Lorenzo Alexander: "Sean cut the fat."

Beast

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's going to be our top priority next year after packaging picks to move up and take a QB.

I have no idea what to think about Washington if he can step up or not.

Maybe, just maybe, Kyle Williams stays one more year because he sees promise in 2018.

We shall see about Washington. Big year for him to see if he has improved.

If Kyle comes back another year, that would be great.

Also, file this away, Star Lotuleilei is a UFA after this season. -_-

Most likely........but a lot can change in a matter of months wrt how players are viewed and their attitudes.

See Shady as an example........unfocused and miserable in 2015.......head on straight in 2016.

You still keep pushing this agenda huh. Had nothing to do with a nagging hamstring injury, Shady just didn't have his head on straight in 2015. :bag:

I wonder what McDermott would think about the McCoy that called his coach a racist for trading him.....kissed the Eagle a mid-field pre-game and then avoided the media after the game and didn't return back to Buffalo with the team after a loss that was devastating to their postseason hopes? :flirt:

I think he's changed........but if you don't......that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. :thumbsup:

Can you show me a link where McCoy specifically said Kelly was a racist for trading him? I know he said he got rid of all the good black players....Desean Jackson and Brandon Boykin. McCoy was a little more negative in his remarks, Boykin said he didn't relate with grown men of our culture.

So he kissed the Eagle....so what. He's from Pennsylvania, went to HS in Harrisburg, played at PIT and drafted by the Eagles. His entire life has been in that state until traded to Buffalo. He ran hard and played hard in Buffalo...that's all I care about.

I'm not sure if you know but it isn't uncommon for players to not be on the return flight home. They usually don't report until Wednesday for practice after game day Sunday's. I've been on flights with other players (Bills and non Bills) in the NFL who weren't traveling with the team after the game obviously.

Touche

I knew your post was a joke and I chuckled a little.

Should I be angry? I didn't feel anger when I read it.

We shall see about Washington. Big year for him to see if he has improved.

If Kyle comes back another year, that would be great.

Also, file this away, Star Lotuleilei is a UFA after this season. -_-

Maybe Carolina franchise tags Star, we trade him for Dareus. Super Bowl!

I'm pretty sure that we are going to keep Dareus at least through next year unless someone really walks in with a great trade deal. Having $14 M tied up for not having him is a large price to pay compared to $16.5 M for keeping him. Hate Whaley for giving him that contract if you like, but it's there now.

I really think that he could thrive in this scheme is the message gets home. This *should* get him back to single gapping on a lot of plays, with plenty of A gap bluff/blitz combos to keep him freed up. I just hope that he buys in

Cut the fat. Perhaps letting Gillmore go? Or was that prior to McDermott? Not sure who else this applies to?

that was a case of not wanting to pay big bucks for a cover corner that's not a necessity in McD's system. Gilmore has a reputation as a hard worker who studies a lot of film. Edited by TPS

And if the team loses, at least he trimmed the Bills fat on his way to a cozy coordinator position with the Bills left in disarray yet again.

And then enter a personnel man who appreciates(collects) talent.........who then has to draft and sign a bunch of turds because of a lack of playmakers.

I still remember Buddy basically saying he inherited a bare cupboard from Jauron/Levy/Brandon and by the time they got the talent level up to competitive Gailey's message was falling on deaf ears.

It's their right to be offended, which clearly was in jest and was made in the context of Lorenzo carrying the company line. And not as a critique of his but of those who don't buy into the Mcd/Beane culture mantra.

I'm not overly concerned of the aspersions that they have cast considering that none of us know each other.

Well, as Mick Jagger once said after Some Girls came out, if they can't take a joke it's just too f%^*ing bad.

Thanks for the intel, Lorax! :thumbsup:

....realistically, we see and hear probably 10% of the "goings on" regarding player(s) with the other 90% being behind closed doors AS IT SHOULD BE........yet some think that 10% is an instant qualifier to trash the new OBD gang et al......Asinine 101 IMO......this regime has their "form and fit player prototype" determined and if you don't fit, adios...right, wrong or indifferent?...who the hell knows but making this club a winner is what the hell THEY get paid for and why budding TBD GM candidates with resumes' in hand are here STILL posting.......yip yip yip....LOL.....

"Cut the Fat"

Before

post-17182-0-11205700-1504910308.jpgcalifornia_lorenzo_alexander_sm.jpg

After

no-91-lorenzo-alexander-lb-buffalo-billslorenzo-alexander-bills-today.jpg

I recently got a warning from a certain Canadian moderator for making a joke about the double standard the NFL has for Kaepernick compared to others. Calling one of our players an Uncle Tom is 10000000x worse.

So, your outrage is because you got dinged and he didn't? Wow, that is even richer than feigning outrage over the racial injustice of it all. Good job.

