What record to start the season ends the honeymoon?

Kool-Aid? I dont see any evidence of what you are implying.

Any fan with half a brain realizes we are in a rebuild mode and expectations are going to be extremely low, by mid season the dialogue will be about our future franchise QB. 2017 season is a lost season, deal with it. If they go 1-15 or 6-10 what difference does it make.

I will be happy if we do nothing more than clean up Rex's mistakes: reduce penalties significantly, have reasonable clock management, appropriate challenges, learn how to substitute players on time like a real NFL team. Also like to see them develop Jones and see what Peterman has.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Kool aid...... can we move on from that word? Seems like a lazy word to throw out when one can't really articulate a good arguement.

I didn't want to confuse anyone with big words. It really seems more like blind hope that this time it will work out. There just is little to back it with a first time coach and GM. It doesn't mean it can't or won't work, just that there is no track record. Everyone has to start somewhere and who knows how it will turn out, I'm just surprised how much backing they are getting on every move,

I didn't want to confuse anyone with big words. It really seems more like blind hope that this time it will work out. There just is little to back it with a first time coach and GM. It doesn't mean it can't or won't work, just that there is no track record. Everyone has to start somewhere and who knows how it will turn out, I'm just surprised how much backing they are getting on every move,

I can only speak for myself but I am excited about the possibliy (never a sure thing) of landing a franchise QB next spring. We have all bitched about not having one since Kelly was under center. Well, that may change starting in the very near future.

On top of that, players like K. Williams, incognito, Wood, most likely Clay and McCoy will have to be replaced in the very near future. The draft is how the best teams seem to build.

The Kool aid is flowing and people are enjoying the new flavor, but when would people start noticing a funky aftertaste.

1-3 with only win over Jets, or maybe 2-5 or 3-5.

Something makes me think that the same people applauding everything now will be the first to do a180.

It's the Bills. The " honeymoon" ended yesterday afternoon.

Kool aid...... can we move on from that word? Seems like a lazy word to throw out when one can't really articulate a good arguement.

I've asked many times.....no one can be original anymore...everyone speaks in cliches...like when someone says "it is what it is". Just means they have nothing to add

The Kool aid is flowing and people are enjoying the new flavor, but when would people start noticing a funky aftertaste.

Something makes me think that the same people applauding everything now will be the first to do a180.

If you're waiting for them to fail so that you can hate on them, then there is not a single thing that they can do that will make you remain optimistic. Most fans know that anything can happen in the NFL. For me I'm looking for improved play, disciplined play and always being competitive. Won loss record is not necessarily the yardstick for success this year. I'm looking for a team that doesn't embarrass themselves or look unprepared like in the past few years.

There will be no honey moon. There are already a decent amount of fans who are upset with the way Beane/McD are reshaping this team the way they envision it to be and that involved getting rid of Whaley and Watkins which definitely had their defenders among fans. So to win those people back they will have to earn it.

However on the other hand there is also a contingency of fans that believe there is actually a clear purpose behind McD/Beane who will most likely give the benefit of the doubt and time realiz9ng that this is a rebuild of the franchise.

My guess is that it will get ugly at first and hopefully we steadily improve throughout the season and that best year we hit it out the park with the draft

There will be no honey moon. There are already a decent amount of fans who are upset with the way Beane/McD are reshaping this team the way they envision it to be and that involved getting rid of Whaley and Watkins which definitely had their defenders among fans. So to win those people back they will have to earn it.

However on the other hand there is also a contingency of fans that believe there is actually a clear purpose behind McD/Beane who will most likely give the benefit of the doubt and time realiz9ng that this is a rebuild of the franchise.

My guess is that it will get ugly at first and hopefully we steadily improve throughout the season and that best year we hit it out the park with the draft

I can't believe people are so twisted up over this move.

Kool-Aid? I dont see any evidence of what you are implying.

Any fan with half a brain realizes we are in a rebuild mode and expectations are going to be extremely low, by mid season the dialogue will be about our future franchise QB. 2017 season is a lost season, deal with it. If they go 1-15 or 6-10 what difference does it make.

I will be happy if we do nothing more than clean up Rex's mistakes: reduce penalties significantly, have reasonable clock management, appropriate challenges, learn how to substitute players on time like a real NFL team. Also like to see them develop Jones and see what Peterman has.

Good post!

Anything less than 3 wins by week two and the season is over.

:thumbsup:

Between today and a week ago we have had one major change: a falloff at one WR position from Sammy to Jordan. The CB is a wash. Yet the sky is falling.

As I do every season I will wait to see the games actually played. And as far as honeymoon period, they don't exist in the NFL.

You couldn't be more wrong. 2-6 with the only wins over the Jets would be good.

4-4 would suck, unless Peterman had been the starter from week one and was getting national praise for his start.

This season was a wash before it started and the correct thing to do is get a first rounder for TT and seal the deal.

Marv was 31-42 with the Chiefs.... Track record?

Polian's track record when he joined the Bill's?

We won't know until we do. In the mean time, hope springs eternal.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

The overall talent on this team is not there. Whaley did a number on us and I have been wanting him out for 3 years now. We only have one more player who is tradable and that is Shady. I could see us getting a 3rd or 4th for him if a playoff team looses a starter. As of right now the only team we have a chance to beat is the Jets and maybe one upset game because of Shady.

If McDermott can take this very average roster and coach them up where they are in games and playing disciplined football that's all I really need to see out of this season. Whaley left us with a bare cupboard, it will be at least 2 years before we can replenish the talent needed to make a playoff push. A perfect 2018 draft and signing 1 high end FA with a few solid role players would speed up the process.

If you're waiting for them to fail so that you can hate on them, then there is not a single thing that they can do that will make you remain optimistic. Most fans know that anything can happen in the NFL. For me I'm looking for improved play, disciplined play and always being competitive. Won loss record is not necessarily the yardstick for success this year. I'm looking for a team that doesn't embarrass themselves or look unprepared like in the past few years.

This....100% this.......2017 is our new HC molding a team to his liking.......Win and Losses are not what's important this year....that comes in 2018.....