chance of keeping it close and giving ourselves a chance to win. Kelvin benjamin is an underutilized matchup nightmare for our defense due to his height.

This would NOT be shocking to see the Bills win. Carolina isn't that great, they are decent..much like the Bills. Home field is their big advantage in this game but I think the Bills will be in a bunch of close game this season including this one.