You guys remember where you were

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexican Joe's in Amherst. Stopped drinking in the 2nd half if that makes sense because of the stress. Back in the day I could drink. Fell into the cigarette machine when he missed. Walked home in a snowstorm that blew into my face the whole way. Slept for 11 hours. Still hurts.

Or what you were doing when Norwood missed the game winning field goal in the Superbowl against the Giants? I hope you guys dont mind bringing up these kind of games. I was going to ask about the comeback against the Oilers but a topic was started on that already so I thought of this one. Anyways do you remember what you were doing or where you were?

I was sitting right by the goal post at the Big Sombrero that the ball sailed wide right by. Just a heartbreak of epic proportions. I was pretty drunk but it still sucked something awful!! The drive with my buddies from Tampa back to Atlanta the next day was very depressing.

I was also at the Music City Miracle game in Nashville. That was more shocking then heartbreaking. But still a huge downer just the same.

I was also at the Bills-Dolphins playoff game in Miami after the 1998 season when Flutie got creamed by Trace Armstrong at the 5 when we were marching for the winning TD late in the game.

And I went to the Bills-Cowboys Super Bowl at the Rose Bowl in 1993. That game just sucked ass big time. I was so pissed after that loss, I kicked over a row of chairs at LAX airport.

I have seen some heartbreak in my years.

The last Bills game I saw live was the win in 2011 against the Pats when Fitzie led us on the big comeback. That was a great victory! And I saw the Hail Mary TD in 1981 against the Pats from Fergy to Hooks when I was a teenage. So I have seen some good victories.

Hopefully a lot more positive then negative is on the horizon. Go Bills!!

Oops sorry if I offended anyone with this topic. I was going to start one about the Oilers comeback? Can I change it to that since that is a good memory but I know that has been beaten to death on this board too.

Don't worry about it. Go check out that guy spags in another thread. These guys are harmless, just rabid Bills fans one and all. I remember you from BBMB too. You're always welcome, but Jeez, ya had to bring up wide right. Actually kicked in the tv set I had just bought to watch the game on.

Was at a super bowl party. No doubt we are gonna win this game. Snowing hard outside. Owner of the house was a Giants fan and frankly a dousche bag. I thought it was a 30 yarder then they said 47 yard attempt I got real nervous. It was one of the worst moments in my life. I'll never forget it. Total devestation.

The real entertaining question would be this.....

What would happen if the Bills made the SB this year and missed another 47 yard FG to win as time expired.

How would the region hold up if something like that happened?

I think they'd have to call out the National Guard....and I'm not kidding one bit.

it went beyond urge for me. giants fan lived in an above apt and was talking trash before the game. needless to say he came knocking on my door half drunk after the game talking even more trash. I beat the living **** out of him only to have his gf kick me in the nuts.

I don't know what hurt worse, the kick in the nuts or losing the game.

To a lot of us, that wide right was like a kick in the nuts. Felt pretty much the same. Ten years after that game, I tried watching it and only got through the first

half, turned it off, took out the tape, and threw it away. It still hurt all that time later.

Or what you were doing when Norwood missed the game winning field goal in the Superbowl against the Giants? I hope you guys dont mind bringing up these kind of games. I was going to ask about the comeback against the Oilers but a topic was started on that already so I thought of this one. Anyways do you remember what you were doing or where you were?

at my buddies parents house half drunk. Jim Jones is his name, future guitar player for Bim Skala Bim. He went to Berkeley School of music

and I really wasnt paying much attention to the game. there was a woman i was fond of there .

truth

it went beyond urge for me. giants fan lived in an above apt and was talking trash before the game. needless to say he came knocking on my door half drunk after the game talking even more trash. I beat the living **** out of him only to have his gf kick me in the nuts.

I don't know what hurt worse, the kick in the nuts or losing the game.

But this was a girl! Granted, I'm 6'1" and about 190#, and she was my size, but.... still!

I was on the 40 yard line about 20 rows up on the Bills side and the guy behind me, who was my friend's cousin, had the numbers on a winner take all $10,000 pool if Norwood makes the kick. So we lost the game and he lost 10K by a foot. Ouch.

OUCH

The real entertaining question would be this.....

What would happen if the Bills made the SB this year and missed another 47 yard FG to win as time expired.

How would the region hold up if something like that happened?

I think they'd have to call out the National Guard....and I'm not kidding one bit.

I don't think you need to worry

Watching the game on my bedroom 13" TV in utter disbelief.

You had to remind me. I was living in New York City, and I hosted a big Super Bowl party at my apartment in Manhattan. I had all the goodies and Mannequins dressed in Bills Jerseys to supplant all my Giants loving friends. There were about 30 people there and only 2 Bills fans and we were pumped. We trash talked all day, thinking we'd whoop there asses. I ate crow until the next Super Bowl and then it was **** eating from then on. Could never live down those losses.

Oops sorry if I offended anyone with this topic. I was going to start one about the Oilers comeback? Can I change it to that since that is a good memory but I know that has been beaten to death on this board too.

you didn't IB67. We just have a large influx of "amazing posters" here that must not have known you were cool. Hope all is well in Green Bay

It was my junior year of college. I had just been home for Christmas and was at Rich Stadium for both the Kelly/Marino 44-34 showdown in the snow and the 51-3 dismantling of the Raiders in the AFC Championship game (thank God for brothers-in-law with season tickets). For Superbowl Sunday, I was back at school in Boston. I had a huge party in my apartment on Charles Street. I went to an arts college, so there were very few sports fans there. But, around 30-40 friends who couldn't have cared less about football came and rooted for the Bills just because they knew how much it meant to me. There were two friends from NYC (also not football fans) who started rooting for the Giants, just because it was New York. And as Norwood's kick went up, about 20 of us were all holding hands...and then, UGH! Like Charlie Brown after Lucy pulls that football away. The last things I remember from that night (from my last somewhat sober moments) were holding my face in my hands as my friends tried to console me and one of my roommates trying to kick out our two friends who were still cheering for the New York win.

Edited by folz

Sometimes I wonder if you are sincerely a nice, albiet ignorant person...

...or pretending to be nice so you can sneek in jabs.

I'm going with the latter, but I guess I won't rule out sheer ignorance, GBfan2010

Sometimes I wonder if you are sincerely a nice, albiet ignorant person...

...or pretending to be nice so you can sneek in jabs.

I'm going with the latter, but I guess I won't rule out sheer ignorance, GBfan2010

Nope neither. I would love to see you guys win it all as long as it wasn't against us. We love the Bills.

To a lot of us, that wide right was like a kick in the nuts. Felt pretty much the same. Ten years after that game, I tried watching it and only got through the first

half, turned it off, took out the tape, and threw it away. It still hurt all that time later.

trust me, it still hurts. not the kick in the nuts but the pain from that game nearly 27 years ago.

But this was a girl! Granted, I'm 6'1" and about 190#, and she was my size, but.... still!

smileyslaughing_lol_crying_100-101.gif?w

I was watching the game with friends at one of their apts. Obviously disappointed that he missed the kick. The only bright spot was when I went to work the following day and found out that by missing the kick I ended up winning a fairly lucrative (very) office pool! I had no idea at the time he missed the kick as I had forgotten to take the sheet with me. At least it was a very nice consolation prize...