Six players cut

WMDman

Rambo always comes back

He wants... what every... man... wants... for his team... to love him... as much... as he... loves... it.

(Full full effect, imagine the person saying these words has only half of his tongue)

Edited by transient

Too bad about Rambo. I think he's been hurt by the timing of his moves, missing OTAs at both Miami and his return here. When he was here the first time, I thought he was better than Duke Williams, whom we kept last season after letting Rambo go.

This was a good read.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/29/inside-bills-gm-brandon-beane-assistant-gm-joe-schoen-ready-chaotic-24-hours/

Inside the Bills: Beane, Schoen ready for a chaotic 24 hours.

'During the team’s mandatory minicamp in June, Beane had the whole personnel department, both college and pro scouts, get together. The goal was to make sure that the entire group was unified.

“I've seen it where college staffs and pro staffs aren't gelled for various reasons – sometimes there's fingers pointing of, ‘you know, you pay these free agents or you guys aren't drafting well’ – things like that. We've had them cross looking at things. We'll involve our pro guys after free agency in the draft process just like we included the college guys in this part. I think it's important so that everybody sees everybody's work and understands everybody's pitching in.”

That continued during training camp at St. John Fisher College, where the personnel department had a room to just “hang out, talk, B.S. about life,” Beane said. “We played hoops together. People saw the competitive side of guys. There were some moments when it got a little heated. But that's cool because everybody says 'man, if this guy wants it here, he's going to want it out there on the road. He wants to win. He'll do anything.' I really felt a great bond and the feedback we got back from the college guys as they left was super excited. So I feel great where we're at.”

Weird timing with all these releases with the final preseason game left to go. I assume the starters are going to see minimal to no time on the field so you would think you would want enough healthy bodies to make it through the game.

Edited by billieve420

Too bad about Rambo. I think he's been hurt by the timing of his moves, missing OTAs at both Miami and his return here. When he was here the first time, I thought he was better than Duke Williams, whom we kept last season after letting Rambo go.

I agree. Duke made some really dumb mistakes, as I recall. Always liked Rambo.

Kinda sorry to see Metz go. PS candidate?

....$775,000 was a decent price if he could stay healthy.......