"Cut the Fat"

Before

post-17182-0-11205700-1504910308.jpgcalifornia_lorenzo_alexander_sm.jpg

After

no-91-lorenzo-alexander-lb-buffalo-billslorenzo-alexander-bills-today.jpg

I recently got a warning from a certain Canadian moderator for making a joke about the double standard the NFL has for Kaepernick compared to others. Calling one of our players an Uncle Tom is 10000000x worse.

You see, that's the rub, I really didnt.

You guys must be fun at parties.

Actually I find apologists to be much less fun to party with........they are too busy playing defense to have any fun.

Being a realist about the situation is great.......you do the work during the week.......know what you are up against........and then you just have fun on gameday...........which when it comes to the 2000's Bills........is NOT talking about the Bills on gameday. :thumbsup:

Actually I find apologists to be much less fun to party with........they are too busy playing defense to have any fun.

Being a realist about the situation is great.......you do the work during the week.......know what you are up against........and then you just have fun on gameday...........which when it comes to the 2000's Bills........is NOT talking about the Bills on gameday. :thumbsup:

Yes. "Realist" - that's always the pessimist's go-to term for how they describe themselves.

Btw I wasn't even talking to you. Defensive much? :lol:

Yes. "Realist" - that's always the pessimist's go-to term for how they describe themselves.

Btw I wasn't even talking to you. Defensive much? :lol:

You were apparently responding to the plural so since your were grouping and generalizing people I felt it was fair to comment. :thumbsup:

When the Bills were good in the mid-late 1990's I posted tons of positive content here on TSW......and it was insightful and much of it proved accurate or came to fruition.....hence my rep with the owner/moderators/veterans.

And my track record has remained consistent when the subject matter turned negative when the team got bad.

That's a realist....good in = good out.... bad in = bad out.

I saw these pessimists you speak of back then........but pessimists on TSW are pretty much extinct.......they vanished when the team became utterly irrelevant.........but by all means create a fictional enemy so you have something to fight about........don't want to get out of practice.........I'm sure those pessimists will be flocking back anytime now. :rolleyes: .

Dareus is still very talented. I'll wait to see him on the field in a scheme he's actually suited for before I proclaim him to be "fat" that needs to be cut.

Yeah, was thinking today that it would make a huge impact if he could play to his all pro potential this season. Could change the outlook of the whole year

What does "cut the fat" mean in this context?

You said "didn't fit his vision" but I would equate that phrase normally with "incompetent" or "redundant".

Getting rid of players that don't fit a coach's football philosophy is not really what I'd call trimming fat.

It is also pretty common. No?

Yeah...I really don't understand...The guys that are gone Watkins, Glimore, Gillislee, Darby, Ragaland, Williams were all good people in that locker room. They were never a distraction.. They were sent packing because they were either not good, not good for the system or business decisions. This team really had no identity under Rex Ryan because Rex wanted the spotlight. No player was allowed to be the mouthpiece of this organization.

Yeah, was thinking today that it would make a huge impact if he could play to his all pro potential this season. Could change the outlook of the whole year

I think that goes without saying. And I have no doubt he's far more motivated to play DT than NT.

Yeah...I really don't understand...The guys that are gone Watkins, Glimore, Gillislee, Darby, Ragaland, Williams were all good people in that locker room. They were never a distraction.. They were sent packing because they were either not good, not good for the system or business decisions. This team really had no identity under Rex Ryan because Rex wanted the spotlight. No player was allowed to be the mouthpiece of this organization.

It must have been directed at one or more of the guys you mentioned. If I had to guess, it wasn't directed at MG, RR, or JW since they all are/were backups.

Dareus got cut? Or has Dareus seen the light? :flirt:

Marcell is and has been their biggest individual culture problem in the lockerroom..........I think they gnawed around the bad apple but the core is still there.

Having some difficult personalities to deal with is not an uncommon problem for coaches coming in.........that's why most figure out how to deal with these problem players and get production out of them.........and hopefully win them over rather than just try to pick followers and try to build a leadership core by overpaying a few vets to run the lockeroom(Lorax, Wood and McCoy).

How do you know? Are you in the locker room?

Dareus got cut? Or has Dareus seen the light? :flirt:

Marcell is and has been their biggest individual culture problem in the lockerroom..........I think they gnawed around the bad apple but the core is still there.

Having some difficult personalities to deal with is not an uncommon problem for coaches coming in.........that's why most figure out how to deal with these problem players and get production out of them.........and hopefully win them over rather than just try to pick followers and try to build a leadership core by overpaying a few vets to run the lockeroom(Lorax, Wood and McCoy).

I fully agree, if not for that massive salary Buffalo would have to swallow he would have gone too. He can still redeem himself though.

Dareus is still very talented. I'll wait to see him on the field in a scheme he's actually suited for before I proclaim him to be "fat" that needs to be cut.

Really??? The worst move this org. has ever made was the ridiculous contract they gave this underachieving head case.